Join our server on Discord

Third Person Action Games
Anyone know some decent third person action games for the PS2 in the same vein as Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry etc.

It doesn't matter what storyline it has, I just like the gameplay of third person action games.

Third person games I currently have are:
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Devil May Cry series
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Legacy of Kain series
Manhunt
Max Payne series
Metal Gear Solid series
Onimusha Warlords
Primal
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Resident Evil series
Silent Hill 2
Splinter Cell series
Tomb Raider series

So you get the idea of what I mean and what games I already own.
This should be in Video Game Central, not General Chat
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Moved it to Video Game Central.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Oh, there are so many games I could recommend for the PS2, though "action" is kind of a wild card term when it comes to games since it can blur with so many genres.

A couple of really nice Action/Adventure games with a 3rd person scope you should try are Psychonauts and Okami. Both are pretty fun games with unique styles with Psychonauts having an twisted, and humorous setting while Okami is designed like an awesome Japanese folktale/legend. I would get Psychonauts if you prefer a more platform based action game or Okami if you prefer something more like a Zelda game but with some light platforming.

If you're looking for just straight out brawling action though, you may be better off with the God of War series. You play as an angry bald dude who likes to hurt things, and really, isn't that what video games are truly about? (No, but they're fun.)

Hmmm, I also liked 007: Everything or Nothing if you want something with guns. It also have some nifty stealth portions to the game and gadgets. While it doesn't feel like the godly Goldeneye 64, it's still mighty fun.

If you want a sidescrolling action game, I highly recommend the Metal Slug Anthology for PS2. It's a lot of crazy, run and gun action much like Contra, but in my opinion even more fun. Plus, this collection gets you 7 seven games in one disk and they're highly replayable and make for awesome co-op experiences.

The Ratchet and Clank games and Sly Cooper games are decent Action games, though they feel kind of like rehashes of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. Good if you like those, bad if you don't. R&C is kind of a mix between action, platformer, and shooter. Sly Cooper tends to focus more on platforming and using special moves to defeat your foes. Oh, Ratchet can be an asshat at times just to warn you.

Finally, there's the obvious answer (though maybe you don't consider sandbox games the same as action), the Grand Theft Auto games. Try GTA: Vice City if you want a cool 80's themed game with good music and interesting characters, or GTA: San Andrea if you want a game with a massive world to play in and terrorize with some interesting characters as well (the music is bleh unfortunately). Or you know, you could play GTA3 if you want pain. Besides suffering from silent protagonist syndrome, the game is just kind of clunky compared to its predecessors and sometimes just plain brutal in difficulty. Still, it's not bad for an early PS2 game and it's still a fair sized game and the engine helped pave the way for the other two (and better) GTA games.

Eh, that's about it. I wouldn't really recommend the Crash Bandicoot games which just feel stale at this point. Haven't tried the new Spyro games, I only have the first three for the PS1.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions