Join our server on Discord

Pick it up… Watch out!
Chris Cornell put out a new album, “Scream.” I would normally go through the trouble of rating and reviewing each song individually, but this album isn’t worth it. Besides, there are no silences between songs, i.e. the album is meant to be one continuous play, so I think it’s fair to lump the whole album together.

I had a feeling it would be “different” when I saw the producer credits, but I was hoping for the best. Chris Cornell gets props for being experimental with this album, unlike “Carry On,” but this is just ridiculous. At least “Carry On” was a rock album with some decent songs on it, bland overall though it was. For rock fans, this album has no redeeming value except for its novelty among Chris’s body of work, a few good lyrics, very appropriate cover photographs, and the hidden track, “Two Drink Minimum.” For fans of electronic pop stuff, maybe it’s good, but I wouldn’t know. I will admit that some of the songs are catchy in places, so if you’re a pop fan, this album could appeal to you.

As a huge Soundgarden fan, a lesser fan of Temple of the Dog, Audioslave, and Chris’s other solo work, this is a huge disappointment. I really hope Chris goes back to basics, maybe experimenting a little, but not this much, if he’s going to put out more albums. Obviously, this is the twilight of his career, but I think he still has the ability to write good songs.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Sounds sucky! I like techno... yeah thats right... feel free to laugh...
And laugh I shall. http://xkcd.com/411/
You know, This may be the first album you've reviewed that you don't like.
I'll choose not to look at that link.
Quote:And laugh I shall. http://xkcd.com/411/
You know, This may be the first album you've reviewed that you don't like.
Good joke, I've thought of it before though.

This isn't the first album I've reviewed that I didn't like, but it's the one I dislike the most.

Quote:Sounds sucky! I like techno... yeah thats right... feel free to laugh...
Actually, if you like techno, you might like this album. It's about as techno as a once respected rock star can get.
I know that you saw me.
(03-14-2009 01:30 PM)UnknownH Wrote: And laugh I shall. http://xkcd.com/411/
I like techno too, but i download pretty much everything musical from the web these days so that comic was pretty funny to me.

Quote:Actually, if you like techno, you might like this album. It's about as techno as a once respected rock star can get.
Times change wise, some things just don't stay the same long enough. I'll be checking the music out though, sounds like something I'd like.

*after watching scream and part of me on youtube* Urgh, Timbaland infested it. I mean i liked alot of Chris' Audioslave work, but this is not my thing at all. It's occasions like this that are why i don't like bands/musicians, only their songs. If the artist keeps his/her/their same style, then at least it keeps their original fans and doesn't alienate them. Even if they do want something different they could always, oh i don't know, listen to something else?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Quote:Urgh, Timbaland infested it.
Nice word choice.

Quote:If the artist keeps his/her/their same style, then at least it keeps their original fans and doesn't alienate them. Even if they do want something different they could always, oh i don't know, listen to something else?
Right, I'm not even sure what the demographic is supposed to be here. Chris's fans won't like it because it's not rock music. Pop fans won't like it because it's some old man trying to be hip.
I know that you saw me.
Yeah that might be a good choice of words. And Magus is missing something. That comic is a comic of intelligent people. Or at least done by an intelligent person.
... Excuse me? I want to take that like it was polite, but I can't find any. Mind explaining what you just said to me.
(03-16-2009 05:09 AM)MagusKnight Wrote: ... Excuse me? I want to take that like it was polite, but I can't find any. Mind explaining what you just said to me.

Relax. Not everyone has the same taste in music. They just make fun of others way of viewing it.

Anyway i guess i should watch out idk. Im not much of a album i never heard of fan.

EDIT i re-read what he said. Ey tis be a sad day for people.