Join our server on Discord

Resident Evil 5
I hate you guys, having 360 or PS3 to be able to play it :(

Nah, j/k, but I'm kinda angry I can't play Resident Evil 5, I saw like 30 trailers and each time I watch them with more and more apathy, from knowing I'll never be able to play it until PS3 becomes virtually obsolete and I can afford it here (2k dollars here, that makes it over 6000+ pesos, which means two months' salary, in other words, hell no), but at the same time, it makes me remember about the great Resident Evil 4 to an extent that almost brings these silly tears of thrill and illusion about being able to get to play this installment of the RE series- sniff, I played all REs I could afford last year, and yet I still feel empty and need to get my hands on RE5!

senjuro, 100 headbursts a playthrough, pleaseeeee ;-;
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(03-25-2009 02:13 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: senjuro, 100 headbursts a playthrough, pleaseeeee ;-;

Only a hundred? With the fully crit-upgraded handgun, I could probably get you almost 500. :p

Also, they did playthroughs differently this time around. You can play through the game, if you wish. You can also choose what chapters you wish to play (assuming you've completed them before). Wanna go back and pwn a pesky boss with your magnum? Knock yourself out! :3
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

lol that would be fun, but I've always loved chucking rockets at them when they only needed one more shotgun shot or grenade blast to finish off. (Later I learned I should have saved my pesetas <_<)

Quote:Only a hundred? With the fully crit-upgraded handgun, I could probably get you almost 500. :P

Then stop talking and DO it! I want to see Bloodbath. Wait- do things bleed more than in RE4? Say, I never paid attention in the trailers. If you burst a ganado's head, do their clothes get all bloody as they walk, too?

AND WHAT'S WITH RIPPING BLADE 2 OFF WITH THOSE DISLOCATED JAWS?! It's not funny T_T
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
They're not ganados anymore. They're called "majini." Majini = "evil spirit" in Swahili. But yes, they bleed a lot. And bits and pieces go flying when they get gibbed, instead of just kind of disappearing like in 4.

YES YES YES YES! Wait- NOOOO! What opportunity am I missing?! *Curls up into a big blue ball* Make that a thousand per playthrough.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(03-24-2009 10:15 PM)senjuro Wrote: @ The Reclaimer: I can't do anything to convince you if you think Capcom is a company that does anything half-assed.

I wasn't directing that solely at Capcom (I have no problems with Capcom at all). It was about demos in general. Demos should represent the gameplay, that still dosen't mean everyone will like it. I didn't like RE5 because I felt that the controls were sloppy and the pace was clunkly, be it a QA issue or just me, it still turned me off of the gameplay enough to not want it.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
*shrug* Like I said, I can't do anything to change your mind. If something that admits it isn't polished yet convinces you that the finished product isn't going to be an improvement, then that's your mindset.

I got this game last Friday and I love it. I've pretty much just played the Co-Op mode with my brother and it's worked out pretty well. My main beef with the game is that it seems to be more of an action game than a horror/survival game. Ammo was never an issue and there were barely any puzzles. The game also has a knack for freezing during loading screens, but that may be my 360's fault. Overall though, the game is still full of fun times and is a good challenge in the least.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions
Haven't played co-op yet, but I think I'm going to enjoy my partner attempting to use appropriate weapons for long-range firing instead of trying to snipe with a shotgun. Resident Evil has evolved past (even story wise) an under-armed and unprepared character being plonked into the middle of a biohazardous outbreak. Umbrella's past activities are pretty common knowledge, and the viruses required to make B.O.W.'s are pretty readily available on the black market. Makes sense that the good guys are wising up to the situation and starting to pack some heat!

About your freezing problem: if you have a HDD, you should try installing it. It cuts the load times significantly, and seems to alleviate cutscene/loading screen freezing. I had that problem, too, and the install appears to have fixed it.