Join our server on Discord

Ray and Masquerade's RP (The Struggle)
Masquerade grimaced as Nothus wrapped his arm around Alex's shoulders and rubbed one of his hands vigorously on the noble's hair, making a complete mess of his fur. "Hey, it's no problem!" he exclaimed. "Sleeping at this place is impossible anyways, especially since I have to share the place with a crazy baker." The feathered serpent looked to Masquerade. "So, I get to go right?"

The baker frowned. "I was serious, Nothus. You can't go. You didn't get an invitation. You'll just have to watch from the rooftops as usual."

Nothus sighed and stopped messing up Alex's fur. "So, I am once again rejected. They only realize the magnificent talents of the baker, but fail to see that every good baker needs a good assistant. And here I am! Yet, I am still offered no invitation. Oh well. Have fun at that fanciful party and keep me in your memories. Know that I shall be watching you from above...on...the rooftops," he concluded theatrically.

Masquerade slapped his palm to his face. "Well, Alex. What do you think of my crazy assistant?"
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
"Heehee!" Alex chuckled as the feathered hybrid ruffled the top of his head, making a mess of the tuft of fur he had there, his ears feeling hot. It hurt a little, but it was also fun and felt good. It was because he was laughing that his butler didn't react. "Oh that's too bad, you didn't get an invitation?" The dingo asked thoughtfully. "Why don't you accompany me as my guest? I'm allowed several, I didn't really have many to invite, but I'm certain Reynard would be bored there by himself, won't you, Reynard?" The dingo smiled at his butler cheerfully.

His butler smiled back at him stiffly. He went everywhere his master went, and made sure he was taken care of. He had practically raised the young dingo from birth, along with his governess, and was quite attached to him.

"There we go, you can be my guest! I'd love for you to be there, uhm... I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name!" Alex chuckled lightly. "I like him, he's dramatic, and quite fun." He replied.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Nothus didn't remove his arm from around the young noble's shoulders. "You'd really consider me to become your guest to the party?" He wiped away a fake tear. "I'm touched, er, Alex, right? My name is Nothus Viper and I think I just found a new friend." Nothus flicked his tongue at Masquerade.

The baker ignored his assistant, his face a portrait of concern. The sunrise made no bearing of importance upon the situation, the golden light fighting to take the expansive sky back from the darkest night. "Are you sure about this, Alex? He can be quite a handful. Trust me. I live with the freak."

"Do you hear this supposedly modest baker?" Nothus retorted, whispering in Alex's ear. "I think you've made the right decision."

The OCA
"Why, certainly, sir Nothus!" Alex smiled at him lightly. "Oh really? That's wonderful, I've made two new friends in one day!" He chuckled. "Oh I'm certain Nothus won't be any trouble at all, and even if he was a handful, you'll be there too, won't you?" He winked at Masquerade. "And yes... also, you look like a very strong person, quite the opposite of me really... I'd feel safer with you around. I've been receiving death threats lately, and its quite stressful... knowing I have two more friends around me I could trust makes me feel... safer." He sighed weakly.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Masquerade became alarmed. "Wait. Did you say death threats? Who in the world would send you death threats? You're just a composer, right? I mean, I know you're a noble, too, but it's not everyday that death threats are sent to important people. One would think the knights would be all over something like that."

Nothus broke out in a chuckle with a few hissing sounds thrown in. "You should know this better than anyone, Masquerade. Those good-for-nothing knights aren't going to lift a finger for anyone--whether they be commoners or nobles. And it really is such a shame, isn't it Alex? Don't worry. I'll be around to protect you." Nothus pulled Alex in a hug, his arms wrapped around the noble, shielding his back. The serpent drew close to his ear. "I want to see anyone try and carry out those death threats while I'm around," he whispered into Alex's ear, his serpentine tongue flitting gently inside.

The OCA
"The knights would do nothing about it, especially if they're being payed to ignore us." Alex explained. "I've already reported several of the threats, only the letters to never return. The Kaiser family is quite influential, we've always been in good terms with the kings of Dalmaschior... but this makes us a target for other nobles who wish to take our place in his majesty's good graces." The dingo sighed wearily. "Since my parents' deaths, my grandfather, Vanderhann Kaiser, has taken the title of Head of the Kaiser Family once more."

"Grandfather is quite old, and like me, sickly. So as the legitimate successor and Heir, I have to take up his responsibilities when he can no longer perform them." Alex continued, rubbing his paws together to warm them. "However... if I were to meet the same tragic fate as my parents, then the family would have no successor, and the others need only wait for my grandfather's health to diminish before the Kaiser family falls and becomes no more. This is why I get death threats... if I do not leave my home."

The dingo blushed lightly but beamed as he heard Nothus' words. He felt quite safe in the hybrid's strong arms, quite stable and warm. He was never hugged by his family, only coached and pushed to excel. "Thank you Nothus, I'm very grateful to have found a friend in you."
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Nothus smiled and released him, then gestured towards Masquerade. "Well, I'm glad someone has," he said sharply. "My baker pal over there never appreciates my loyalty to him." The serpent wiped a fake tear from his eye.

Masquerade wanted to scowl and stay serious, but he couldn't help it. He laughed. "You are hysterical, Nothus," the baker managed to say between laughs. "I appreciate your friendship very much and I apologize for not saying it sooner," he said in a mock-serious tone, bowing slightly to add emphasis.

Nothus took Alex's hand in his and hissed. "Oh, you keep toying with me, baker," he spoke threateningly. "I will make certain that those jests come back to bite you."

"And I will make certain to sleep with one eye open," Masquerade responded. He looked up into the sky, a canvas of light and dark colors mixing together in fascinating ways, a result of the the sun's crusade against the night. "You said you had something to pick up, is that correct, Alex? I won't keep you any longer. Plus, I do not know how much longer I can stand this creature." He pointed wearily to his assistant. "Actually, I feel a lot less worried about you since you are taking Nothus along. He is more than just entertaining...he's powerful. And I will have to do some investigating about these families who wish to take down your own. I know for a fact that being on King Albert's good side is worth more than any amount of gold on this planet, seeing as how it guarantees that you will continue to live." The baker's face became solemn. "I hope you stay safe, and your grandfather shall remain in my thoughts."

The OCA
"Oh I'm certain Masquerade cherishes your friendship! After all, you make the best pastries in town, that's my opinion at least, no other bakery rivals yours. And... it tastes as if you both get along splendidly." Alex said cheerfully, chuckling as Nothus took his paw again. "What a fascinating relationship you both share! Forgive my amusement." He bowed his head lightly.

OOC:

Yes, YES, fill Alex's eclairs with semen.

IC:

"Oh my, how time flies when you're with friends." The dingo sighed, producing a pocket watch from his coat pocket to check the time before hiding it again. "I will believe that wholeheartedly, if based on appearance and sturdiness alone," Alex playfully patted the hybrid's chest with his paw, "he seems like he's extremely powerful already. I put my entire trust in you, Nothus. And thank you once more for the company and the cakes, Masquerade. You have my and my servants' deepest gratitude." He nodded humbly, and Reynard, the butler, opened the carriage for him.

"Oh its okay Reynard, the forge is merely at the end of the street. The walk will do me me good." Alex reasoned with the middle-aged fox.

Reynard looked less than pleased. "But young master Alexander, the streets are much too unsafe for someone of your caliber to be traversing with only this ruffian with you." He indicated at Nothus.

"Sir Nothus is no ruffian, Reynard, he's a new friend, someone I cannot help but trust." Alex said firmly. "I'll be safe with him, no doubt."

"Very well, young master." The fox sighed, closing the carriage door once more, falling into step alongside his master as Alex lead them to the smith's. "-But I shall accompany you just the same." He added with finality in his tone, to which Alex did not object. In reality, the fox was jealous that his master trusted someone like Nothus so easily, when a still perfectly capable and reliable servant such as himself was still around.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Masquerade waved goodbye and entered the bakery, closing the door behind him. The man Nothus had rescued earlier was still sleeping peacefully in the chair. I'll take him home on my way to the party, the baker thought as he looked at the nearly completed cake. He sighed. "A baker's work is never done."

Nothus chuckled coolly. "Yes, I am certainly no ruffian. Not only am I the assistant of a baker, but I also save lives," he spoke seriously. "And I do a lot better job of it than those accursed knights."
He shrugged his shoulders. "Nevertheless, I do not blame you for not trusting me, Reynard. After all, one never knows what I might do." The hybrid licked Alex's cheek slowly. His tone turned deathly sweet. "Oh, how I do love making new friends."

The sun was rising now in the distance, its golden light becoming more prominent against the darkness of the fleeing night. Nothus took in a deep breath of the lukewarm air of the dawn. "So, we're off to the forge, eh, Alex? Lead the way, furry friend." He smiled disarmingly.

The OCA
OOC: Gosh, I'm sorry its been so long! Do you still want to continue? Because I'd be glad to! Or do you feel like starting a new RP?
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers