Join our server on Discord

Poll: ROM Hacking
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
You like it
71.43%
5 71.43%
You hate it
14.29%
1 14.29%
What is it?
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

ROM hacking
Well, I'm working on a Super Mario World ROM hack, it's a mix of easy and hard lvls, I will make it a demo after I get done the 3rd world.
[Image: 34snomc.png]

[Image: DarkChibimon.png]
Gabumon Loverz
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
(04-12-2009 05:01 PM)DarkChibimon Wrote: Well, I'm working on a Super Mario World ROM hack, it's a mix of easy and hard lvls, I will make it a demo after I get done the 3rd world.

Shit he is right on that, And holy fuck i had a hard time on this. Damn bullet bill stage >_< Ill still test it. But you have to catch me on a good day.
I somehow don't think he cares... usually the hacker also tests it, or has someone specific test it for him. (Beta Testers) Anyways, yeah, it's like FFT except a thousand times worse. FFT has like 3 stages in the game that you have to overtrain for, or you're downright fucked.
I like it. I haven't used too many, unless you count the translation patches, which can be considered hacks.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Q8ZF7R4

Here is my hacked SMW Rom, only hacked up to the end of the Vanilla Dome
[Image: 34snomc.png]

[Image: DarkChibimon.png]
Gabumon Loverz
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Lady Devimon's Minions
Creative Minds
(04-13-2009 09:35 AM)DarkChibimon Wrote: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Q8ZF7R4

Here is my hacked SMW Rom, only hacked up to the end of the Vanilla Dome

Oh me play first *regrets the bill stage*
Sorry for the DP. But yo chibs. On the path of death stage there is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG safe spot. You can fly over those plants.
TO be honest, the levels were not all that difficult.

I don't know what the Hell happened with the rest of you, but BUllet Bill Hell was very easy for me, even without Yoshi.

Most of the Levels are just large levels with not that much in between. There are also a bunch of glitches that pop up in the game.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
ALSO! Don't forget the ROM Hacks of Japanese games to make them English. (MOTHER, Final Fantasy 2/3 on NES, to name a couple.)
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I have a few ROMs on my computer. But only gameboy advanced, n64, DS, and all the older systems. The newer ones are hard to configure. Well not so much hard as a time waster.

By the way, angewoman's lover.....great sig lol. I love Warcraft. WoW FTW!
Rom hacking is pretty cool if you do it to the right stuff. Pokemon Shiny Gold is a magnificent upgrade from Fire Red even if thats a pretty cool game too in its own right, I would be pretty proud if I accomplished making that like the creator there did. Its a nice and well made thing, and somewhat attempts to substitute for the lack of a real gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORCdmx3m2o

I do have to say though the dialogue is somewhat horrible in comparison to its original form or even the first Gold, which wasn't that amazing for anything other than the gameplay itself. But other than that its quite the playable thing.