Join our server on Discord

Diaboromon
Did Willis really "create" Diaboromon? From the film(US verison), I had based this on from the us ver.
Here.

http://digipedia.db-destiny.net/encyc/w.htm CTRL+F Willis

"Willis appears in “Digimon: The Movie.” He is mentioned by Izzy in the series, first in “Guardian Angel,” (his first actual mention, as that episode aired before the movie), and again in “Dramon Power.” His voice is supplied by Bob Glouberman.

Willis’s character and involvement in certain things was heavily altered for the American version of the show and movie. First and foremost, the portion of the movie in which he appears is supposed to be out of continuity with the series and movie – in the original versions, Willis did not know Izzy, and had absolutely nothing to do with Diaboromon whatsoever – the virus that infected Kokomon was a completely different one. To make Willis’s creation of a Digi-Egg seem more believable, the US version has him with a very high intellect. Thanks to these alterations, the timeframe is also changed – in the original version, Kokomon was taken away from Willis at the time of the Greymon/Parrotmon battle at Highton View Terrace, NOT after the Diaboromon battle."
UnknownH. From the fanfics I've read of Willis, they portray him as "creating" Diaboromon.
Quote:From the fanfics I've read of Willis, they portray him as "creating" Diaboromon.

Should look for the original version's source, not the subjetive, variable one :x

But. The Digimon Movie I saw had Diaboromon implied to be directly linked to one of Willis' digimon's death (Kokomon, I think). I don't remember a lot from it, but I don't recall Willis having superior intellect or him creating his digimon, he even was incredibly surprised at their appearance.

If I recall correctly, Diaboromon took over Kokomon after Omnimon kicked the former's ass, and that caused him to become a darkened Cherubimon- sorta. Dunno if Willis created Diaboromon, but they were reaaaaally linked in many conceivable ways.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(12-12-2009 01:48 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote:
Quote:From the fanfics I've read of Willis, they portray him as "creating" Diaboromon.

Should look for the original version's source, not the subjetive, variable one :x

But. The Digimon Movie I saw had Diaboromon implied to be directly linked to one of Willis' digimon's death (Kokomon, I think). I don't remember a lot from it, but I don't recall Willis having superior intellect or him creating his digimon, he even was incredibly surprised at their appearance.

If I recall correctly, Diaboromon took over Kokomon after Omnimon kicked the former's ass, and that caused him to become a darkened Cherubimon- sorta. Dunno if Willis created Diaboromon, but they were reaaaaally linked in many conceivable ways.

DragonMasterX. I've read several fanfics that have Willis as a character, they seem to constantly mentioned that he "created Diaboromon", though, I always thought it was an accurate describtion of him.
Ok. In English.

Willis never created Diablomon. It just attacked Kokomon.

That is what happened, that is the truth.
^ That. It goes according to what I saw.

Latino dubs aren't like North American ones, which is why the Japanese stuff Unknown explained goes along most of the stuff I recall.

Quote:DragonMasterX. I've read several fanfics that have Willis as a character, they seem to constantly mentioned that he "created Diaboromon", though, I always thought it was an accurate describtion of him.

Agreed. Fanfics are written by fans, though. They follow the concepts they conceive, since they aren't bound by any obligation of following either the English dub's or the Original's plotlines. That and fans who write fanfiction love to make use of convenient plot devices to fit 'em in their stories as needed! :3
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yeah. Just like I explained in the sexuality topic, anything we write in stories here is pretty much fake. Do you know how many yaoi fics we have here? A lot. And how many characters are that way? Technically two but that's dub only. And so, Don't trust fanfics.
Didn't Willis try to create a Digimon on his computer, so he could have a third? That Digimon was infected by a computer virus, who became Diaboromon. Then when Diaboromon was destroyed the virus took Kokomon.

I might be putting that together wrong, but I thought that's what happened.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Don't remember it being that way when I watched the movie here. Did see a lot of flashbacks with Kokomon crying and then smiling, though. They got in my nerves, so I guess that's all I can recall clearly.

Oh, and if you watched the US dubbed movie then I think what Unknown explained about Willis having an inexplicable I.Q. goes along with Willis creating stuff.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad