Join our server on Discord

A Demon's Return
Alright, here is the first chapter of a series I have started(a couple times now) Honestly want to know what everyone thinks of it. So you all know, they are all Original Characters, set in a different universe then the others and for this story, I won't be adding crossovers. Chapter one is heterosexual human, though I intend on adding yuri, yoai, and more later on. So let me know what you think.

A Demon's Return
Ch1-Temperature Spike

The small hotel's ground floor was lacking visitors, the night drawing around the city and sending those with normal sleeping habits to bed. Others were waking at the coming moon, preparing to leave for their jobs in the twenty-four hour city that was Las Vegas. The lights never shut off, neon and florescent lights blinking without unity, blinding those who gazed into the bright like a moth to a flame. The hotel was set far enough away so that the ground floor was lit only by it's own lights, a soft warm white bouncing off the hardwood floor. It had a sense of elegance to it.

The echo of footsteps reverberated in the room, the hotel clerk glancing over his magazine to see who had entered the door. A young man was quickly crossing the distance to his desk. His dark brown hair was about shoulder length, pulled back into a tail. His clothes were simple, a gray tee-shirt under a black over shirt and faded blue jeans. He wore what appeared to be boots, most likely lending him another inch, topping him off at 6'1, a few inches taller then himself, but certainly more tan. The clerk adjusted the buttons on his outfit, making sure he was presentable to his last customer of the night.

“Good evening sir. How may I help you this fine night?” The clerk stood at attention, a smile on his face brought forth by years of work. As the figure finally stopped at the desk, the clerk was taken aback for a moment by the man's gray eyes. They seemed powerful, commanding. “W-Would like to check into a room for the night? We have some rooms available,” the clerk stuttered.

The man's voice was calm and polite enough, helping to ease the clerks tension. “That would definitely do me some good. I can't remember the last time I had a good night's sleep. I'll take the cheapest you have.” The man shifted the load he was carrying, a backpack hanging on his shoulders and a duffel bag held firmly in his left hand.

“Of course, first I'll need to see some I.D. and it will run you $50 a night, so I will need a method of payment.”

The man reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, setting down his duffel bag as he rummaged through it searching for his I.D. He pulled it forth after about a minute of searching handing it to the clerk. “Here ya go,” he said as he read the clerk's name tag, “Richard”. Richard took the I.D. and proceeded to begin entering data into the hotel's computer system. He looked up as he was finishing. “And what will be your form of payment, Mr. Lunen?” he asked the customer.

“Debit,” the man replied, handing over a bank card. The clerk continued entering information into the computer as he was handed the card. When he finished the entering what was needed, he gave the customer his card key. “Here you go, sir. Your room is on floor seven, number 138. Would you like me to get your bags for you?” Richard asked, hoping he wouldn't say yes. He was already tired and the duffel bag looked heavy.

“Nah, thanks but I got it. You look like you haven't had a decent nights sleep in awhile either. Working you to the bone?” the guest asked.

Richard smiled, “You know it. Well is there anything else I can you get you before you leave?”

Mr. Lunen stared at the ground for a moment before replying, “How about two bowls of beef stew or the closest you got to it?”

“Sure thing Mr. Lunen, it will be up in an hour, if that is okay. One of our workers will be bringing it up for you then. You have a good night sir.” Richard waved off the man as he smiled and proceeded to the elevator. Out of the corner of his eye, he thought he saw the bag kick. He stared at it a few more moments, before dismissing it to his lack of sleep. “They really have been working me to the bone.” He looked back at his desk and noticed a few green bills sitting atop it. He pocketed the money before even counting it. Like dad always said, he thought to himself, “it doesn't matter how much. You aren't in it for the tips. Don't ever count on them, and don't count them.” He settled back down into his seat, pulled his magazine out from the shelf on the front desk, leaned back and went back to reading his magazine.

***********************************************************************************************************

The man swiped his card through the door's slot, the lock clicking as he twisted the handle. He stepped in, dropped his bags in the middle of the floor, and instantly fell onto the bed resting in the middle of the room. A customary mint rested against his forehead, but he was too tired to care. The sound of a bag rustling around caused him to finally lift his head to stare at the duffel bag. After a few more moments of the sides of the bag jumping around, the zipper parted slightly and a small reptilian head peered out of the hole. The head gazed around the small room, it's movements sudden and quick. “Its okay Compiomon, the room is safe,” the man said as he rolled back over. The zipper moved the rest of the way down and the lizard creature jumped immediately onto the bed, clearing the three foot gap. The turkey sized Digimon immediately sat next to it's tamer. “Christopher, you can't sleep yet,” the lizard half hissed. “the food will be here soon. Remember?”

Christopher looked at the Digimon, sarcastically replying “You and food, how silly of me to forget.” The lizard merely stuck it's tongue out and proceeded to explore the room.

“How long do you think we'll be staying here?” Compiomon questioned as he jumped up onto the table adjacent to the small window, which to the Digimon's disappointment, didn't include a view.

“At $50 a night, I doubt anymore longer then two nights. At that price, my college fund would be depleted in no time. We have to make this money last, until I can figure out what we are going to do,” Christopher answered, half inaudible with his face in a pillow. Compiomon leaped back onto the bed, butting heads with Christopher. He did his best to ignore it, but finally gave up and lifted his head and glared at the little Digimon. Compiomon mimicked the glare for a moment, then suddenly snapped his head at the mint, leaping away with his prize. Christopher just groaned. “At least unwrap it this time, Compiomon?”

“Too late,” was the reply from the lizard, as Chris let out an exhausted sigh.

“I'm going to take a shower, Compiomon. Don't open the door and try to stay out of trouble,” Chris said as he grudgingly rose from the warm bed to the bathroom a few feet away.

Compiomon looked up at his tamer, the mint still between his teeth. “No promises. It seems to have a habit of finding us.”

Chris just responded with a grunt. He stepped into the cramped hotel bathroom, removing his clothes and his necklace, the only piece of jewelry he wore. He gazed at the small sword pendant, a gray jewel embedded in the center of it's hilt. He gave it a kiss and placed it with the rest of his belongings. He proceeded to turn the shower on and stepped into the hot water, resting his head on the wall as the water ran over his body. He let his mind wander, memories slipping in and out of his focus as he enjoyed the feeling of the water. As much as he tried to fight it off, his mind once again recalled the memories of her.

***********************************************************************************************************

Christopher grunted as he turned away from the origin of the voice. “Come on, sleepy head. You gotta wake up, babe.”

Christopher rolled over and looked up into her face, her smile stretching. The sunlight was falling across the bed, her form silhouetted by the window. The woman was leaning over Chris, her brown eyes locked on his. “Danelle, it's early.” Christopher tried to act upset. “You had better have a good reason for waking me up.”

“Well, some one certainly has woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning,” Danelle retorted, sticking her lower lip out, pouting.

Christopher just smiled and said, “That is because you woke me up on the opposite side as the window, and I can't see your pretty face.”

Danelle giggled. “That was even cornier then usual.” Danelle suddenly let out a yelp as Chris suddenly grabbed her by her waist and swung her onto the bed pinning her arms to the mattress as she squirmed and wiggled underneath him.

“You haven't told me why you woke me up yet.” Chris glared at her.

“And I'm not going to, so there!” she retorted, her brown hair falling into her face. She attempted to lift her hand up to move the strands, only to remember that Chris had a hold of them.

“Fine, I'll just have to make you tell me!” With that, Chris began tickling Danelle's sides, the girl squirming underneath him and laughing hysterically. This continued for several minutes, Chris periodically giving her a breathing break and asking her is she was ready to tell, returning to the torture he was administering to his love. Finally she gave, trying to breath through fits of laughter.

“I came in here to give you a present.” With that, Danelle suddenly flipped Chris over, pinning him to the mattress and locking lips with her surprised victim. Chris instantly returned the kiss, his tongue gently exploring hers, her hands letting up as Chris placed his on her back, his fingers making small circles on her back, sending small shivers through Danelle's body. Danelle in turn placed her hands on Chris's bare chest, enjoying the warm skin. She broke the kiss, lifting her head and staring into Chris's eyes. “Your eyes. They're blue today.” Chris just smiled and resumed kissing Danelle, his hands lifting the shirt up above her chest. He slowly stroked the sides of her stomach as he continued to kiss her, his hands slowly getting closer to her breast with every passing. He broke the kiss, pulling Danelle's shirt the rest of the way off of her body and throwing it to the side.

Danelle sat on his waist, letting Chris take in the view. She slowly reached her hands to the clasp in the back and unclasped the bra, the garment falling atop Chris's chest. She picked it up and tossed it onto the discarded shirt. Chris slowly let his hands trail up Danelle's smooth body, slowly circling her breast and rising to her face, slowly pushing the hair covering it to the side. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Chris.” The two once again kissed, Danelle remaining atop the love of her life. Chris hands found their way to Danelle's breast, making slow circles around the small buds, getting closer but never touching them, Danelle's breathing becoming quicker. She began running her hands through Chris's hair. He slowly took her nipples between his index fingers and thumbs, slowly squeezing and flicking them. Danelle responded with a small moan, her grip on his scalp slightly tightening. Chris broke the kiss, instead choosing to focus his attention on her breasts, slowly and lightly licking her right one while still teasing the left with his fingers. She continued moaning a little, her excitement growing.

Chris jumped at the sudden banging on the hotel room door, nearly slipping in the shower. He regained his composure, turning off the water, and quickly throwing on a robe. He went over to the door, checking the room to ensure that Compiomon was out of sight. The last thing he needed was one of the cleaning ladies to notice a talking, bipedal, turkey sized lizard in his room. Satisfied that the Digimon was out of sight, Chris cracked the door slightly. Better not to take chances, he thought to himself. Outside stood a young Latina female, long brown hair and a gold polo shirt on. Chris gazed at her, possibly a few moments to long he realized. He quickly averted his gaze, hoping she hadn't noticed. The blushing on her face told him she had. He silently cursed himself as he unlatched the lock on the door. She said hello and quickly set about setting up the two bowls beef stew. She quickly said her goodbye and was out like that.

“I think you embarrassed her,” Compiomon said as he leaped onto the chair beside the table, already starting to chow down on his stew.

“Yea, yea, yea.”

Richard bent the serving girl over, her arms planted against the wall for support as he quickly pounded her, the sound of skin on skin filling the break room. He pulled her shirt up over her chest, began to massage her breasts and entered and withdrew from her, her moans becoming louder with every push.

“Richard, don't stop,” she moaned, enjoying the feeling of his member filling her. Richard replied by nibbling on her neck as he continued his fondling. Her moans reached an apex as her walls clutched onto him, the sensation causing Richard to lose control and spilling his seed inside of her, causing her to shudder at the unexpected result.

They both finally let go of each other, panting as they slid to the ground. They continued to kiss for a few moments, Richard still fondling her chest. In a few moments, Richard was hard again, his member standing at attention. “Well Vanessa, you ready for round two?”

Vanessa giggled and grasped Richard, slowly pumping him up and down, a slight sigh escaping his lips. She slowly puckered hers, and slid Richard into her mouth. Richard laid back and failed to notice the bell ring, signaling someone had entered the main lobby.

Richard was about to reach his climax, tapping Vanessa on the shoulder to let her know. But instead of getting off, she continued to please him, sucking harder and lightly nibbling on her way back up. It was enough to bring Richard over, his fluid hitting the back of her throat as she gulped what she could down. Afterword, they both rose without a word and began replacing their clothes, sneaking kisses and peaks at each other the whole while. Richard began to sweat, something that was unusual for him. “Vanessa, is it getting hot in here or is it just...” Richard noticed Vanessa was staring at the doorway, where a tall figure stood, wearing what appeared to be a hooded cloak, concealing their face and everything else. “Who the hell are you? You aren't allowed back here sir.” Richard continued to sweat, his clothes starting to become wet.

“I'm looking for Christopher Lunen,” the voice was low and powerful, full of anger and hate. Richard instantly didn't like where this was going.

“Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave or I'll...”

“You'll what? Call the police?” The voice laughed, his hands coming out of his sleeves. To Richard's amazement, they seemed to be covered in fire. “I'm not afraid of your police, or of your race really.” Suddenly the room was ablaze, fire filling the room as the creature lifted his hands, flames flowing from his fingers to the two humans before him. The creature waved his hands, all the flames suddenly vanishing just as soon as they had appeared, before the detectors had a chance to go off. Nothing but ashes remained where Richard and Vanessa had once been. The creature chuckled. “Guess I'll have to check myself.”

Chris and Compiomon continued eating their soup in silence, Chris eating simply because he had to rather then because he was hungry. What he wanted was nothing more then sleep. He wasn't sure he was feeling at all well either. He felt warm, almost as if he had a fever. “Hey Compiomon, you feeling warm at all?”

“Now that you mention it,” the Digimon said through a mouth full of beef, “it is rather warm.”

Chris walked over to the balcony door, sliding it open to let in the cool air. But as he stepped away, he felt the temperature rise by more then a few degrees, sweat beading his forehead. Now Compiomon was worried, sniffing the air. “Chris, something isn't right.”

He had learned early on that when Compiomon said something was wrong, it was time to start moving. "Not even a chance to sleep huh?" Chris ran over to his bag and lifted it onto his back. “We're outta here Compiomon. It is always better safe then sorry. Let's go.” Chris left the duffel bag, choosing speed over stealth. He could always get another. He undid the latch to his room and opened his door. As he did so he was hit with a blast of hot air, his vision becoming hazy. He squinted down the hall, hearing the distant ring of an elevator. In the distance, he saw a cloaked figure step out and look immediately at him, lifting it's right arm towards him.

Chris slammed the door shut, scooping Compiomon into his arms as he ran towards the balcony. "You ready Compiomon?" His Digimon responded with a nod of his head. As he reached the railing, the door suddenly blew away as the room was filled with flames, everything going up in shades of yellow, orange, and red. Chris leaped off the railing, reaching into this pocket as their free fall began, flames passing just over their heads as the two plummeted from eight stories up. Chris pulled a metal object out, a small screen fixed upon it's top. “Compiomon, Digivolve!”

Energy surged through the little Digimon, Compiomon glowing white as his form suddenly grew in size. His body began to morph. "Compiomon Digivolve to..." His stature grew, arms becoming muscular, body lengthening. "Velocimon!" The newly changed Digimon's body was dark brown, it's form resembling that of a raptor, his only difference being the two monstrous wings that had sprouted from his back. Chris immediately reached for Velocimon's neck as they plummeted down, stretching himself straight along his back. Velocimon quickly stretched his wings out, the sixteen foot span catching the wind, allowing him to effectively glide the remainder of the way to the hotel's outer parking lot. He pulled back, his wings catching more air as he landed on the asphalt. Chris slid down his back, landing at the Digimon's feet as it turned to gaze at the inferno they had just narrowly escaped.

The room looked to be torched, flames leaping out of the window, the railing they had cleared charred black. A shadowy figure stood in front of the inferno, his form nothing more then a black spot amidst the fire. In an instant, the flames suddenly converged on the figure, swirling around him. The next instant, they were gone, nothing but the silhouette remaining. The creature walked off the edge of the balcony, it's cloak billowing as it plummeted the eight stories. It crashed into the ground, dust and debris rising from the contact. Chris and Velocimon stared intently, Chris's knuckles turning white with the grip he held on his Digivice.

"Fireball!" The dust suddenly swirled, a ball of fire emerging from it's depths towards the two.

"Crimson Tail!" Velocimon spun his body, his tail surrounded by a deep red mist. The two attacks made contact, the fire sputtering out as Velocimon regained balance and steadied itself, body tense for what was next. The dust had vanished, and in the middle of the small crater left by the original impact stood a creature larger then a man, completely covered in flames. "Meramon. I should have guessed they would send you," Velocimon hissed.

"Come now," Meramon said, his lips slightly moving against the sewing that held them shut, "that is no way for you to greet a friend, is it?"

"And burning up their hotel room is?" Chris replied sarcastically.

"You haven't changed a bit, Chris." Meramon clenched his fist. " I'm gonna enjoy..."

Chris feigned a yawn “Man, you guys can't even let a guy get some sleep, can ya? Don't worry Velocimon, this guy will be a breeze.”

“When I'm through with you punk, you'll have plenty of time to sleep!” Meramon yelled as he raised his hands, ready to eliminate his targets.

“Velocimon, let's show him what for. GO!”
I'll be posting chapter 2 within the next week. I want to do some editing to it. I know the story seems a little confusing without a back history, but that will be sort of built into the story itself. you'll see what I mean later on. All comments and advice, whether kind or harsh are welcomed and encouraged.
Chapter 2:Unique
Sex: N/A

5 Months Earlier...

Christopher sped down the surface roads to Danelle's and his apartment complex. He dodged other cars nimbly, occasionally driving on into the oncoming traffic lane when it was safe to do so. He had received a text message during his Spanish class. So lost in thought he just barely noticed the train tracks were closing off before him, Chris just narrowly avoiding stopping on the tracks. “No avoiding it here. I'm stuck for now,” Chris said to himself. “Damn it!” He reached into his pocket, pulling his phone out and accessing his messages. He still couldn't believe what he had read.

“Chris, I have some bad news. Hiroshi is dead. You need to get to the Digital World now. Everyone here is claiming it wasn't an accident. They are saying he was murdered. Hawkmon is nowhere to be found either. Get here soon. Danelle.” Questions plagued his mind. His first thoughts were of who, how, and why. He almost couldn't make himself believe Hiroshi was dead. Tears began to form in Chris's eyes, sorrow giving way to anger. Hiroshi was one of the nicest people he knew. His sense of justice was unmatched, always doing the right thing. The idea of him being murdered disgusted and appalled Chris.

Chris silently cursed himself again as the train continued to pass. He had been so focused on getting there as quick as he could, he didn't even think to simply use one of the college's thousands of computers. No, instead he instantly left for his car. The vehicle rocked a little as the side of his fist collided with the driver's side window in anger, the train continuing to rush by. Finally the last bit rolled by, the bars raising to let him through. Christopher immediately took off, the top of his car scraping along the bottoms of the poles.

Ten minutes later, Christopher was rushing up the stairs of their two bedroom apartment. He fumbled with keys, trying to find the one to unlock the door. When he finally had it in the slot and turned, he learned that the door had already been unlocked, and frustratingly unlocked it again. He walked immediately to the master bedroom, throwing his backpack onto the bed and pulling his Digivice out. He walked up to the sole computer in the room, his Digivice and the computer humming in unison. “Digiportal open!” A blinding white light filled the small room, Christopher's body disappearing into it.

***********************************************************************************

Flames swirled around Meramon, his form being consumed. “Fire Blast!” The mass of fire rushed towards Christopher, scorched pavement following in it's wake. The speed of the attack caught the partners off guard, Velocimon narrowly knocking Chris out of the way as he took the brunt of the attack, flying back through the air several feet until he collided with a car, it's door caving in and the windshields cracking. Velocimon immediately rose, smoke rising from his hunched form.

Chris rose to his feet, checking the screen of his Digivice for Velocimon's vitals. “A little hurt,” he thought to himself, “but nothing we can't handle.” He looked back up at his partner, the Digimon resembling a dam holding back a river. “Alright Velocimon, let's cool this hot head down.” Christopher focused all his thoughts, energy, his emotions into the object in his hand, Velocimon doing the same. The two minds became one. They both saw what the other saw, both thought what the other was thinking, both felt the others strengths and weaknesses, dreams and nightmares, courage and fears. Though in two separate bodies, they were one mind. Chris felt Velocimon's tensed body as though it were his own, the sheer power that was concealed behind the Digimon's frame. Velocimon felt Chris's pain, his anger, hate, all the emotions that swirled like a storm through his mind, forever shifting. Most of all, he felt Chris's courage, his sense of justice. The power his mind held.

The dam was released.

Meramon began to swirl the flames around him again, preparing for another strike. Before he could finish, Velocimon took off, feet seeming to barely touch the ground as he rushed his opponent. He crashed into Meramon, who was sent skipping, coming to a rest several yards away. “Velocimon, don't let him stand!”

Velocimon rushed again, this time leaping into the air as he closed the distance. Wings spread, he gained altitude, climbing several stories in a matter of seconds. Meramon rose to his knees, looking for the Digimon. Velocimon performed a back flip, nose diving towards the flaming creature. Wings tucked, he continued to gain speed, adding rotation to his dive. Chris felt the air rushing by, his stomach falling as Velocimon climbed. “Ariel Strike!” Meramon looked up from his kneeling position, only to be met with the all of Velocimon's speed and strength. The two sunk into the ground, Velocimon instantly uncoiling after impact, flying away inches over the ground before lifting his wings and landing gracefully on his feet.

Velocimon turned his head to view the damage. “Burning Fist!” Velocimon lay sprawled on the earth from the unexpected attack. Chris felt the pain, touching his own cheek as if it was burned.

“Get up, Velocimon!”

“Crimson Tail!”

Meramon was sent airborne, Velocimon's attack making contact with his midsection. Meramon corrected himself mid-fall, launching a volley of Fire Balls at the dinosaur like Digimon, who proceeded to swipe at the the attacks, countering with his own moves. Chris spoke to Velocimon through the Digivice. “Any chance you can take to the skies?”

“Not without getting hit, but then again, I can't keep this up forever.” Velocimon was already loosing step, stopping some mere inches from his face. “It's your call, Chris.”

Ideas flooded his mind. “There has to be a cool down period. Watch for it, he can't keep it up forever either.”

“Got it.” Velocimon watched his opponent's attacks, the way they left his fists and the time between volleys. He counted the time between contacts of the attacks. “There!” Velocimon continued to block attack after attack.

“I saw it too. Three of the fireballs hit almost at the same time. There is a pause afterword.” The two counted the fireballs in their mind. “Now Velocimon! Hit 'em!”

“Crimson Tail!” Velocimon pivoted on the balls of his feet, the red mist over his tail colliding with the three flames hurtled at him. He continued his spin, his left foot planting as he finished. Dark energy fill his open maw. “TERRA BLAST!” The dark sphere left his mouth, traveling towards Meramon. Meramon was caught between assaults, unable to defend himself, arms still outstretched as the attack made contact with his gut. The attack exploded upon impact, black smoke engulfing the Digimon. No flames leaped forth, no attacks came flying through.

Meramon watched as the smoke cleared, his vision blurred. “Odd,” he thought to himself, “smoke has never caused me problems before.” Through the haze, he could make out a shape that resembled Velocimon slowly walking towards him. “Why is he walking?” Meramon attempted to raise his arms to launch another volley, but found he couldn't quite seem to do it. He looked down at his arms, but became sidetracked by the large hole in his stomach. Small bits of data leaked away, soft shades of blue and pink. Suddenly it dawned on him. “Good job, kid.” He whispered. “Guess I'll be the one taking a nap.” Meramon lifted his head, Velocimon now a mere inch from him. He fell to his knees, no longer capable of supporting himself. Out of the blur, he could make out the Digimon raising his clawed hand, the arm pulling back. The last image he saw was the sight of those claws hurtling towards his face.

***********************************************************************************

Christopher made his way past the other mourning Digidestined. He skipped past them all, doing everything he could not to start running towards the few in the middle. Christopher had forgotten how so few Digidestined were left. Not many survived the event three years prior. There were so many then.

As he walked, he couldn't help but notice that they all seemed to be avoiding his glance. The few looks he did receive were ice cold, almost as if angry. Something wasn't right. He finally approached where the stronger Digidestined had gathered. What he saw brought him to knees, his stomach emptying it's contents into the grass. Around the Digidestined lay half a human torso, devoid of it's right leg and anything above the waist. Blood and unrecognizable organs lay strewn around the clearing, jagged edges along the flesh. One of the Digidestined approached Chris and grabbed him by the collar, painfully hoisting him onto his feet. Chris immediately swatted the hand away, looking the person in the face. “David, what the hell happened?” David's blue eyes burned with hate, his body tensed, his fists curled, the sleeves of his brown shirt rolled up past his elbows. Chris had never seen David angry. The blond male was usually calculating, methodical,but above all else, he kept his cool. To see him like this was unnerving to Chris to say the least. “David, tell me what happened.”

David and Chris had both played vital roles in the destruction of Oblivionmon. A Digimon that three years prior had threatened not only the Digital World, but the Human world as well. At that time, the Digital had chosen over a hundred warriors to defend it, the first Digidestined numbering in the hundreds. Oblivionmon was far more powerful, many of the Digidestined being not only defeated, but killed by the malicious Digimon. They had been outmatched, unable to contend with him, even with the superior numbers. That was until David and himself had managed to Digivolve their Digimon to the Mega level. Both had led smaller groups of Digidestined, not actually meeting until days before the battle. It is still unknown how they had managed to reach that level, though Chris supposed it had something to do with his unique Digivice.

Chris learned early on that where the Digidestined he encountered had Digivices in the shape of gray octagons, blue coloring surrounding the screens, Chris's was different. His consisted of twelve different sides, almost as if someone had taken a saw to each side of the Digivice, removing small rectangles. It's color was a metallic gray, the screen outlined in black. His seemed to work the same, the only difference he could notice was that it simply didn't look like the rest. That was until he managed to Digivolve Compiomon into his Mega stage.

Chris stood up straight, his body tensed as he returned the glare David was giving him. Something was wrong.

“Pull out your Digivice,” David said through grinding teeth.

“What?”

“I said pull out your Digivice!” Chris reached into his pocket, the reassuring cold metal touching his fingers. He grasped it, quickly pressing several of the keys. He fished it out, keeping it in his closed fist. “Now open your fist.” Chris did so, the Digivice resting in his open palm. Gasps were heard from behind him, swear words rose up from the crowd, followed by death threats. Chris couldn't believe his ears.

“What is the meaning of this? What happened to Hiroshi?” Chris shouted above the crowd.

“Why don't you take a look for yourself,” was all David whispered as he stepped to the side. Behind him lay the upper half of Hiroshi's body. It took all of Christopher's strength not to puke again. He slowly walked over to the body, covering his nose with his arm from the stench. It was easy to tell the body had once belonged to someone of Asian descent, but that was all. The face was disfigured, the skull caved in and claw marks ruining what was left of it. Christopher's arm dropped away as he saw what was causing all the ruckus. There, in the middle of Hiroshi's chest was a hole that went all the way through his body, out the other end. What was causing all the problems was the hole was shaped exactly like Chris's Digivice.

His mind went blank, his mouth closed. He didn't know what to say. He was dumbstruck. He couldn't make his mind work. He just stared at the hole. Several moments of complete silence passed as the crowd quietly watched to see what he would do.

“Well?” David said. “Would you like to explain how a hole the exact shape of your Digivice ended up through Hiroshi's chest!” Chris remained silent. He was no longer staring at the hole. His head was still tilted, but his gaze was sweeping the surrounding area, taking note of the where the nearest Digital Portals were. He already knew he wasn't walking away from this.

“I don't know.”

“What do you mean you don't know?” David's face turned red in anger.

“Come on, Compiomon,” Chris thought to himself. “We gotta leave.” He turned to face David, trying to remain calm in the face of overwhelming odds. There were around fifteen Digidestined in the immediate area, another twenty in the back. Not to mention every Digidestined had their partners with them, most being able to Digivolve to the Champion phase. “I mean I don't know. I didn't do this.” He continued to evaluate the scene, noticing a cliff a hundred yards to his right.

“That isn't good enough, Chris.” David took a step towards Chris, his Guilmon one step behind him. The entire crowd seemed to follow, Chris being forced to start backing towards the corpse below him. “No one else has a Digivice like yours, Chris. Who else could have done this?”

Maybe there was another survivor from the battle. Maybe a Digidestined with a similar one has been hiding this entire time. We don't know!” Chris was slowly inching to his side.

“Why would a Digidestined hide for all this time, only to come back and kill one of us?” David said it more as a statement then a fact. Chris was out of options. There would be no talking his way out, no convincing them to listen to reason. Christopher broke into a mad run, his feet carrying him as fast as he could towards the cliff. He just hoped Compiomon was nearby. Otherwise it was going to be a long way down. “Don't let him get away!” The sounds of feet rushing and attacks flying through the air tuned out Christopher's own breathing, his hair singeing from the flames that screamed by, the sudden cold blasts almost freezing his skin, the rocks and wind nearly knocking him off balance.

Halfway to the cliff, a lizard the size of a turkey leaped out of a nearby bush, the little Digimon suddenly keeping pace several yards away. They drew closer to the drop. “Compiomon Digivolve!” The little Digimon jumped into the air, his body taking on the familiar white light as he began to change.

“Compiomon Digivolve to...” Chris was at the end. He took a leap of faith, the attacks of the other Digimon still seeking their target. “Velocimon!” The winged raptor suddenly swooped under Chris, the tamer wrapping his arms around the Digimon's neck as the air was knocked out of him. The two began to gain speed, Velocimon using the air currents to help ease the burden. Chris took a few seconds to catch himself.

“Velocimon,” Chris gasped between breaths, “I swear, I didn't...”

“Of course you didn't,” Velocimon interrupted. “I wouldn't have picked you up if you had.”

“Listen they are going to be right behind us in a few moments. We need to get to the real world. It is too dangerous to stay here.” Chris's eyes grew wide. “Have you seen Danelle?”

“Yea,” the Digimon hissed, “she couldn't stand the sight or them accusing you, so she returned to the apartment.”

Chris was already planning what he would have to say to her. “Head for the nearest Digiportal.” Velocimon banked slightly, heading towards the jungle below them.

Chris was frantically packing his backpack with essentials, mostly food and water, but a map, money, his wallet, as well as well as his laptop. “Danelle, you have to listen to me. If you come with me, they will think you are involved. If I up and leave, they won't think twice about you.” When Chris had told his love of his plans to run, she had instantly wanted to join him. Not for a second did she believe he was guilty.

“But Chris, how will you get by? How will I get a hold of you?” She forced back a sob. Keep yourself together Danelle, crying isn't going to help.

“You won't be able to get a hold of me. If I bring a cellphone, they will be able to track me using the wireless signal. I'll call you whenever I get the chance.” Chris threw his phone into three plastic bags and tossed it into the toilet, flushing immediately. “That will by me some time.” He zipped his bag shut, going to the closet and pulling out a duffel bag. “Get in Compiomon.”

“Are you kidding? It is way too...” Compiomon's voice was muffled as Christopher forced the small Digimon into the bag. He looked back at Danelle. She stood before the window, her form darkened by the light streaming through. He walked forward, pulling her close as his lips locked with hers. They shared what could possibly be there last kiss, the seconds going by all too fast. Chris never wanted to stop kissing her, taking in her scent, holding her. He never wanted to let her go.

But he did. He broke the kiss and placed his hands on her cheeks. “Don't cry we will figure this out.” He placed a kiss upon her brow. “I won't give up. We'll see each other again.” He left her embrace, removed his hands from her face, and turned to leave. Danelle watched as he crossed the floor, knowing all to well that she may never see him again.

“Wait!” Chris turned, surprised to see Danelle digging through the drawers on their dresser. She pulled forth a small box, the kind meant for jewelery. “I was going to give this to you on our anniversary, but here.” She handed the box over. “Open it later. You don't have time now.” She blew him a kiss goodbye as he ran out the door. She steeled herself for what had to come. She had to pretend to agree with everyone. She would have to believe that Chris had killed Hiroshi. For his sake, and hers.

David gazed down the small crowd of Digidestined and their partners, totaling fourteen in all. The mansion's foyer was immense, easily able to hold ten times the number of people and Digimon that currently occupied it. What appeared to resemble marble pedestals stretched into the distance and upon each one stood an artfully crafted bust of a multitude of Digimon, the reasons why they were immortalized forgotten with time. Twin spiral staircases winded their way to the balcony David stood upon. “Fellow Digidestined and Partners, who you see beside you, in front and behind you. Those who stand around you, are all that are left of us. Five months ago, Christopher Lunen murdered our dear friend Hiroshi, and after that, team after team was killed, each Tamer bearing his mark.” Danelle watched with a grim face, trying to hold back the look of the disgust she would much rather be showing. “We have sent Digital Ambassadors into the real world to try and bring him back unharmed, but each that finds him, is killed!” The group yelled and screamed, their anger being heated by David's words. “But no longer will we send peace loving Digimon to do our dirty work! Meramon will be his last! Through research conducted by Guilmon and myself, we, my friends, have found a way to beat him.” Danelle was now all ears.

Compiomon and Christopher gazed at the gaping hole left from their room. “Well Compiomon, I don't think I'm getting a refund.” Chris turned around, seeing the rest of Meramon's data drift away on the breeze, a small sparkle of pink and blue. A few seconds more of being lost in thought, he heard the high pitch of sirens filling the streets. “Come on, guess we gotta find somewhere else to sleep.”

“Another motel?” Compiomon asked with a hint of disgust.

“Yep, and it looks like we are keeping to the side streets, seeing as I no longer have a bag to keep you in.”

“You don't see me complaining,” Compiomon growled under his breath. The two took off, trying to get as much distance between themselves and the mess behind them.