Join our server on Discord

FF Tactics: War of the Lions
OK. This game has been giving me nothing but hell since the very beginning, but somehow, through diligent training, I was able to make it pretty far. All the way to this castle to rescue Alma, as a matter of fact. Unfortunately, I got stuck on the roof when the Marquis and his two assassins attack. The goal is to defend Rapha, but get this. The Marquis attacks her with Doomed Aspirations, one assassin charms the main character successfully, and the third assassin (who is dual wielding) kills Rapha. Game over. All of this before ANY of my characters got to make an action. What the HELL? Does anyone have any ideas about how to get past this stage?
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
First off. You will need at least 2 archers. They will attack the high places. LEvel up there jobs to. Thats the best i can say for you.
It's not level...trust me. My characters are almost TWICE the level of the opposing characters. It's just that my characters are slower. Even if I had two archers, they wouldn't be able to get a single shot off because the Assassins would have killed the girl I was supposed to protect by then. The party I'm using has 2 Dragoons (who are actually faster than the assassins now, but take too long for jump attacks), 1 Geomancer (good ranged geomancy skills, and my fastest character), and a Holy Knight that is completely kick ass, but my slowest character.

So, I leveled up some more. My characters actually got to ACT! I got some attacks in before one Assassin used Suffocate on the main character (Instant KO) and the dual wielding assassin sliced down the girl I was supposed to protect once again. The main problem is that she doesn't RUN AWAY and there's no way to tell her to. She just marches up to the assassins like she wants to die. There's no beating this level...

The OCA
I'm sorry Masquerade, but your predicament is hilarious. I've been a witness first-hand and all I gotta say is that it sucks for you.
[Image: untitled.jpg]

I am a complete idiot who should LOG OUT when he leaves~!! XD
Heeeey! I remember beating this one on the old Final Fantasy Tactics!

The strategy i used was to unequip one of my party members of all their armour, that way, the assassins go for them instead, 'cause they're weaker. With the two chicks chasing someone other than Rafa, or whatever she's called, it's not much of a problem to take 'em out.

I have no idea if the AI would still work that way on the PSP version though.

Just do your best, 'kay?

all i ever wanted was the world.

You just have to get lucky. Rafa can be pretty suicidal in that match, though once I she did critically melee the Marquis for a ridiculous sum of damage and ended the fight in one turn.

Honestly, if you beat Wiegraf/Velius, then the Marquis and his two lackeys should be more of a test of patience than setup or skill.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Yeah, she IS suicidal....but I didn't know that the assassins would go for someone weaker than her. If that were true, my dragoons would have enough time to jump combo the Marquis and take him out easily. Thanx everyone =3

Also, does anyone know if you can Entice one of the assassins to join your party via an Orator?

The OCA
Nope, they count as story NPC's and are thus un-Invitable.

Also, you don't have to kill the Marquis to win. You just have to reduce either he or the Assassins to critical status without Rafa dying.

Excuse any potentially confusing terminology. I've only played the Playstation iteration of the game, and it's plagued with translation and localization issues.

From here on out, though, the game is pretty much your oyster. Ramza's Squire class gets a totally broken ability in Chapter Four and you get a ridiculously strong character 3/4 through the chapter. The only thing that will give you any trouble is Finath River.

Have fun at Finath River.

Please, let me know how Finath River went for you.

Haha...oh, Finath River. How unexpectedly impossible you are sometimes.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Senjuro, don't scare me like that....O.o You make it sound as if it's harder than the level I'm at right now, and if it is--well, I don't want to think about it.

Why, Senjuro? Why did you have to frighten me so? (Thanx for the help, by the way =3)

The OCA
I'm only posting because this is my favorite game of all time...
The level you're at now can easily be killed by a ninja with attack boost, he can easily weaken an assassin to low. (Make sure he has move +2) About finath, what makes it hard is it's about 10 chocobos that are all your level. The red chocobos one hit kill (basically), the black ones badly weaken, and the few yellow ones bone any damage you deal unless it's fatal instantly. (I would suggest using moves like mana shield/mana font on this mission)