Join our server on Discord

Matter of Trust: The World Ends with You RPG.
About to beat it and I'm all hip about it, DS rocks! And so does this game! So anyways, hope people join so we all can have a fun time playing and ripping off Bleach in a few ways. For those who are not familiar with the title, here are a few guidelines on the "Game" (Those who are knowitalls can just skip forwards to the rules):

- The "Game" as I mentioned consists in "Players" who appear in a part of Shibuya (Japan's commercial town/sector) to fight as "Partners", pairs of "Players" doing survival missions dished out by "Reapers" in a span of 7 days. The game happens in an alternate Shibuya, which is referred to as "Underground" or "UG", only "Players" can visit the "UG", but "Reapers" can exist in both the "UG" and the "RealGround" or "RG".

- "Players" are people who entered the "Game" because of a common reason: Death. Upon dying, they are given the choice to play the Game for hopes of a second chance at life. "Players" must give up their most treasured thing in the world as the entry fee for the game. If a player dies in the game, the entry fee is lost forever, "Erased" along with the Player. If the player wins the game, they are given their entry fee back, along with a second chance. When a "Player" begins the game, they all appear with a "Player Pin", which allows them to read the minds of living people from the "RG" and certifies them as "Players", not to mention awaken their latent powers which will help them during the "Game".

- "Partners" are pairs of people who made a pact to stay alive in the "Game". During the course of the "Game", the "Partners" must cooperate with each other, regardless of maybe not knowing each other or getting into a fight. Trusting your partner is an essential if you want to survive the "Noise".

- "Reapers" are people with black wings and tremendous power. They are the people who send out missions and create and open "Walls", as well as the makers of the "Noise". In the hierarchy of the "Reapers", the ranks go as following: "Conductor", "Game Master" or "GM", "Officer", "Support Reaper".

- "Erasure" is like dying again, but this time, your soul disappears forever and cannot ever be reacquired. Being "Erased" means you lose your right to exist.

- "UG" and "RG" are denominations of Shibuya. All the people are in Shibuya, but the spirits of the people who are playing cannot be seen, and only inhabite an overlapping dimension we call the "UG". Basically, everything continues as it is, but if you're a "Player", you're simply a ghost. People from the "RG" cannot see nor hear you, let alone help you.

- "Player Pins" look like these: .. http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x5/ga...pineh6.png .. And they allow a "Player" to perform various abilities known as "Psych", and also allow them to read scan for "Noise" and "RG" people's minds. All that is required to activate a Scan is to tap the "Player Pin" with a finger.

- "Noise" are creatures that feed on souls and they will attack any "Player" in sight. These are created by Reapers and can take various forms as they will it.

- "Psych" is the denomination we give to the latent abilities or skills a "Player" acquires and uses while in the game. Depending on the ESPer ranking the person has, they may be able to have use two or more "Psyches".

- Missions are given to players via text messages to their cell phones. Every player receives one and the mail cannot be deleted, or it will come back. Once a mission reaches, only a minute later the "Players" will be momentarily shocked before a timer appears in their hands, dictating how much time left they got before the timer expires. Penalties can vary, but failing a mission will almost always result in Erasure. If at least one "Player" completes the mission, all the others become safe, but fooling around and leaving it to the others for too long will yield grave consequences in the long run. Additionally, there is 1 Mission per day. There are 7 Missions per "Game". Once a Mission is cleared, 10 minutes pass and every "Player" is knocked out and wakes up in the following day as if time had been skipped. There are no exceptions. "Reapers" cannot attack "Players" directly during the first sixth days, but once the seventh is reached, it's free grounds for all "Reapers" to "Erase" any player they desire to.

-----------------------

Whew, those are all the basic concepts. Okay, time for the rules:

1. No Godmodding.

2. No Power Playing.

3. No ignoring.

4. Post Flood is 8 between 2 and 15 between 3. Fail to follow this rule and face Erasure. lol always wanted to say that.

5. Wrap up your things quick. Once a mission is cleared, we skip to next day no matter what, no exceptions.

6. No Omni-ESPer like Neku Sakuraba. You may only be able to control up to three Psyches. As for what they are, make sure you follow the rules above, and then, they can be any sort of power you want. (Keep healers to a minimum, they are boring)

7. You can be a Reaper if you want, but if you do, you fully and willingly accept the fact that this character may be Erased by a GM or above at any given point in the "Game", so try not to make a character who's very attached to you a Reaper, or else we'll enter an unnecessary conflict.

-----------------

PROFILES!

Name:
Physical Appearance (Pics accepted):

Player or Reaper? :

If Player:

Psych 1:
Name:
Skill (Its specialization):
Description:

Psych 2:
Name:
Skill:
Description:

Psych 3:
Name:
Skill:
Description:

If Reaper:

Elemental Affinity:
Techniques:
Noise Preference (Type of Noise you control):

------------------------

So anyways guys- before we begin, I must stress this out: We are going for an EVEN number of Players, so in that way, everybody will have a Partner. They are free to choose who it will be even before the game starts, but the pact must be done in-game. Remember, if you have no Partner, you can NOT fight the Noise! You can only run away from it, but your Psyches will not work! Also, take a note that if your Partner is Erased by whichever reason, you only have 7 posts to find a new one! If you don't do so, then you are accepting the cruel fate of Erasure, regadless of your situation!

And just for reference, I'll be playing a male player. So the counter of Players for the moment right now is 1. Let the profiles come now!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Just a quick question from a noob. Is it limited to one character a piece?
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
I beat that game a while ago, it's awesome, right?

Name: Daisy Matsumoto
Physical Appearance: [Image: 39238531.png]

Player
Tool: Skipping Rope

Psych 1
Name: Eyes Full of Hope
Skill: Holy Light
Description: Hundreds of flares of light thunder down on an enemy, bursting from the pin in Daisy's hand.

Psych 2
Name: LIVE!
Skill: Street Jam
Description: Daisy's scream creates an insanely loud shockwave which rockets out from around her.

Psych 3
Name: Love Me Tether
Skill: Entanglement
Description: Daisy's skipping rope streams out around her, snaring enemies.

Okay, gotcha! I edited some stuff, so i should be all set. ^^

all i ever wanted was the world.

That's the thing, you're not supposed to rely on healing ;3 And by the way, what I'm going to say does not mean you did anything wrong Mian, but to everybody else: You don't need to restrict yourself to the use of Pins as a method of Psych abilities. Just make sure you have at least one tool (cell phone, stuffed animals, skateboards, bats, knives, backpacks, whatever flies in your mind) that can act as the catalyst of your latent powers.

And Shadow, you can have only one Player (Two if we are in dire need of balance, for the even number of Players), but you can have as many Reapers as you'd like.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Name: Shaun Dowley
Physical Appearance: Pic

Player.

Psych 1:
Name: Combat Knife.
Skill: Blade
Description: Creates a long energy blade from the combat knife. Lengthening it to a little over short sword length

Psych 2:
Name: Byakurai
Skill: White lighting.
Description: Fires a bolt of light blue lighting from his fingertips.

Psych 3:
Name: Sneakers
Skill: Flash strike
Description: A quick movement that closes distance in an instant while attacking.

Hope that's right, I'll fix it if anything's messed up.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Name: Sona
Physical Appearance: this

Player or Reaper? : Player

If Player:

Psych 1:
Name: Fire Lance
Skill: Spear
Description: Sona changes a small wooden rod he carries into a spear made of flames.

Psych 2:
Name: Eruption
Skill: Fire Burst
Description: After concentrating for a short time, Sona can release a burst of fire from his body to damage whatever's around him.

Psych 3:
Name: Inferno burst
Skill: Fire Wave
Description: Sona can send a wave of flames out of his hand.
[Image: FANTASY%20-%20IMAGE%20-%20Girl%20Warrior...ragoon.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Sounds interesting in the least...^^

Name: Ritsuko
Physical Appearance: A tough girl by heart, this biker chick is never caught without her leather gear. She wears tight leather pants with a black studded belt. She also wears a tight, black leather top and leather biker's gloves. She has long, black hair with a violet streak in it and she has crimson eyes. She has a nice slim figure and she is roughly 5' 8 inches. When not riding her bike, she always has a black trenchcoat on to match her dark sunglasses.

Psych 1:
Name: Black Sunglasses
Skill: Million Vision
Description: Causes eyes to open on surfaces in the surrounding area and those eyes shoot laser beams at the enemy. (How's that, DMX? ^^ )

Psych 2:
Name: Biker's Glove
Skill: Black Dragon Fist
Description: Summons a black dragon to wrap itself around her until it's head merges with her fist. She then delivers a devastating punch with the power of a mighty beast.

Psych 3:
Name: Chain Bracelet
Skill: Shock of Restraint
Description: Causes shadow chains to emerge from the ground beneath the target and deliver an intense electric shock.
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
Hey, Masq, that first Psych you got there's kinda weird. I'm not against it since there's no rule against those psyches but it won't really help you in battle. Just saying, it's your choice anyway.

Here are my three profiles:

Name: Karomaru Kodou.
Physical Appearance: 6' tall guy with short blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Dresses with a pretty much basic outfit which includes a black T-shirt over a red shirt, blue jeans and white sneakers.

Player or Reaper? :

If Player:

Psych 1:
Name: Masamune
Skill: Shockwave
Description: Slashes the air with a pin in hand, causing shockwaves to deal cutting damage repeatedly.

Psych 2:
Name: Rakuyo
Skill: Vulcan Uppercut
Description: Moves in for an attack in a rising arc, fist closed with a pin in hand.

Psych 3:
Name: Fiery Spirit, Spirited Fire
Skill: Pyrokinesis
Description: Creates a path of flame that inflicts damage on contact.

-----------------

Name: Tatsumi Ichi.
Physical Appearance: http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/na...meGirl.jpg
If Reaper:

Elemental Affinity: Fire.

Techniques: Fire Cannons (Produces several spiritual cannons around her, each of them shooting a round of fire bullets), Fire Aura (Encases herself in a red bubble which cannot be broken unless it's doused), Magma Burst (Causes a small eruption to gush out large quantities of molten rock which encase the target into a solid prison), Ichimonji (Lunges at enemy with hand outstretched for a strong, quick and effective thrust).

Noise Preference (Type of Noise you control): Grizzlis and Foxes.

---------------

Name: Heiji Uchijima.
Physical Appearance: http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925422736/5...demon2.jpg
If Reaper:

Elemental Affinity: Poison.

Techniques: ???.

Noise Preference (Type of Noise you control): ???.

^ Your GM for the week.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Name: Melody
Physical Appearance (Pics accepted): Melody

If Player:

Psych 1:
Name: Multiple strikes
Skill (Its specialization): Sword
Description: Attacks multiple times using her sword

Psych 2:
Name: Pop Singing
Skill: Musical Notes
Description: Mutiple notes from her voice attacks the enemy

Psych 3:
Name: Melody call!
Skill: Musical Notes
Description: A echo range sound screamed from her voice to attack her enemies.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
OOC: If I'm not wrong this means 6 Players, or 3 pairs. We've got enough to start, if others want to spawn, then they are free to, except when we reach the Seventh day since it will be pretty unlikely.

By the way, something I forgot- make sure you think about what your Players entry fee were. It has to be of UTMOST EMOTIONAL IMPORTANCE to your character. Joking and ignorance about this matter will not be tolerated, simply because it's one of the game's golden rules. If you're not sure about entry fees, you can just default it and go for the entry fee being your character's memory of who they were while they were alive.

If you still aren't satisfied with the default, contact me and we'll talk.

IC:

(Shibuya's Scramble Crossing)

"Oh god! J of the M has its new trends out! We gotta rush to Cat Street!"

"Seriously?! No way dude! Let's check it out!"

"Urrgh..." Karomaru felt the world spin as he woke up and looked at the stampede of people go by him.

"EEEE! Look at that girl Mako!"

"Who?"

"LOOK! She's got the Lapine Angeline thread I wanted to buy! I can't believe that bitch, she keeps stealing all my dresses!"

"Uh, you technically didn't buy an,"

"SHUT UP!"

"Where am... The scramble?" Karomaru knelt up and looked around, rubbing his sore head, "Woah!" he widened his eyes, seeing kids rushing towards him blindly.

"Hah hah! I'm gonna beat you to Striders! My new Tin Pin Custom's gonna be the best!"

"Not if my Sledge Pattern Omega X has something to say 'bout it, pal! NOW WAIT UP!"

Karomaru still felt dizzy, so he braced for the upcoming "Hey! Care-" the boys went right through him, as if Karomaru had only been air, "-ful...?! What the?!" he started patting himself, not finding any anomaly with his body, but as he did, something of his belongings fell to the floor. Black like a clear night sky with an ominous skull painting on it. "This...?" he reached to grab it, "What was this doing in-" he stopped, as suddenly a rush of pitch loud noise started to invade his mind. "AAAARGH!"

"How do I get her to buy me that Pin?! I'll lose to Sam if I can't get a modded one!"

"Geez, I'm so short. Wish growth spurt had been more generous with me, I want chicks to notice me..."

"ARGH! Can't believe I lost it! Where's my wallet?! AH! I know! That snobby piece of- I shouldn't have bought at Pegaso Atilleir! I'll sue them for this! Huh? What's that on my feet...? HAHA! Take this luck! I found another person's wallet! Heh heh. Now I'll get even more money from my stolen wallet and get to keep these... 1500 Yen? That's funny, it's the same I had on me when my wallet..."

"I can't shake this funny feeling I'm being watched... I hope it's not a stalker..."

"SLAM ON!! This week's last Slammurai episode was great! Can't wait for the next one, whoo-hoo!"

"S-stop it!!" Karomaru growled, feeling his head spinning from all the invading thoughts as he let go of the pin, which by some stroke of luck fell back into his pocket. "I got to... huh...? It stopped..." the boy said to himself, still feeling weird after the two new events, but that was not the end. A large red mark which appeared to have been drawn by a graffiti artist suddenly popped out from the wall on the corner where Karomaru was, which startled him on the spot. "Wh-whoa! What's that?!"

"RIBBIT!" the red mark glew bright before it popped and a large frog fell to the floor, slamming itself onto the concrete. Karomaru found this mildly funny, but something was weird about this hell-spawned frog, and it was not the fact it had appeared out of thin air or its descomunal size, but the fact half of its body continued to have the drawing marks of the graffiti.

"Okay, this day's not exactly going well. First I appear several spaces from home, second I get this feeling I'm not composed of solid matter anymore, third, I get bombared by crazy people's thoughts and now I'm seeing a gigantic frog which appears to have been scribbled by a kid." The boy said to himself, trying to piece it all together. "Say..." he turned around, ignoring the frog, "Where's home...? Where was I when, AGH!" Karomaru held his head, "Oww... why does it hurt when I try to remember? I,"

"BEEP BEEP!" Karomaru's cell phone rang.

"Huh? Got a text?" The boy blinked, reaching down to his cell phone and opened the mail he had just gotten.

"Welcome to Day 1 of the Reaper's Game.
You have exactly 60 minutes to reach 104's main building.
Clock's ticking, let it go by and face Erasure. Good luck!"

"Erasure?" Karomaru gagged at the word when he repeated it, "Is this some sort of joke or, NGH!!" he shook for a moment, feeling stunned and almost dropped his phone. "This... what..." he looked onto his own hand, gasping at what he say. "What the heck?!" he said, seeing his hand had been imprinted with some sort of digital timer which currently read: "58:50". "What's this timer for...? I... wait... the mail..." he looked at the message on his cell and read it again. "60 minutes... it's hardly been a minute or so since I opened it..." he looked across the street, he could see 104's building not very far away. "Well, if I want some answers, I better, WAGH!"

"RIBBIT!" the large frog pounced on Karomaru from behind, stomping and scratching his back, before jumping onto the ground in front of him.

"Argh, hey! What's the big i-i-i..." The boy gasped once again, this time not from surprise, but from fear as he saw a group of the aforementioned frogs, "...dea...?"

"RIBBIT!" the horde of frogs all kept ribbit'ing almost in a dark chorus as they approached Karomaru slowly, like stalking predators.

"I don't think I like the look of this, better bounce from here!" Karomaru said, turning away from the frogs and running for it as fast as his legs would allow him to, the group of beligerent frogs chasing after him. Karomaru took off to 104, but mid-way between leaving the scramble, Karomaru bounced back. "Ack! What the?!" he gasped, seeing something transluscent, yet shiny and viewable that acted like a barrier. "What's this?!" he tried bumping onto the Wall, attempting to break it to go through. "Why can others go through?!" he shouted, seeing people nonchalantly pass by, "HEY! Don't you see the large frogs!" he tried getting help from the people around, but unfortunately no one was paying attention. "Hey! HEY! OI!!" he screamed, before he heard something similar.

"RIBBIT!" the horde had caught up with him. Karomaru turned around.

"Ehhh heh heh... you aren't mad at me for calling you a kid scribble, right...?" the blonde guy said, surprised he had even attempted to talk to a jumbo amphibian which apparently wanted him as his lunch no less.

OOC: Whoo, so basically that's the jist of the beggining of this. Don't sweat it though, no necessity of writing something this long. Yes, this means you must start the game already, no need to add how or where you died and what your entry fee was, just one request though, please don't make everybody suffer memory loss or we'll be at a BIG loss. And by the way, people who didn't lose their memories DO KNOW all the Game's rules, because these are explained by the Conductor before Players are given their Player Pins. Okay? Let's play!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad