Join our server on Discord

Windows media player.
Okay, here's my problem.

I recently upgraded my computer's motherboard to a pentium 4 (1.5 ghz) processor. I am running windows ME. (I know, it sucks, but it was free, and it works for the most part) with Windows media player 9. Due to using an older version of windows, I can't update to a new version of media player.

On to the real problem.. Since upgrading, media player plays songs faster than it should.. And I don't know how to fix it.

I've attempted to discover a solution on my own.. but the only solution anyone talks about is using a function found only in version 10 and up, where you can adjust the playspeed using an internal enhancement.

Is there a way to fix this in version 9? And if so, how do I do it?
If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed.
If I do remember correctly, there should be some "Effects" thing in one of the upper-left-hand menus. It shows a bar on the bottom of WMP, and a couple arrows. Use the arrows and you should be able to get to something that allows you to change the speed at which the music is played.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
And that's the solution I was talking about.. That only works with Windows XP versions.. Is there a plugin or something that would allow me to do that on windows ME?
(10-18-2009 11:49 AM)Sarita Wrote: And that's the solution I was talking about.. That only works with Windows XP versions.. Is there a plugin or something that would allow me to do that on windows ME?

I recommend downloading a different player. Buts that just me.
In the process of doing just that. Thanks to a friend on Well of souls for providing a link ^.^
Yeah, iTunes or VCL will work just fine.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Even winamp does a great job
Lol.. Apparently I should be asking Zach for help before searching the internet every time I have a computer issue.. He told me to download an updated driver for my sound card.. and that fixed it in less than a minute..

Anyway, thanks for trying to help everyone. You can close the thread now.