Join our server on Discord

Another school shooting
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2...33653.aspx

Surprise! Another school shooting! This time in Germany.

Don't bother reading the article. It's so stereotypical, words cannot begin to describe it.

Loner treated like shit by fellow students? Check.

Shooting at a high school/University? Check.

Owned a copy of Counterstrike? *Sighs* Check.

Gunman killed over a dozen people before committing suicide? Check.

Local community shocked? FUCKIN' CHECK!
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Yeah, all because the father left out a pistol with tons of ammo available for it. Sigh...people need to stop being dumbasses.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
No. You cannot leave fault with them. The fault mainly lies in the community. Children around middle school and high school are extremely judgmental, and without communication a human's mind is left to itself, and when it is left to itself it overanalyzes life and finally realizes the nature of life, death. Once they realize that, they realize what salvation comes from death. It is a mental state caused by the overly ... for a lack of better words... assholish nature. It is one thing to be excluded, but then to be rediculed simply for your existence, you decide termination would be best. In my opinion, I am for any person who has a school shooting, we don't need people who ruin lives on this planet, we need those who can build ability and promise.
Quote:Children around middle school and high school are extremely judgmental, and without communication a human's mind is left to itself, and when it is left to itself it overanalyzes life and finally realizes the nature of life, death. Once they realize that, they realize what salvation comes from death. It is a mental state caused by the overly ... for a lack of better words... assholish nature.
I have several better words: reclusive, hermetic, isolated, disconnected... not necessarily bad people for that, but I know the state you mean; I'm still there. With little to no attachment, the mind does funny things. I too overanalyze life... but that doesn't mean I want to end it. So, don't make too much of a generalization.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Not the shooter! The other children.
http://www.robertringer.com/bullying.html (written after the Virgina Tech shooting)

Quote:No. You cannot leave fault with them. The fault mainly lies in the community.

Sure I can; regardless of how the community treated them, they didn't make the shooter pick up the gun and pull the trigger. Granted, the community is at fault, but not totally.

Quote:Yeah, all because the father left out a pistol with tons of ammo available for it. Sigh...people need to stop being dumbasses.

Oh boy, here we go again.
Hell, when my dad had his rifles, he didn't leave them out like an idiot. Clips went into a locked box with the ammo, and the rifles all had bolt-locks on them. A responsible gun owner would have the common sense to at least lock up their firearms, so that their angst-filled kids don't steal them and use them to play Call Of Duty 6: High School Edition.

Blame the parents for not locking up deadly weapons, blame the kid for pulling the trigger, blame the community for ignoring him when he obviously needed friends. Just don't blame the gun. Without the kid's hand, it would've just sat there and did nothing.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I do blame as well humanity itself for creating dangerous weapons that can kill so easily. Because of the creation of guns (not guns themselves) mortality rate has tripled.
(03-14-2009 03:34 AM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: A responsible gun owner would have the common sense to at least lock up their firearms, so that their angst-filled kids don't steal them and use them to play Call Of Duty 6: High School Edition.
Heh, can i get that on the 360?

But seriously, theres a number of factors involed when it comes to "who's to blame". you can't just blame the people around him or the idiot who went on the rampage himself.

If there's something i'll say about this, it's that he'd have been better off killing people on Halo 3 rather then being a total twat because he wouldn't have broke the law and he at least would get a medal or two for playing. Also, if you disagree with this comment, please respond with absolutely no reply or other form of message involving the comment whatsoever. Thank you.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(03-13-2009 09:40 AM)Wisemon Wrote: With little to no attachment, the mind does funny things.

How else do you think suicide bombers function?

A majority of the problem does come from the fact that a small number of people are pushed to this point because of no friends and being frequently treated like crap. Mind you, this is coming from a person who has been put in the same scenario and even arrested for supposedly planning to shoot up a school, though in my case, I wasn't even thinking about it and the arrest was made without any hard evidence outside of anonymous claims.

What makes the problem worse is the fact that the Zero Tolerance policy only alienates these people further and doesn't do anything to stop real bullies.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA