Join our server on Discord

Plastic Beach - Gorillaz
Their new album has only just been released, I've heard some of the stuff on it and it's pretty good, I personally recommend giving Rhinestone Eyes and Melancholy Hill a listen. Anyone else here interested in it?

http://gorillaz.com/g-player/audio/plastic-beach
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Totally bought this album. It is really good actually. It reminds me of the demon days album. But man when they name a song. THEY mean that name!
I saw the video for Stylo. A little creepy. Rest of the album should be good though.
(03-09-2010 02:22 PM)UnknownH Wrote: I saw the video for Stylo. A little creepy. Rest of the album should be good though.
What creeped you out exactly? the band's characters or the fact that Bruce Willis can perform kickass greenscreen drivebys?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I have always considered the Gorillaz a rather interesting enigma, an unusual entry into the music world. There are the obvious examples of course; I mean how seriously can you take an animated band that relies just as much on its back story as it does on actual music releases? And that’s where I’ve always managed to find a problem; I’ve no interest in a band/group that spends far too much time setting the scene when I’ve always found them lacking in the actual musical goods.
(03-10-2010 07:02 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: What creeped you out exactly? the band's characters or the fact that Bruce Willis can perform kickass greenscreen drivebys?
How the band was. 3D may not have worked well there.