Join our server on Discord

Is Daisuke Gay?
I have always wondered about thisBlush In my personal opinion...he is!

Daisuke from the very get go was built as a typical "antihero" charecter into Digimon. Hes name reminds me bit of the boy in another Toei classic;Ginga Nagareboshi Gin, but thats pretty much where the connection ends.

Daisuke is an anti-hero charecter, who was created just for that reason alone! Unlike Taichi, Takato or Takuya, Daisuke is clearly not a "main hero" like charecter. He is always laughed at by everyone else, and most importantly he never gets the girl!

Despite hes first rather masculine apearance, Daisuke is the typical "anti-hero" in a Japanese cartoon. Im not sure why Toei didn't make Daisukes and Takerus Digimon fuse together, since that would have been so good, just like with Yamato and Taichi!

Yamato and Taichi always had a very complicated relationship, but with Takeru and Daisuke it's really a rather simple. Takeru just takes "hes" girls and Daisuke explodes about it! There is really only 1 episode where they are really made to work together(episode 7)and even there it's really pretty shallow.

Taichi and Yamato already had something going on, but it might have been simply a Japanese love-hate relationship, wich does somtimes imply a little romance as well. But i believe Daisuke is pretty much the first openly and clearly gay charecter in the Digimon universe. Later in Digimon Tamers we ofcourse have Kazu and Kenta, wich even in 1 episode actually kissed, so the "writing is on the wall" for that 1 But i still believe that Daisuke is actually the first openly gay charecter in the entire Digimon universe!

Daisuke first lives in total denial about the fact that hes really gay, by trying to hit on Hikari. I do not believe Toei would make him straight only to have Takeru steal the "girl of hes dreams" away from him. There has been a lot of speculation about the "official pairings" We will basicly know only with a 100% surdenty when Toei finally releases the "official Digimon bibble" later this year. Hower there have been surden "fanposter" published by Toei, such as this.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc285...igimon.jpg

What made things worse is ofcourse the fact that Digimon Adventure 02 was a total FLOP! The toy simply SUCKED! The Anime had several different directors screwing it up. A bit like a soup with atleast 3 or 5 different chefs...NOT GOOD:no:

Daisuke was made to ofcourse be Kens partner, but it was clear from the get go that they had something "romantic" together ever since episode 26

When i first saw Daisuke i thought he was as straight as a straight guy can get, but infact it was the entirely the opposite! Almost everything in Daisuke literally screams "GAY" The way he acts overmasculine and wears that furcoat. Tha bright, red hot SCREAMING colors on hes jacket! I must admit, he really is a sexy looking boy, and Exveemon really isn't that bad eitherBlushHeart I think Toei more or less made that on purpose toomrgreen

Daisuke is very much overmasculine and hes Digimon is also more then a bit overpowered. So having him as "Gay" charecters feels kind of "weird" The western image of gays is always weak and feminine, wich Daisuke really is not. He really is handsome, powerfull, proactive, as is hes Digimon! In pure looks and influence probobly 1 of the most stunnind guys Digimon has seen so far, and considering Digimons level both as an anime and a toy, thats a lot said!

The fact that Daisuke is gay is made rather clear in hes desperate but futile attempts to gain Hikaris attention. Daisuke has a desperate desire to hide the fact that hes gay, so he goes on a "super straight" mode to try to hide it. Culturally it was rather shocking to see such a "non gay" charecter clearly been portrated as gay

Im not sure do Daisuke and Ken really fit in as "partners" Kens darker "alter ego" The Digimon Emperor is over the top agressive and evil. The real Ken on the other hand is over the top feminine.

Digimon Adventure 02 as a season in many ways was set to faill from the beggining. It was basicly based on Bandais "need" to produce a fusion toy, where there really were no other new properties besides fusing Digimon together. It seems to have been made at a very tight schedule(both the toy and the anime) Toei made the mistake of having around 2 or 3 directors instead of just 1, meaning they argued about a bit more then just the schedule and budget. This all happened in the middle of the Dot.com bubble and "Digimon mania" in both Japan and the world! The result was ofcourse the hideous catastrophe known as Digimon Adventure 02

I think Toeis directors and staff atleast in part felt betrayed when they were basicly told to "kill" the older chosen children and replace them with younger once. Basicly the shows whole theme is, that once you turn around the age of 12-14 you become "too old" to be a chosen child anymore, so you need to be "replaced" by some 1 younger then you, wich became all too clear already in episode 1 Talk about age discrimination! Daisuke officially became the "leader" by inheriting Taichis googles, but Taichi was still kept around just to add even more confusion! The relationship between Daisuke and Takeru is hardly the same as with Taichi&Yamato. Basicly it's Takeru taking Daisukes girl, while he watches curses and screams, wich became all too clear already in the first episode. In this season tough Yamato and Sora hook up, wich was also a bit suspicious;)

Quite frankly something just wasn't "right" in this show. It was half made, half good, and had half of it as good ideas, but thats basicly where the fun stops!

Daisuke is not a "real hero" but more of a desparete filler charecter in the right sence of the word. He was made as a hero to a show, that was really going nowhere. Compared to the dramatic and well excecuted movie "Bokura No Wargame" this season just fell flat short of all expectations. Daisuke is basicly a "loser nobody" who is trying to saill it all through. The season is so bad, that especially towards the end it becomes all too clear, that it has no real purpose besides literally KILLING the original Adventure saga! This may have been done on purpose to make room for Tamers, Frontier and Savers, and even leaving the room open that Digimon may 1 day return with a "Digimon Adventure 03" and maybe even having the fusion theme redone.

Many of the ideas at this part of Digimon(such as having the Digimon Adventure in the internet, as in the movie "Bokura No Wargame") are beyond excelent, and this also includes the Digimon Movie where the kids go America, wich hower was very poorly executed. The ideas for the anime are right, but the time is not right yet.

Daisuke is a charecter who very succesfully repusents the entire Digimon Adventure 02 saga. He is cool, handsome, but very unsure of himsef and of where he is going and what exactly he is doing? In the second last episode of Digimon Adventure 02 Daisuke openly admits, that unlike the other children, he has no personal desires at all, but is most of all happy as he is. Not a single dream about Hikari for BerialVandemon to manipulate him with. If that doesent proof the boy is sterile, then what doeslol?

Daisuke hunting of Hikari is simply an act, and after episode 30 he simply drops it completely. Ken is the only 1 who can really make hes heart pumping, wich becomes all too clear at episode 26 There are several hints of Daisuke and Ken being more then just "friends"

To make a long story short;Daisuke simply lacks the "leading charms" of either Taichi, Takato, Takuya and Masaru. He doesent lead anyone or anything besides hes Digimon parthner V-mon. Takeru is a muh more natural leader of the group, and compared to Takato Daisuke is totally insignificant. It is Takeru he punches the "lights out" of the Digimon emperor in the end, and no matter how "onwerpowered" Daisukes Magnamon would have gotten crushed like a tit without Wormons help. While he is handsome and cool, he is no leader!

In the 25-years after epilogue, Daisuke marries some unknown girl, and has a total clone for a child. Infact Daisuke and Taichi are pretty much the only charecters without any know pairs. Just clones for kids!

Daisuke is many ways is not the typical "gay" charecters whay you would expect. In Digimon Tamers Kazu and Kenta hardly seem "gay" either at the beggining. The western concept of gay is basicly somebody over the top feminine transvestie with Aids. This doesent seem to be the case in Japan. The other anime couple who i strongly believe are gay would be Goten and Trunks, tough im not a big fan on DBZ. There simply such a couple wich you really cant deny!

In my personal opinion Daisuke is probobly the most handsomest guy in the Digimon universe. Hower he and Takeru do not have a typical "hate&lover" affair like Yamato and Taichi. It would have been very interesting to see the fusion between him and Takerus digimon, but the show went as it did, and it's too late to do anything about it now. Quite frankly Yamato and Taichi also had a very interesting "hate&love relationship" but having an "innocent" youthfull romance is still a long way off from actually calling some 1 GAY! In the case of Daisuke hower the hints are pretty obvious. And quite frankly, Exveemon is probobly the most sexiest Digimon out thereBlushHeart

Thats just my perverted 2-cents! I was hoping of seeing the old Digimon gand and ofcourse Daisuke back in a 10:th anniversary Anime or OVA, but that obviesly isn't going to happen. In my personal opinion Digimon Adventure 02 should be remade with the tech we have in use today. I was basicly thinking of a PC game where the game could also be stored and played on advanced 3G and 4G mobile phones, with fusion again being the main theme. Digimon could enter a "Netevolution" mode where they would not fuse(at first)but rather SHARE data based on the concepts of filesharing. This evolutionline would be above Burst mode evolution, and would be the main theme in the new season. And as the Digimo fuse in flesh, there human partners would also have to fuse in spirit, so this would be somewhat similar to Ken&Daisuke, but i was thinking a bit more intimate "hate&love relationship like Yamato and Taichi had. Anyway, thats just my perverted-2cents, but Bandai simply lacks the BALLS to do this, so instead they give us a DS-game where the Digimon simply lose there ability to evolve, and you have to train them to get it back. How originalRolleyes

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/lis...gimon_lost

It is perhaps somewhat fitting that the shows name is "Lost evolution" since Bandai definetly has lost the ability to "evolve" the franchais furder! It was somewhat fitting that both the 10th anniversary of Digimon(as both a toy and anime)and the 30th anniversary of Gundam passed without ANYTHING new from Bandai. Now they are thorowing us come old cookies from the table with Gumdam Unicorn and Digimons "lost" evolution. Basicly;there out of juice, and i very much doubt theres gonna be a Toei Anime for this trash!

In my personal opinion Daisuke was the sexiest charecter the Digimon universe ever had, but he was at the wrong place at the wrong time! The entire show was simply a total catastrophy! It should be remade, but Bandai has neither he resources or the will to play around with Digimon anymore. Or rather since they have no new ideas, they have no future, and there fusion with Namco only assured them a place at recyloning there old ideas in Nintendos and Sonys concoles, with they apear to be still doing so far. Such a shame considering the still awesome potential Toei would have had for another show!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ann-tv/2008-05-26

http://www.mefeedia.com/video/26280778

But in our fanfics Daisuke will keep on living foreverAngelHeart
Er...I don't see anything bad about Adventure 02. The plot was great, imo, until episode 30 or so, when it just started turning into single-episode-ish plots for a while.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Season 2 weirded the hell out of me...i mean, sure it was good for kids who always wanted an Exveemon in the bathroom fighting monsters or saving christmas all around the world but besides that it was one of my least favourite seasons.

Daisuke wasn't so much gay as annoying really...annoying, camp and altogether not that bright. I always thought that the writers of the show made the idiots the leader just so the others could excercise their rebellious ambitions.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I appologize in advance, I am not very good with the japanese names, so I will be using the english ones.

According to the interview with one of the character designers from season 1, Tentomon and Izzy were written as a gay couple. Which, of course, would make Izzy the first gay character, with Tentomon being a close second. Izzy even admits his love for Tentomon in the final episode of the first season.

I would say that Davis could easily be bisexual, as could Ken. (Though the fact that the latter marries Yolei makes that somewhat unlikely.)

I've often imagined a close relationship between Tai and Matt. But I see them as being "on the downlow" as they say. (Meaning that they maintain a relationship with the opposite sex, outside of their secret love affair)

But back to Davis for a moment. While his obsession with Kari could be seen as overcompensating in an attempt to cover up his homosexuality, I believe it is simply a product of a crush, and one too many soccer balls to the head. Although the way they descride the sensation the human partner feels during Dna digivolution does imply at the very least, some kind of physical attraction.

Of course.. Sarita thinks that Yolei and Mimi have a sexual component to their friendship. Which, while I admit that it could happen, she explained using psychology instead of actual evidence. And I really hate psychology.
"You are such a smartass."
"Objectively I am very smart, although it has nothing to do with my ass."
Wow. A well thought out and detailed explanation. You put a lot of thought into this. I'll say yeah I think he is.
The American version, Davis, was probably one of the straightest of any DigiDestined males. I don't think he diverged that much from Daisuke to not say the same of him. I can go into my own detailed explanation, but I don't feel like it right now.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
God im a pervertTwisted Well anyway, the whole season was all weird anyway. It was the only season wich i could really consider "bad" of them all. I think Digimon Adventure 02 as an anime was really about trying new trends perhaps for the future.

This was very much a "show for blonds" where Daisuke is made a laughing stock by Takeru and Yamato hooks up with Sora. I think the directors just wanted to kill off the Adventure saga, since Tamers and Frontier were already in the oven. That was really it! The show has the move onmrgreen

In all too many ways the show made no sense. The fusions were ugly and badly executed. The directors decidet not to fuse Takerus and Daisukes Digimon, wich was the only thing that would have made any sense at all. Also Ken+Iori would have been nice, but well...it's all over now. The plastic toy had only 1 new property, that is the fusion, so it pretty much sucked too:( This season made no sense, party because it didn't need to! When you have 1 successful season already behind you and 2 infron of you, you can probobly afford to "mess around" a bit, and i believe thats exactly what happened. The narrator just and the ending of show says something like;"Now it's time for you to create your own Digital World!" Basicly this season was never really ment to make any sense at all. Tamers and Frontier were already on there way! Savers after that, and maybe even more! The Adventure universe had to die, since there was no point in trying to "Marrie" the old Adventure kids with future digivices. They woulnd't be trying the concept of fusion probobly ever again anyway!

The entire "Digimon Adventure 02" was very much a "Non canon" show, and so were the movies, or atleats the movie where they go to America. They just made Daisuke an idiot on purpose. Whats the purpose of making a fantastic show, if your going to kill all the Adventure charecters anyway:-/?

Today the concept of fusion could be tried again in a Digimon computer game, but Bandai doesent want to try either computer or Cellphone games. Neither Digimon or Gundam seem to be going anywhere right now, and there the best brands Bandai ever had! I dont believe well see Daisuke ever again. He was purposely made to be a jerk from the start! But then again, NOTHING else in that show made any sense anywayShocked In my personal opinion, the entire "Digimon Adventure 02" was uncannon! There were many good ideas in that show, that could be developed furder in time, but Bandai has no interest, so i doubt Toei will be getting a second change. Anyway people, the official pairings should be annouced in the Digimon Bibble, wich should hopely already be online before the years end. Who knows what well find outlolTwisted?
Well, put simply, No one likes the ending of 02. We shouldn't speak of it again.
Davis, Could obviously be the straightest character ever. Or the Seme as in top or pitcher. Ken however, is not hugely manly or uke/bottom at all. The Digimon Emperor however, could be either easy. Just depends on who his bitch is.

Yolei and Mimi, While most of us might like to think that, no, it's just funny. Like a lesser version of Soi Fon/Yoruichi on Bleach.

Tai/Matt, Also easy friends being taken as gay for fun and arousal. Depending.
I doubt they had such a good friendship after X-mas but again, no one likes to talk about that.

Kazu and Kenta? Maybe. Totally gay for Ryo though. Kazu more then Kenta maybe. US dub Ryo is a dink.

Anyone else anyone want me to explain or should I put my labcoat back on the hook.
I just noticed that Takeru and Daisuke never had a single fight, unlike with Yamato and Taichi, who really went GRAPPING for each other in more ways then oneBlush And because the 2 could never have a fight, they coulnd't really make up either. It was really like a "im just taking your girl so back off!" short of thing.

In my personal opinion Daisuke as a charecter was set to faill from day 1 Toei didn't like to "kill" the original Adventure charecters just because they got a little aged, but they had no choise. I think they never really wanted a Daisuke like "hero" charecter. I know they were atleast a little influenced by the manga, but Digimon is 1 of the greatest animes, since they could do it so independently without following the manga to the letter(as in One Piece)

Taichi was a really nice charecter, who could develop and grow both physicly and mentally over time. He was great in "Bokura no Wargame" Daisuke was something they threw in there for there little "fusion sceme" and thats just it!

As for Kazu and Kenta...i mean, how obvios do you want it? They already kissed! Should they be getting married for it to be "official" lol
(10-19-2009 02:27 AM)Rational passion Wrote: According to the interview with one of the character designers from season 1, Tentomon and Izzy were written as a gay couple. Which, of course, would make Izzy the first gay character, with Tentomon being a close second. Izzy even admits his love for Tentomon in the final episode of the first season.
I had my suspicions of Izzy myself, but seeing as i've never watched Season 1 i was in no place to make assumptions like that...my reasons for him being homosexual were more based on the fact that he's always using a computer and i don't remember seeing him have affections for any females, even at the *ahem* 'end' of season 2. I didn't read or hear anything about Izzy being in love with his insectoid buddy.

Also, Kazu and Kenta kissed? I remember that...urgh...mentally and audiably disturbing bath scene they had in Jijimon and Babamon's house and the constant grovelling to Captain Ryo Akiyama of the USS Ostentatiousness but kissing i do not remember.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds