Join our server on Discord

radiation, mutants and computer game only. Are you S.T.A.L.K.E.R Material?
Okay, i'm here to promote up an underrated game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. Basically this game came out in 2007 and to be honest not much was done with it, very few adverts for it anyway. Which is a shame seeing as it is a pretty good game, combining FPS and Diablo 2 styled RPG in a fun and in some places scary way. Thats why i've delevoped this thread to try and show you this great game and hopefully pursuade you to buy it yourself.
Note: S.T.A.L.K.E.R means an illegal explorer/artifact scavenger.
Shadow of Chernobyl
Plot
Okay so the story's pretty basic...you wake up with amnesia in some underground office of a guy named Sidorovich. You had a mission in your PDA to kill some guy named Strelok and so, after some talking, Sid sends you on your first mission - Go kill some robbers in an old factory with some other guys. Then from that onward, the world is literally your oyster. You can kill people, steal weapons and do jobs...but if you actually want to follow the storyline, you're basically trying to find out who this Strelok guy is to recollect your memory.
The setting, dangers and items
You're set in an alternative universe where the Chernobyl "zone of alienation" is growing in area and as a result, scavengers such as yourself have taken up lodge in the zone to make money from the rare and wonderous artifacts that are abundant there. These artifacts are created by dangerous anomalous physical presences which can either burn you, electrocute you or lift you into the air and explode you into a thousand meaty chunks. The zone also has a number of mutated animals such as dogs, boars and some things that just defy logic as you can see below.
http://stalktheplanet.com/wp-content/upl...250804.jpg
Oh, and watch out for the military. Sometimes they'll help you out, but most of the time it's best to run from them or shoot them down.

As for weapons, you can use practically everything, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, assault rifles, pistols and shotguns. Body armor is available too, each blending a certain level of bulletproof/rupture protection with a certain level of protection from radiation and other forms of damage. Theres also loads of other goofy items like anti-rad drugs, food, energy drinks, bandages, medikits and even some vodka (which diminishes radioactive poisoning apparently).
The zone has many levels ranging from the mild and green Cordon to the sinister and cruel Chernobyl Nuclear Powerplant, all of which are full of anomalies, mutated creatures, artifacts and of course Stalkers. You can interact with just about every character in this game, with your options ranging from shooting them to trading with them to giving them new and more useful weapons. There are also special "trader" stalkers that let you buy their armour, ammo, food, weapons and other junk.
Things to watch out for
1. Bandits and Mercs
These dudes are bad to the bone. Seriously, they are not friendly in any sense and deserve everything you can give them. specifically, bullets.
2. Stashes
These are wonderful ways of storing and finding items. By searching an enemies corpse, you can often find locations of secret stashes containing items. But, if you come accross a stash without finding the info on it, there won't be anything in them, WITH THE EXCEPTION of blue box stashes; these are often just normal stashes that contain some stuff and will let you store excess weighty objects such as other suits and unneeded weapons.
3. Unique weapons/suits
These are extremely useful pieces of kit that you shouldn't be without in the zone. Rapid-firing Ak47s can be lifesavers.
4. Lab X18
Often the most memorable experience of stalkers is when they get the x18 mission from Barkeep.
5.Oblivion Lost Mod 2.2
There was a lot missed out of this game, like drivable vehicles and certain mutants, so the modding community gave us back these with the Oblivion Lost mod. Recommended for those who want more from Stalker and it fixes most game bugs such as fitting an M203 to a Sig 550 rifle.
Problems
Stalker is a great game, but it does have a sense of drawback when it comes to missions. For example, if you find both Bulldog 6 grenade launchers and sell them, you cannot give one to General Vordonin in return for money and a Vintar BC sniper rifle. My suggestion is that you use a website called the Zone Survival Guide, which provides details of stash/weapon locations and places of interest. But if you'd rather not cheat, it's still pretty handy for checking out what missions people offer you and who carries what special weapons. website: http://stalker.heroesradio.com/

Thank you for reading, i hope i've provided you with enough information on the game and i certainly hope you are interested in buying it. If you're still not completely convinced, watch these videos.

stalker official trailer

mutants video
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
*Stares at first mutant picture*

Blade 2, Resident Evil 5 and many other things have proved it.

People love to dislocate jaws.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
It looks good might have a scour around for a copy.

The last thing you expect is for their jaw and break and latch onto your head, especially radioactive monsters...
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
@ DMX: lol, yeah but it's not the hardest enemy to kill. Try shooting down a Controller, they're the worst. Oh, and dwarfs are pretty scary too if you download Oblivion Lost 2.2.

@ ParkerXD: You can find copies on Amazon, pretty decent ones too. Cost me around £7 for mine and frankly, it's a bargain!
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
He's right its a great game, i've been playing it for around 2 hours and it deserves more, like sort of like Fallout 3 but drawing only par or maybe better that Fallout 3.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions