Join our server on Discord

XP problems...
I wasn't sure where to put this but I need help now, so I compromised with here.

Okay here's the deal everything on my computer is kicking up storm it is old but its always ran well before it had a few glitches, windows always has but its getting ridiculous.

My screen or Graphics card are shot to hell, pretty much anything that requires generating certain types of graphics, It shuts the screen off for about a second, recovers and then goes black again, eventually it freezes up and just stays like that, it only seems to be certain types,i can watch videos on youtube but if I try to even look at a file, not use if i bring up a file that can be run in my documents it happens, I can't run any full screen games either or movie maker, which is perfect as i have an IT and Graphics project that both require movie maker. I've had my brother have a look at it but he couldn't find anything so i was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem before and how did they solve it, in case its important my graphics card is old as hell its a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Owch. My advice is to test whether it is your monitor. Unplug your current screen, borrow someone elses and test that. If it's still no go, it's probably the Graphics card or another internal componant.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
It isn't the screen, we checked at first and I gave it some good maitenance as soon as I wrote the post so it must be the graphics card or maybe the hard drive, i can't think of what else could cause a problem.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions