Join our server on Discord

Perfect Dark Zero: a review
I've just gotten this game on the xbox, its fairly old but i think it deserves some attention.

Plot
Okay, so although i hadn't played the original perfect dark (which shared the same game engine as Goldeneye 64), this game is a prequal to the older game so i can't go too wrong. The plot basically is that big coorperations control pretty much everything and are battling each other to gain total control. You're a sexy spygirl called Joanna Dark who's mission is to take down this behemoth of corperate corruption and conspiracy. That said, lets get on into the game and have our first impressions!

First Impressions
Before we begin playing, we watch the opening movie to the game; doesn't really explain much but it's pretty decent eyecandy, like Rare put alot of effort into their visuals. Even the collecter's edition case comes a nice cover sleeve and a metal case with a bonus cd included. However, the budget does show when you start playing. It has improved since the 64, but unlike the james bond series it hasn't improved that much. For further details see the next section

Gameplay - The good bits and bad bits

Good
- Variety of weapons
- Visuals
- Mission variety, you're not just shooting stuff you know.

Bad
-Visuals over Gameplay syndrome, includes controls and clarity of missions
- Supposedly flawed linking with the original game (This was the opinion of a friend, i haven't played the first)

Overall
A good game, but Rare should really consider using a more user-friendly gameplay system; Call of Duty 4's game engine would've been great, sadly COD4 came out two years after the release of Perfect Dark. They should've also made the objectives a little clearer, like giving descriptions to targets i.e "Use the AudioScope to identify Enforcers (These usually carry shotguns)".

It's rather cheap now too, but i wouldn't really recommend it if you haven't played the first one.

Hoping this has proven of some use to people

- GMSG.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Really perfect review for this awesome game, I thought this game was terrible. This was one of the first 360 games I got. Parts of this game were not even finished. And the graphics were decent for the time it came out, but the actual game-play and overall feel just doesn't compare to the N64 title. This one comes across as cheesy and over the top in my opinion.
I've never played this myself, so I can't really comment on it. Loved the original though and even got the HD remake on the 360 Arcade.

Oh, and please refrain from posting in threads where the last post is over three months old. Make a new thread if you want to discuss this game. Thread locked.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions