Join our server on Discord

Poll: What's your taste?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I just want the sex parts
11.11%
1 11.11%
a story plotline is what makes it good
88.89%
8 88.89%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which is prefered?
I've been viewing various parts of lemons here and there. Some are very well written,while others are nothing but sex scene,after sex scene.

I'm making this poll to see what the population thinks about this.
[Image: l_90d40c0886f1ff7326ef35ec917429141.jpg]

Trust us wizards,we stick by our chicks
I like good plots. The erotic scenes are merely treats that emphasize how well written they are!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
The question didn't seem to be particularly about lemons, so I was about to comment about the whole concept of taste, but let me tell you they are sour.

*Cricket chirping*

DMX: DAMN YOU TO HELL! Thought I had gotten rid of you! *Cocks shotgun and blows cricket up*

So anyway, when you read a lemon, you usually expect a sex scene either at the start, middle or end of the story. My preference is to wait until the climax of both the story and the scene, so to speak. A good plot which concentrates on the story keeps a reader clinging onto each word, and knowing there will be sex, some of them will be craving it more and more the longer the story is. Suspense kills, but it also attracts people, like anything unknown or at least, partially unknown.

Leave them hanging, and they'll kill you, but if you survive, and you write again, they'll read it too! <- Fact.

My suggestion is to write a healthily long (8min-20max, in Microsoft Word pages) short-story which has enough time to explain and characterize every protagonist and at the same time make the plot not only crystal-clear to the reader, but also entertaining. Season with suspense and top it with Sex, and you got a Good Lemon.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Yes,I do agree,but I have encountered a handful of poorly-wrote lemons with no storylines at all,with nothing but gratuious sex scenes. that were allowed to pass as a real lemon.
[Image: l_90d40c0886f1ff7326ef35ec917429141.jpg]

Trust us wizards,we stick by our chicks
I enjoy them with sustenance. A backstory before whatever happens, happens and thus makes sense. Lime's can be descriptive and awesome regardless. But I think its nice to have a story for both.....
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
(05-06-2009 12:18 AM)PrairieDuck Wrote: Yes,I do agree,but I have encountered a handful of poorly-wrote lemons with no storylines at all,with nothing but gratuious sex scenes. that were allowed to pass as a real lemon.

Well, with me pretty much the head of Lemons now, I can make sure that the Lemons become better in quality and quantity on this site. Rest assured :D
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Quote:Yes,I do agree,but I have encountered a handful of poorly-wrote lemons with no storylines at all,with nothing but gratuious sex scenes. that were allowed to pass as a real lemon.

That does not denote collective preference. It's merely showing you've been reading lemons that haven't been written properly, and it's induced by the very writer's own preference, but again, it's not an undivided liking.

Me for one, you can take the chance I'm a lazyass and decided not to ever again update my DaD's main site's web page, and look at my first lemons and see what a bulk in inspiration can do with a mediocre writer, and later reference to the Author of the Month's winner piece, and tell that most of the time if not always, I abide by my preference of building suspense until the dual climax.

In short, ignore Lost Requiem and go read my classics ;D
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
But why sit on past glory? Why not bring new meat to the table, Mar?

People are always gonna want to look for the newest stuff. That's how we'll get more people to the site: by generating new material.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Oh, I wasn't trying to focus on the exterior-attracting factor though. I was just making emphasis on how most if not every writer, when they start, send off major bulk that looks really bad, gramatically, aeshetically and structurarly, but if given the time, they can bloom and give off what you really want in a story, improving equally in every area.

I'll leave promotion to you, Mike!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(05-09-2009 11:25 PM)DragonMasterX Wrote: I'll leave promotion to you, Mike!

I'll have to give Mike a PRRRROMOTION! *sticks a badge on his chest*

I don't really care for either, as I'm one of the many who are infected with the tl;dr disease.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan