Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do they exist?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yeah, okay i'll go with that.
40.00%
6 40.00%
No, how in hell could they exist
6.67%
1 6.67%
Maybe, could do...
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mythical creatures?
I was just wondering could they be real?

I mean after watching a werewolf movie it got me thinking, all around the world mythical animals are depicted in pictures all sorts, but how could two cultures they may of never met, ever all have a similar definition or pictured depiction of say a dragon or a werewolf.

A stain glass window in a church in wales somewhere depicts a dragon even the story of Saint George and the dragon have a 4 legged dragon, yet across the world say, east asia has a different type of dragon in myth and legend that is also on 4 legs but with smaller wings and look completely different but still around the same concept how do they come up with the same similar description thousands of miles apart.

Same with wolves how can the concepts of a man that is half wolf be created on opposite sides of the world without some sort of real trigger for it, like seeing and depicting it.

I don't know but it just seems unexplained but the evidence points to it existing even if the idea is completely insane.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
you've got a good point about Chinese culture and British culture thinking up the same generic concept of dragons even though they're way apart from each other, but i think there's three critera that can satisfy an answer to that.
1. Dragons did exist, but they were a dying race that became extinct

2. Like our modern mythical creatures, fictional stories have been produced regarding these E.G Twilight's vampires, Resident Evil's zombies or even Halo 3's Covenant races.

3. Coincidence.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
My Counter-statements:

1. People saw Komodos and got freaked out. Otherwise, someone must have torched a dinosaur in the caveman era and got the wrong idea.

2. They just saw a sasquatch-haired dude who had run from home and photographed him.

3. O rly?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The thing I think that mostly started werewolves were the people that had that weird disease that caused hair to grow all over them.

Taken from a random site about diseases:

The disease is called werewolf syndrome because people with it look like werewolves - except without the sharp teeth and claws.

Some people possibly saw the similarities between their condition and wolves and bam they're freaky wolf people that feed on human flesh. Kinda amazing some of the weird diseases out there. And it's not that hard to imagine there are creatures out there that haven't been discovered, just look at how many diffrent species were discovered with just the galapagos islands. Before then they'd think you were crazy if you talked about seeing a giant turtle that could bite a man's head off.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well from what I heard about the wolf legend...

There's many things that able you to turn into a werewolf, of course the common factor is, getting bit by a wolf. Another factor is getting a curse. And then the famous full moon theory where a person turns into a werewolf by the light of a full moon.

And there are places that people claimed to see the yeti, bigfoot, and THE LOCHNESS Monster.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
All legends come from more legends which come from stories which came from rumors which came from the truth. Whether what we made of this truth is truly still any hint of truth or not is pure speculation. This is why I believe in mythical creatures, for without speculations, we would be no better than monkeys.
(03-24-2009 05:23 AM)tigerlily Wrote: Well from what I heard about the wolf legend...

There's many things that able you to turn into a werewolf, of course the common factor is, getting bit by a wolf. Another factor is getting a curse. And then the famous full moon theory where a person turns into a werewolf by the light of a full moon.

And there are places that people claimed to see the yeti, bigfoot, and THE LOCHNESS Monster.

Weird thing is the bite and scratch theory isn't that old, it was brought in modern novels and films.

Greeks beleived there was a leader of acardia that Zeus turned into a Wolf.
"How did Mary Die?"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Yeah. And Vampirism is a disease. It does not how ever, Make you sparkle.
ha ha
Lycanthropy is a mental disease in which the sufferer belive they are beoming a wolf or have a craving for flesh, no reason, no motive just a craving for flesh and beleif that they are becoming an animal.

I also don't get the hate between vampires and werewolves, it was if a werewolf died it would rise as a vampire, still a wolf but instead of a craving for flesh, a thirst for blood.
"How did Mary Die?"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
That's a more modern idea.