Join our server on Discord

Team Fortress 2
Who else here plays it? Post discussions, tactics, and whatnot related to Team Fortress 2 here.

My Steam name is Suzaku Evangeline, my favorite game type is Payload, and I use the Engineer, Demoman, and Pyro the most.

Well, I now have all the milestones for the currently class updates, so I have all the weapons. Here is what I'll have to say about them.

Pyro:

Backburner: It's a good ambushing weapon, with 100% chance of a critical hit if hit from behind, but it doesn't have a compression Blast. Personally, I don't use this, since I like to use compression blast to reflect grenades and rockets. That, and there's not a lot of times I can sneak up on someone from behind, especially when I'm on the offensive.

Flare gun: Unlike most of the updated weapons, this one's an original. Replacing the shotgun, the Flare gun shoots a single flare at the enemy, setting them ablaze. Like the sniper rifle, this needs to be reloaded after every shot, with an ammo pool of 16. I like this weapon because of its long range capability. While it will rarely actually kill the person it hits, it will cause them to panic and run off to find aid before they die from the burns. This is especially good for picking off snipers, since the gun has a surprisingly long range and high accuracy.

Ax-tinguisher: Basically, this weapon causes tremendous damage to people already lit, but causes weak damage to those who aren't. I carry it anyways, since I rarely use Melee unless I'm THAT low on ammo. It could be good for a pyro combo, someone to light up the enemy and the other to axe them.

Heavy

Natasha: Replacing Sasha, Natasha is a slightly quieter Gatling gun with a black drum and an ammo belt across the side. While only dealing 1/4 the normal damage, it also slows the enemy down to a crawl with each connecting hit, holding them in the line of fire and unable to move under cover. This is pretty good for suppressing enemy movement *Literally*.

Sandvich: The almighty sandvich. It removes the Heavy's alternate weapon for a Sandvich that restores 120 HP with each bite. However, it also leaves you completely vulnerable for 7 seconds, and the Heavy isn't exactly quiet about it. You can hear his "NOM NOM NOM OM NOM!" from quite a distance, which can alert a sharp ear to his presence. It's best used when there aren't any medics or Dispensers around, and you need a health boost before running back into battle. Not to mention that this Sandvich is everlasting; You will never run out!

KGB: The Killer Gloves of Boxing have a slightly slower attack speed *-20%* than the fists, but upon a successful kill with them gives the Heavy a 100% Critical chance. While a nice tradeoff, there simply isn't' enough time to pull out Sasha or Natasha, rev up the barrel and let loose while maintaining its effectiveness, so it's best used either with the Shotgun or going nuts and berserk charging every enemy nearby.

Medic:

Blutsauger: So you don't have to look it up, Blutsauger means "Blood Sucker" in German, which accurately describes this thing. This new Syringe Gun loses its ability to Critical, but restores 3 HP to the Medic with each connecting hit to the enemy. It's a decent tradeoff, since the Medic can just pick off enemies with the gun or kill that one rouge enemy who slipped past your defenses. After all, the Medic isn't supposed to be an assault unit.

KritzKreig: THis Medigun has an increased Ubercharge speed *25%* and instead of Ubering the ally, it gives them 8 seconds of 100% critical chance. I find this a bit useless, since most ubercharges are needed to take down sentries. This would be better combined with a Pyro to ambush an approaching group of enemies and tear through them all.

Ubersaw: THis is a great substitution for the Bonesaw. The Ubersaw has a 20% slower attack speed, but with each successful hit, gives 25% Uberchrge to the Medic. Meaning after 4 hits, the Medic is ready to activate his charge.

Scout:

The Sandman: This wooden baseball bat comes equipped with a baseball. The Scout hits the ball at the enemy, stunning them for a certain amount of time dependent on the distance the ball had to travel: The further the distance, the longer the stun period. What's more, this weapon works on UBERCHARGED ENEMIES, potentially halting what could have been a disaster. On the downside, this weapon also removes the double jump the scouts had over the rest of the team, but since it's so rarely needed it's a bit of an uneven trade in the Scout's favor. What's more, the ball cannot be restored unless you wait for another ball to be "Generated" by the Scout *What does he do? Does he pull them out of that sack he carries or does he sew a new one together himself?* or you shorten the time by picking up ammo boxes or running back to your gun Cabinet.

Force-a-Nature: This weapon is brutal, and has made the Scout a bit overpowered. It's essentially a Sawed off shotgun with only two shots, but an increased amount of power, increased amount of rounds per shot, and increased knockback. This is a great follow-up to the Sandman, and can easily take out a Heavy in the hands of a skilled player. Of course, this weapon can only really be used effectively against a singular person, as any shotgun would. That, and the reload time can seem like an eternity, even though it reloads both shells at once, but in the time it takes to reload two shells with the Scattergun.

Atomic BONK!: This energy drink removes the pistol, but it give the Scout 10 seconds of invulnurability and increased speed, but a 3 second slowdown after it ends. And, unlike the Sandvich, this only gets one use before you have to pick up another ammo box *What are energy drinks doing inside ammo boxes?*.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I wish I could play it, but my laptop's too crappy to play it at a decent framerate.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I'm going to get it for the 360

*boos and hisses from obnoxiously loud crowd*

hey, i'm not going to buy it so i can get shouted at by a preteen 10 year old on steam, i've got mic privacy on my 360 until i turn the magical 18!

Although i haven't ACTUALLY played it, it looks kinda fun. Like UT3 is, fun i think TF2 would be better because of it's lack of seriousness...besides, who doesn't want to clobber people with baseball bats and shout "BOINK!"?

Also, what are the unlockable milestone weapons for Demoman and the Sniper?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
The updates for the other classes hasn't come out yet. If they did, I would have posted them here, too.

There was a fake Spy Update some time ago that easily could have fooled anyone. It's a very good hoax, better than any Rick Roll a retarded preschooler could have thought up.

http://stashbox.org/145759/1214395963819.png

Just look at the copyright at the bottom of the screen.

The OCA
The "Gentlemen" Achievement makes it blatantly obvious. :P
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
That does look pretty good if you compare it to the heavy update.

Yes, just got it and ca't wait to play.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Aren't they making a new class for this game??
[Image: untitled.jpg]

I am a complete idiot who should LOG OUT when he leaves~!! XD
Originally, there was going to be a 10th class called The Civilian, but for gameplay reasons, they canceled it. I think the 9 current classes are good enough, especially since Valve expands on the classes with updates, which give a new twist to the gameplay.

Speaking of which, the next official class update is going to be the Sniper. They said on their blog it's pretty much completed for the PC, but it hasn't been released yet because of memory issues with the Xbox 360.

The OCA
Ok, now that the Sniper vs. Spy update has been out for a good two months now, it's time for me to evaluate the new equipment used by the two classes. First, I'll start off with the Sniper and his equipment.

The sniper's new item set is centered around three themes. The first is a change from sophisticated equipment to rather primitive and barbaric weaponry. The second is centered around countering the Spy and his tactics. And finally, the third is forcing the Sniper to come closer to the action, increasing the chance of pain, but rewarding him for doing so.

Huntsman: The Huntsman replaces the Sniper's rifle. Unlike the upgrades of the previous classes, this is an entirely new weapon, not a modified one. The HUntsman is a simple bow and arrow. It has no scope, and the arrow itself has to travel through space, albeit at high speed. Therefore, other players can see it and anticipate more coming at them. The strength of the arrow is determined by how long it's been drawn back, and, of course, where the target is hit. Headshots always deal a critical hit, and the bow works as a great fire and forget weapon, as you'll hear a loud piercing noise if you manage to hit your target, no matter how far away he is. The player holds down the fire button to draw back the arrow, and takes 1 second to fully charge. However, upon 5 seconds of drawback, the Sniper's hands will start to get jittery, and the accuracy of the shot will greatly decrease. To counter that, along with conserving the very limited ammo the sniper has at 12 reserve arrows, pressing the alt. fire button will cancel the shot. Enemies stuck with an arrow will continue to have it jutting from their body until they die, and enemies killed near a wall with the Huntsman will be stuck to the wall, similar to the crossbow's mechanics from Half life 2. Finally, friendly Pyros can light the arrow for you with their flamethrower, adding fire damage to the target when struck.

Grade: A+

The Huntsman is a fantastic new addition to the Sniper. It introduces a whole new playing style to the Sniper that works amazingly well.

Jarate: The Jar-based Karate. The weapon replaces the SMG, and is simply a jar of urine, created by the Sniper himself. You only get one shot with the Jarate, but after you throw it, you get refill in 15 seconds unless you run back to the gun cabinet. Ammo pickups do not increase the refill speed. It's thrown like a grenade followed by the Sniper shouting "JARATE!" "BOMBS AWAY!" or a few other quotes that can be heard by nearby enemies and allies alike. It has a range similar to the Demo's sticky an excellent splash radius (No pun intended), and any enemies hit with it will be saturated in a coat of warm pee. This includes enemy spies, who will have a dripping wet silhouette when cloaked. This weapon doesn't do any (physical) damage on its own, but it increases the damage done to the targets by 35%, indicated by a sound similar to glass cracking and a yellow "MINI CRIT!!" icon above the target's head. I believe this stacks with the normal "CRITICAL HIT!!!" for extra damage. Finally, the Jarate can also be used on allies to extinguish any fires they may have on them, including yourself, without the unpleasant humiliating effect it has on enemies

As rediculous as this weapon may sound, it is a brilliant support weapon, especially when combined with the Heavy. My only complaint right now is that you do not gain any points for extinguishing fires on your allies, but hopefully that changes in future patches.

Razorback: Also occupying the secondary slot, replacing Jarate and the SMG is the Razorback, which is passively used. The Razorback can be seen on the Sniper's back as a Tribal Shield wired to a car battery. It functions as a one-time safeguard against backstabs, disabling the Spy's knife for a few seconds and shattering the shield. the Sniper gains a new one when they respawn or visit the gun locker.

Grade: D

Just short of 3 As across the board, the Razorback is not that great of a support item. It takes away the secondary slot and doesn't function the anti-spy role as good as the Jarate. A smart Spy would shoot at the Sniper instead, usually killing him within a few shots, long before most Snipers would realize they're being shot at from behind.

The Spy's equipment is a mixed bag altered several times in the newer patches. The idea behind the Spy's equipment was to blend him in better amongst the enemy, along with maintaining that concealment. The Spy's play tactics was based around raw skill and some luck, which is what this new equipment is centered around.

Disguise Kit: The Spy's disguise kit has been altered in this game to give the player more information about what they look like to the enemy. The hud next to their health bar will display who they're disguised as, including their name, their health to the enemy, as well as the weapon they're currently holding.

The modifications to the disguise kit helps the Spy a lot, making it easier to predict who they are imitating, allowing a greater ease of access to current and future Spies alike.

The Ambassador: This high-class weapon replaces the standard revolver. Engraved with the image of the Scout's Mother, the Ambassador deals critical hits upon a headshot, but it is not enough to kill a fully healed anybody. It has very high initial accuracy with 0 spread, but after the first shot, the accuracy will decrease, not by a lot, but enough to make headshots very difficult. The reload is the same as the normal revolver, it has the same capacity, but the firing speed is similar to the shotgun, without the pumping involved.

Grade: C

The weapon isn't very good, but it's a stepup somewhat from the crappy revolver. It also looks a lot prettier, probably the coolest-looking weapon in the game yet.

Cloak and Dagger: The Cloak and Dagger is a new addition, replacing the current invisibility watch. This one gives the Spy unlimited cloak, provided they stay perfectly still, but once they start moving, the power starts to drain, lasting the same length of time the normal one does. Stopping will slowly regenerate the watch's power; picking up ammo crates will not regenerate power save for the gun locker. I also hear that moving with the cloak on will give away a silhouette to closeby enemies and allies.

Grade: B

The Cloak and Dagger is a tricky item to use. It's based on waiting and hoping an enemy Pyro doesn't come along and torch your ass. The regeneration time while cloaked is also rather slow, but it regenerates faster when uncloaked.

The Dead Ringer: The Dead Ringer is a stopwatch that activates upon the Spy being injured, even by fall damage, faking the Spy's death by generating a corpse on the ground and turning the real Spy invisible for 8 seconds or until they deactivate it. The Dead Ringer emits a loud static sound upon deactivation, alerting anybody nearby that you're not dead. Basically, it's a second chance at life. The Dead Ringer can be recharged by ammo boxes and the gun locker, but can't be activated again until fully charged. If an enemy kills the spy, it will also generate a fake kill reticule in the killbox in the upper right-hand corner for that player. The Spy also has to have the Dead Ringer out with the alt. fire button, and they can't attack while it's out. Of course, the enemy can't see that you have it equipped, so don't worry. The Dead Ringer also protects you from damage while cloaked, limiting damage to around 10%. Pyros again, are the crutch in this weapon. Ignited Spies will still be on fire even when cloaked, forcing them to run back to their side or face the killcam.

Grade: A-

This weapon isn't actually all that bad if you know how to handle it. Like the rest of the Spy, it also has a steep learning curve, so it's ill-advised to be used by a person inexperienced with the Spy.

The OCA
This topic has been out for a while so I figured I'd revive it with something cool I found yesterday.

Renambassador
[Image: bassaava.png]

Rena Ringer
[Image: ringava.png]

Renamon hud
[Image: renaava.png]

[Image: hudrena.png]
Gabumon Loverz
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army