Join our server on Discord

Yaaay! Then it was ruined...
Ever had one of those amazing showers where you just get all content and happy and warm and fuzzly and... okay that's getting out of hand. Anyways, so I just came out all warm with my towel on, then my mom tells me one of my cats probably won't live through next month! I'm just thinking why the fuck couldn't she tell me this when I wasn't content and happy!? It's like once in a year I'm actually happy! Goddammit and now my cat's going to die! What the hell is with my luck, I mean why can't I just have a nice day once in a while like everyone else!? Now I'm just wet and mad, like Britney Spears after one of her shows.
She probably could've picked a better time to tell you, if it was even necessary to tell you at all. Come to think of it, there's really no point in knowing until after the cat dies. It's not like there's anything you can do about it. It's the same reason I didn't go to my great aunt's 90th birthday. Now I'll see her (in a box) at the funeral, much more convenient and less burdensome.

Quote:Now I'm just wet and mad, like Britney Spears after one of her shows.
Good one. Does she like pour a bucket of water on herself now? Seeing how she doesn't sing during shows, nor does she dance very well, I would think that would be the only way to make it a show.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It was a joke off of how slutty she is.
...and you won't have to buy your aunt a present, either, Wisemon. Just kidding. That's sort of cold, but it does make sense.

I'm sorry about your cat, MK. Wisemon is right--it might end up living longer than you think, so keep your hopes up, okay?

Oh yeah, Britney Spears sucks =p I give you a thumb's up for that comment, MK XD
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
I doubt it... it's really showing signs...
And thanks for the thumbs up.

Now they're talking about euthanizing her, I don't even know what that is! And I don't think I want to... considering the context... (I spelled it right thanks to Safari Spell-Check)
Don't read the bottom of my post then Magus if you don't want the definition. But i think in the case of your cat, is there no way it can be treated? i mean is it dying of age, disease, injury or something?

Euthanasia Definition (Highlight to read):
Euthanasia is often called mercy killing. Essentially it's giving the animal a low-pain injection that'll kill it off before whatever is killing it does.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Apparently not, even if there was we wouldn't have the funds to even diagnose it.
They want to put a bullet throughout its brain before it gets too weak and wrinkled and begins to pee on itself and attacking people for becoming grumby "old man." I have seen that happen with many animals and it's just plain disgraceful towards the animal itself.

Anyway, I'm really sorry about your cat. Sucks when that happens but most pets don't exactly live that long anyway, if you're going for longevity you better get a turtle. Then they'll end up outliving even you.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
So they do want to kill her... :(
(03-22-2009 10:23 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: So they do want to kill her... :(

Yes, but it's not to get rid of her. For example, we had a puppy, she was a bit over a year old and she had always been very coughy and congested. The vet we had check her said it sounded like a cold, so we didn't think much of it. However, she got worse and it turned out to be a chronic lung illness, something she'd never recover from. So we had her euthanized (the other common term with pets is "put to sleep"). It wasn't to get rid of her, but rather to spare her from living with the illness that was going to get progressively worse.

You said your cat is showing signs of being on the verge of death. That's why your parents are considering it. My girlfriend's aunt just had a dog "put to sleep" but they waited very long, the dog could hardly stand on its own, it was barely eating, he was in very poor shape. They loved that dog very much, but he was suffering and they wanted to end that.

Some people dont believe in it, I mean it's not like you can tell what the animal is thinking/feeling, so who are we to determine whether the animal should live or die? However, I feel that most familes develop close enough bonds with pets that they know when the animal is no longer enjoying life, they can see the animal turn from the happy family pet, to an empty shell.

The process of putting an animal down isn't cruel. They inject the animal with an overdose of anesthetic (a medication that makes the animal feel no pain or anything). It looks like the animal is going to sleep, but they pass on very quickly. The whole process took place in easily less than a minute with our puppy, however it feels longer. I don't really suggest going into the room with the animal because it is a very emotional moment. I was in the room with the puppy and it was hard to watch, and of course I have that memory of her going to sleep for the last time. However, if you're close with the animal, and want to go in, do it.

Good luck with your cat, I hope she finds peace soon. And don't think bad of your parents, they're just trying to do what's best.

Also, those warm tingly amazing showers are the bestest.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade