Join our server on Discord

Project Z.E.R.A(revision)
All I can remember about the place I regained consciousness in was that it was extremely dark at first...and that I was in a tank full of water. As you could probably assume, I did not like water, if I had little to no room to move in any direction. I was 14 at the time, I certainly did not like the feel of ice-cold water on my body, and what happened was that the clothes I had been wearing before I was brought here materialized on me-through magic. Seeing as none of you were there, I had donned a white shirt, with a buckled jacket, and my pants were a dark gray. They also appeared to repel the water until it was a thin and pressured layer around the inside of the tank. The pressure grew until its structure could not hold any longer.

A painfully loud alarm sounded, but the many red flashing light revealed the area I was in to me. It was basically a dark blue warehouse where tons of tanks like my own were housed. I looked at my tank's remains, and a plate labeled "Z.E.R.A" was engraved in it. The other tanks definitely contained others, yet, there names were all normal, of course, I knew this was not my name, but if I ever needed to use a name, this would be it. The doors were on lock down, so I thought I may have a had a little extra time to find a way to find my info in their computer system. I found a computer that appeared to record the data in all the tanks, and was also used to open them or not. A few seconds of browsing the screen and I found the alarm switch, and turned it off.

Loud bangs were heard on the doors, and eventually, they gave way to whatever wanted entrance. By that time, I had just found information on me. I'll skip the boring stuff, like what 'package' I was, or my serial code, and explain to you guys the important details. It said I was born in Servania, which I now know uses a different calendar than humans, but if I must tell you, it is December 17th on your calendar. Anyway, the rest talks about me being used as a biological weapon, whose DNA was fused with 5-10% of the DNA of nearly every other commonly found race on the planet. Although, it said my main race was Dragon Panzer, which is apparentally a race that is primarily human with some draconic features, such as my eyes, fangs, wings and tail.

It appeared I was nearing towards something more interesting, but then I got snatched up by a huge creature. It looked like a bunch of patchwork, I couldn't believe it could function in such a deformed manner. I found out how to grow out my tail, and smashed it into the creature's legs. I finally got to looking around, and found at the end of the hallway that it was going to take me, some humans in lab coats were holding a remote. If they did that kind of shit to things as worthless and stupid as the thing I had just slayed, I had to wonder what the hell they would do to me. I started running through the complex, and met little resistance, other than a few lizard-like people with weird energy weapons. By now it was very clear that this was a weapons testing facility of some kind. Eventually, I reached the exit. My legs were sore, and I laid against the building. It was dusk, as people of several different races were going into their homes and retiring for the night. Fifteen or so minutes, and I began to feel a piercing pain in my left thigh. Apparentally I had been grazed by a plasma bolt emitted from those odd weapons. The wound was healing pretty fast, I was pretty pissed, then, I look at by blood, and it seemed to be charged with electricity. I used what little magic skills I had and locked the door I had left from permanently, using magic conducted with electricity.

I decided it was a good time to leave, as a particularly loud siren began to blow, possibly in response to my escape from the facility. I tried to leave the suburban town, but I ran into a barrier. I suffered from a concussion and blacked out. When I awoke, I was well outside the boundaries of the town I once was in, in fact, it was an unrecognizable speck in the distance. There blood all over my body, and I was honestly a little creeped out by that at the time. I got up, and decided to go back to the city, to see what happened.

Half a day or so of walking, and I was there. It was a pretty traumatizing site. Blood was spattered on buildings, the tall and ominous building I had escaped from was leveled. I was a teen at the time, so I must admit, I was crying, I know, I know, it's pathetic, but yes, I was crying over the loss of such a beautiful town, and those that had lived there. Through the debris and smoke, I saw someone in a black cloak. The person advanced towards me, I was curious as to who this person was, of course, but I did feel some fear. I blinked, and he vanished, I blinked again, and he was a foot away from me. The man(as his voice sounded like a man's) said to me, "Pretty bloody mess you made here kid.".

The stranger's voice sounded young, possibly in his 20s or early 30s, he began to speak again, "My name or profession is none of your concern, how do I know you'd ask that? Well, it's none of your business, frankly. Anyway, I have something for you, it is totally free.". The man handed to me two swords, one black, one white. "These weapon symbolize a balance your soul is currently in conflict with. Which is why it is difficult for you to channel certain magic energies. No matter what power your soul is dominated by, you, and only you will be able to use these weapons at their full potential.". My eyes began to dry out, and of course, after I blinked, he was gone, but the swords were still in my hands.

To this day I have wondered why he never gave me armor, not that I need it, but still, it is practical to always have armor on hand, no?
-----------------------------------------
Author's Note:I thought this was better than the actual introduction. I'm sure you'll agree.(if you read the intro, of course)
FDD swm 1dfrsw A C-- D-- H M- P R+++ T++++ W Z- sm S

Creative Minds
The OCA
After my encounter with that...weirdo, I moved on to a higher altitude area, I saw mountains in the distance, and so I went. It was pretty steady journey, no enemies, no nothin'. Then...if I had to guess, it was a warship coming through a dimensional field, but it may not have been. As the gigantic ship passed over me, I wondered how some cities could be that industrial without affecting the environment. I obviously lacked hiking gear, so the swords came in handy. I stabbed them into the mountain, and started scaling it, every time I found level ground, I took a small break.

Eventually, I made it pretty far up, but then, of course... avalanche. The storm of frozen water came down on me like a brick wall, and I got thrown off the mountain. I had about fifteen seconds to think, as I had made it pretty far up. I figured if the weird guy was right, I could channel my power into the swords, and at least lighten the fall using the brief shock wave magic seemed to create. I used my sword to fire a burst of magical energy, and it stopped my fall briefly, but I did it too early, and I knocked myself out. Figures.

When I woke up, I was sitting against a pillar in a golden hall. At first, I thought I was in heaven, but I was wrong, when my vision fully returned, I saw no angels, just two thrones. For some reason, only one was occupied, it was the King, apparentally. He wore the stereotypical clothing for a King, the crown and all, although, it seemed out of place on him....maybe it was all the alcohol grails lying around him? Anyway, he was still drunk, because he was speaking non-sense to me.

"Hello, Zera, I expect my son's body is working fine for you, even though you seemed to have abused it to some degree. As I see you're injured, and because you wouldn't wake up when I asked you to, you must've been knocked out. Tell me, who did this?"

I replied simply and clearly, so that the drunk bastard would understand. "No, this is my body, maybe you shouldn't drink so much before talking to visitors, eh? Second of all, I knocked myself out....well, an avalanche knocked me out, but no one caused it.".

The King let out a sigh of aggravation, I guess I was wrong, he wasn't drunk, just stressed about something, he told me I was an AI put into his son's head after a fatal accident at a school that taught magic. A student went overboard and made him a vegetable. The King decided to send me to the biological weapon company, 'X-Cell Corp' to be turned into a weapon for his kingdom.

I guess that means they let me out on purpose...dammit.

"We are in a time of great peril.", the King told me, although, I wasn't surprised, "We need you to help lead a portion of my army to fight someone who has learned both the Holy and Necromantic arts. Adopting a darker version of the paladin armor, and wielding the volatile abilities of a necromancer. Since they're a new kind of profession, we had to come up with a name for them, but on such short notice, we refer to them as Necro Paladins. So, what will you do?"

I told him I'd help, but only if I could live in the Castle, and be taught how to use a sword effectively, as well as use magic effectively. The King was surprised I had not known these things, but granted me the use of a room, and some of the best trainers in the Kingdom to help me with my faults.

One of them was a kid my age, which I found to be unbelievable. His hair was phoenix blonde, and what I mean by that is that it's really blonde on top of his hair, but the ends of his lowest head hair it is orange-red. The King told me this kid was able to use his optimistic attitude to channel his magic energy faster, and stronger than most other mages in the army, and could use rage to wield weapons with great precision. Unlike other magic i saw wearing robes, he simply wore a white shirt, white pants with gold sewed into them to make beautiful designs. Basically, he wore white and gold everything.

"Alright, well, you're gonna study this really boring book, write tons of notes, and next year, if you're fast enough, you can start practicing magic.", the kid handed me a 13,598 page book, and an equally thick and heavy book with blank pages. I looked at him like he was nuts. There was no possible way I good get all of this shit read in a year, not with my reading habits, besides, it looked like whoever wrote the damned book tried cramming as many words as they could just to agitate the reader's eyes. As I stood there, speechless, he started to laugh, "You know I'm kidding, right? That's just a reference book in case you ever wanna look up a specific magic. Just tell we what magics you wanna learn, and we can get started.".

Although I was relieved, I was a little pissed off, because I hate getting tricked. "How about we see how well you can fight?", I asked him, aggressively, of course. He smiled, and accepted.

I saw my sword were gone! Had they been taken or something? I looked around frantically, and my teacher was holding them in his hands.

"This is magic class.", he said, setting them down next to him. "I won't let you learn until you can take these from me. Using magic, of course.". He was making me feel like an idiot, I didn't know anything about magic except for the attacking type, so I just told him I'd come back tomorrow after I read the book. Then I walked to my weapons instructor, who, after seeing I didn't have my weapons, told me to come back tomorrow with them. On my way back to my room, the weird guy was back, his shoes making an echoing clack on the floor as he approached me.

The stranger stood in front of me, and told me if i had the time, go to the Castle's courtyard, and he would teach me an important technique that I should've learned how to do by now. When he told me this, he seemed a little pissed, and walked down the hall I had just came from. From there, I went to my room, and studied up on spells that could teleport objects from one place to another.
FDD swm 1dfrsw A C-- D-- H M- P R+++ T++++ W Z- sm S

Creative Minds
The OCA
It's a shame this stopped...