Join our server on Discord

Happy Easter, everyone!
I had one of the greatest Easter holidays ever x3 spent with someone I cherish a lot x3
[Image: KuranKaname1.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Happy Easter, or whatnot.

"The modern English term Easter is speculated to have developed from Old English word Ēastre[needs IPA] or Ēostre, which itself developed prior to 899. The name refers to Eostur-monath, a month of the Germanic calendar attested by Bede as named after the goddess Ēostre of Anglo-Saxon paganism.[16] Bede notes that Eostur-monath was the equivalent to the month of April, and that feasts held in her honor during Ēostur-monath had died out by the time of his writing, replaced with the Christian custom of Easter.[17] Using comparative linguistic evidence from continental Germanic sources, the 19th century scholar Jacob Grimm proposed the existence of an equivalent form of Eostre among the pre-Christian beliefs of the continental Germanic peoples, whose name he reconstructed as Ostara.

The implications of the goddess have resulted in theories about whether or not Eostre is an invention of Bede, theories connecting Eostre with records of Germanic folk custom (including hares and eggs), and as cultural descendant of the Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn through the etymology of her name. Grimm's reconstructed Ostara has had some influence in modern popular culture. Modern German has Ostern, but otherwise, Germanic languages have generally borrowed the form pascha, see below." (Wikipedia.org)
Almost every holiday people celebrate today is based on pagan celebrations in some way, even if it is just the timing of it.

One example being Christmas. While evidence that if Jesus Christ existed at all points to him being born in the summer, early christians moved the celebration of the day of his birth to coincide with the pagan celebration of the winter solstice to avoid persecution.
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."
Guys guys. You're forgetting what Easter is all about, Zombie Heroes belong in War Craft III, this holiday represents what every inner child craves: An intensive chocolate-induced sugar rush.

The true hero is the Easter Bunny, you all know it.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Mom makes tamolies in Easter, although I did eat a good all you can eat buffet. X3
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Easter is a special time of year, but Christmas tops them all due to Noggy.
Free candy does make the holiday more fun.
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."