Join our server on Discord

The Geneva Convention?
This article made me laugh.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29417231/

To the uninitiated, this kid wanted to play Call of Duty: World at War, but his father first made him read the four Geneva Conventions, then agree to play by those rules.

It's a very interesting twist.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
VERY interesting indeed!
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Nothing wrong with a little bit of understanding history. Frankly, I think a lot of people would benefit from a good reading of the Geneva Convention, especially a certain part of it.

And I happily declare I ignored the Geneva Convention while playing the game.
(04-03-2009 08:40 AM)BigD Wrote: Nothing wrong with a little bit of understanding history. Frankly, I think a lot of people would benefit from a good reading of the Geneva Convention, especially a certain part of it.

I didn't say that reading the Geneva Conventions was wrong. It's actually a pretty good idea the father had.

And lemme guess... you're thinking about the part about POWs?
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
(04-03-2009 09:19 AM)Lost Requiem Wrote:
(04-03-2009 08:40 AM)BigD Wrote: Nothing wrong with a little bit of understanding history. Frankly, I think a lot of people would benefit from a good reading of the Geneva Convention, especially a certain part of it.

I didn't say that reading the Geneva Conventions was wrong. It's actually a pretty good idea the father had.

And lemme guess... you're thinking about the part about POWs?

Article 4.1.2 of the Third Geneva Convention. It seems to be the one part people don't want to acknowledge.