Join our server on Discord

Super Mario has died.
Captain Lou Albano died of natural causes at the age of 76. This shocked me to the point that I'm going to put all my projects on hiatus. Things just stopped being funny. If history with the deaths of famous people has proven things correct, I think we'll get the Super Mario Brothers show back though that's not very comforting.

[youtube]46V5-zQbtL8&feature=related[/youtube]

R.I.P, the only true Super Mario in my heart

Yahoo didn't even tell this as news but milked death of Michael Jackson for over two weeks. I learnt this reading COMEDY SITE. Fuck you Yahoo news.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Holy crap I still remember that show. And the mario song, swing your arms from side to side, come on let's go do the mario.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(10-16-2009 02:23 AM)Shadowknight Wrote: Holy crap I still remember that show. And the mario song, swing your arms from side to side, come on let's go do the mario.

[youtube]65uNCLBTje0[/youtube]

Remove your hats and get off your seat. It's time to do the mario for the final time.

Also WWE has released the following statement.

Quote:World Wrestling Entertainment was saddened to learn of the passing of one of the company’s most popular and charismatic legends, “Captain Lou Albano.” WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Albano family.

“Captain Lou” was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 1996. He performed for WWE from 1983 to 1996. Albano began his storied career with Vincent J. McMahon in the 1960’s as one half of “The Sicilians” tag team with his partner, Tony Altimore. He will be greatly missed by the WWE and his fans.

For more on the Captain's career, visit his WWE Hall of Fame page by clicking here. [PHOTOS] [VIDEOS]

Wow, I never knew Mario was religious. :O

I do remember that show as well, my parents had recorded many, many VHS tapes of it for me and my brother...and then gave them away to charity because they were 'broken', yet I remember they worked fine.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Ah, I remember watching this show way back when along with those old Sonic cartoons. It was a bit silly, but it did convince me to beg for a SNES when I was a kid, so I have to give it major points for that.

Rest in peace, Lou.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
If I had to refer to him as someone, it'd be Ace Rimmer. "What a guy."

Will fondly be remembered, and since I grew up watching the cartoon ages back... argh, emotional. Rest in Peace, Captain.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(10-16-2009 06:45 AM)Kyosan Wrote: If I had to refer to him as someone, it'd be Ace Rimmer. "What a guy."

As he himself would always say "Often imitated, never duplicated."

It is horrible that dear old Cap. Lou died. He was a really well know guy to some. a Wrestler as well as the guy who play Mario. Sad thing.
I didn't know him as a wrestler much, but I loved the shows Lou did on the Super Mario Brothers Super Show. Still have Vol.1 of it in my collection.

I used to watch that show a lot as a kid when I first got into video games. I thought it was really cool that Mario was real back then lol.

Rest in peace Lou, the one and only true, Super Mario. *Removes helm, bows*
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
(10-16-2009 01:13 PM)UnknownH Wrote: It is horrible that dear old Cap. Lou died. He was a really well know guy to some. a Wrestler as well as the guy who play Mario. Sad thing.

Cap. was famous from many things, including appearing on music videos and cartoons. As I say on Give Me Beer "Sad day in mushroom kingdom"