Join our server on Discord

Another school shooting
judging by your ciggy, isnt that your job?
Drop it and keep talking about the original topic. No more deleting posts or locking threads. No more name-calling. No more pointing fingers. No more disrespecting the deceased. Just drop the whole thing. If you're not here to talk about the school shooting or something related to the school shooting, leave this thread now, and let there be no more of this crap.

Seriously... oy....
To get back on topic, I was bullied almost all my life most of my grade school for that matter, til I was placed in the "Columbine Massacre" group. People thought that one day I would snap and would eventually kill those that have caused me to suffer. Hell I went through some of my hardest times in life all because of the fact I was an easy target.

Fact of the matter is, Bullying isn't going to stop. Name calling won't stop. Life being difficult for some won't stop. But taking action will. And not the parents saying that the Computer Game is at fault. Hell if anything, it was a way for him/her/it to go about and vent. Something that the school did nothing about. I bet the kids parents knew about him being picked on for a very long time, tried to do whats right and ended up at a dead end. Everyone is so fast to pass judgment on something that isn't going to solve anything.

Video Games don't cause killers. They really don't. Every game is a depiction of a surreal environment which isn't real life at all. Blaming Doom for a similar outcome and etc. These kids turned to video games as a source of relief. Hell I turned to reading, and drawing. And other things to help me vent.

The schooling system needs to be changed, cause bullying is something that is kept under a hush/ who cares philosophy. Only recently certain procedures are made to help. Its not enough. It really isn't. Their is one thing to prevent this. Frivolous lawsuits by the parents bullies. This is why most of the school is scared to react and act for the most part. Most of them are really unmerited.

The child, thought of something to do to make a point, and get back at those that harmed him. Was it the right course of action, no. He did pull the trigger and killed many people. He has become a bully in his own way by not trying other types of actions.

To be honest, everyone is to blame. The community, school, parents, the media. (Yes I say media, because they really don't help at all) All need to be fixed. Its bad enough as it is going to school with metal detectors and bomb drills, to feel less human as is to be bullied and feel as if we aren't safe. I thought by now people would take fault in what is true but all they seem to do is point a finger. With this many occurrences, can't we learn and fix things before it gets really worse?
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Bottom line is that victims will get tired of being pushed around, and when they finally push back, they're no longer the victim.

Quote:Video Games don't cause killers.

Thank you.

Quote:Every game is a depiction of a surreal environment which isn't real life at all. Blaming Doom for a similar outcome and etc. These kids turned to video games as a source of relief.

That's how humanity in general has always worked. When reality turns to shit, people search for gateways out of reality. During the Great Depression, people turned to movies, and in this generation, people turn to video games.

I think it's unfair to point out that pretty much every gunman in the last 10 school shootings owned a copy of Counterstrike. After brewing on it and doing a little research, I've concluded that Counterstrike is to gamers what The Bible is to Christians; pretty much everyone owns a copy.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
i disagree with that, i absolutely detest CS. on topic i agree games dont make killerz
I also do not own a copy. I am not an FPS person. I do own a pocket bible though. For comparison.
Ewwww! Religion fails.
It's all in how much you take of it. I take a normal amount. Wise takes much less then I do while someone else here may take a lot more. It's a belief system. That's what it is.
I believe that once I die I will learn which religion is correct.
Quote:I think it's unfair to point out that pretty much every gunman in the last 10 school shootings owned a copy of Counterstrike. After brewing on it and doing a little research, I've concluded that Counterstrike is to gamers what The Bible is to Christians; pretty much everyone owns a copy.
In other words, the propensity to be a shooter led them to the game, not the other way around, good point. You might want to specify that it's just certain gamers.

Quote:I take a normal amount.
Out of curiosity, what is a "normal" amount?

Quote:I believe that once I die I will learn which religion is correct.
Nice quotable, but I think I've heard that one before.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against