Join our server on Discord

Left 4 Dead!
(05-06-2009 05:37 AM)senjuro Wrote: Games can ALWAYS be better. Just the improvements you're suggesting are not the ones I would think to add. To me, L4D doesn't need more guns...it needs more maps! And the AI needs to use pipe bombs/molotovs
Well i'm not suggesting rocket launchers or anything, i'm just sick and tired of the Mini Uzi and M16. I mean, can't we use M4 carbines and MP5s used by special forces that were there to control the infestation? Also AI + explosive = risky idea. i personally don't want to be turned into bacon because Zoey tried to molotov a bunch of zombies trying to beat me to death.

Quote:No, I apologize for that one. I came off like an ass there. I'm sorry.
Graciously accepted friend.

Quote:Ya got me there. I do have an abundance of free time and spend that vast majority of it gaming. I do tend to plow through non-RPG titles pretty quickly. Unless it provided a really fun experience for me to go through (like Dead Rising), I probably won't play through it many more times, if at all (like Assassin's Creed).
Well if it's any consulation, i do envy the amount of free time you have

Quote:(Guess what, Nintendo? The Wii was NOT that big revolutionary change we were hoping for...)
Heh, good one.

Quote:For example, the Medal of Honor games. They take the premise of, say, WWI, and borrow some of the events from it. Then you play through a series of extremely important moments during that conflict, as one person, changing the course of events. The whole "one person changing the world" thing is part of the reason why I'm so disenchanted with RPGs right now. Call it me being a jaded 25 year old, but 6 kids going up against an empire and successfully taking it down is too ludicrous for me to stomach. Similarly, one super soldier, no matter how super, cannot possibly hope to bring down an entire race/faction of enemies. And yet they do...every time.
Actually, you do have a good point about the whole "chosen one" mentality that is in RPGs. However, from what i remember from Medal of Honour: Rising Sun, i wasn't the only one doing the fighting; i had AI soldiers fighting alongside me, same with Call of Duty 4. Also, your point about them highlighting a key point in history is pretty much spot on, thats why i prefer the made-up (but suprisingly gripping) campaign in Call of Duty 4.

Quote:Part of what I enjoyed so much of L4D was that feeling of, "Okay...so I escaped. But what am I escaping to?" I win, I beat the game, yes. But did the victory accomplish anything? Not really. That's what I like about it. The game offers no delusions of grandeur. It's refreshing.
Ever heard of something called Ego Satisfaction? I have a large case of it, which is why i love achievement hunting on my 360. It's also the reason why i go for headshots on COD4, so i can unlock the camo patterns for my guns. They do nothing, yes, but they're just that little thing that makes me want to play more.

If you don't want to argue about this any more Senjuro, i know i'm getting pretty tired of it, then by all means leave your response and i'll let it be.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(05-06-2009 06:07 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: Also AI + explosive = risky idea. i personally don't want to be turned into bacon because Zoey tried to molotov a bunch of zombies trying to beat me to death.

I'd at least appreciate the effort. Even Resident Evil 5's atrocious AI uses grenades on Attack mode, and they use them surprisingly effectively. Again though, given the static nature of the game, it's probably easier to program the AI to use them at certain points that will not hinder the player.

Quote:Actually, you do have a good point about the whole "chosen one" mentality that is in RPGs. However, from what i remember from Medal of Honour: Rising Sun, i wasn't the only one doing the fighting; i had AI soldiers fighting alongside me, same with Call of Duty 4. Also, your point about them highlighting a key point in history is pretty much spot on, thats why i prefer the made-up (but suprisingly gripping) campaign in Call of Duty 4.

I guess it's not a proper game unless the main character has a Messiah complex. :p

Quote:Ever heard of something called Ego Satisfaction? I have a large case of it, which is why i love achievement hunting on my 360. It's also the reason why i go for headshots on COD4, so i can unlock the camo patterns for my guns. They do nothing, yes, but they're just that little thing that makes me want to play more.

I'm totally an achievement whore, so I know what you're talking about there. Sometimes it's just a cheap way to force replays or artificially lengthen play time (ie. flag hunting in Assassin's Creed). Other times they're there to make you really work for them (ie. most of the achievements in the Guitar Hero games). But there's little else as satisfying as grabbing that 50G for completing a game on the hardest difficulty setting.
FCWm2afrw A-- C- D H+ M P+ R+ W Z Sm++ RLET$/M$ a c++w e+++ f h+ i++ j+ p+ sm+

Quote:I'm totally an achievement whore, so I know what you're talking about there. Sometimes it's just a cheap way to force replays or artificially lengthen play time (ie. flag hunting in Assassin's Creed). Other times they're there to make you really work for them (ie. most of the achievements in the Guitar Hero games). But there's little else as satisfying as grabbing that 50G for completing a game on the hardest difficulty setting.

Ha! Same here actually... :P

I try to get all achievements for all my games, but some are just impossible and some are pretty tricky. The only game I actually was able to get every achievement was "Dead Space". Dunno how I managed it, but I had the patients and will to do it. The worst thing was to do two achievements at once. "Beat game on Hardest Difficulty (Impossible Mode)" and "Use Plasma Cutter only through whole game).

but... it was worth it! :D

As for Left 4 Dead. I'm just 1 achievement away from having them all. But I don't know how I'm goin' to get that.
[Image: 2hrn80k.jpg][Image: 25hpq38.gif]
The Mod Squad
The OCA
(05-08-2009 05:45 AM)Gol22 Wrote: As for Left 4 Dead. I'm just 1 achievement away from having them all. But I don't know how I'm goin' to get that.
Let me guess, is it complete all the campaigns on the hardest difficulty?
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(05-08-2009 06:19 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote:
(05-08-2009 05:45 AM)Gol22 Wrote: As for Left 4 Dead. I'm just 1 achievement away from having them all. But I don't know how I'm goin' to get that.
Let me guess, is it complete all the campaigns on the hardest difficulty?

Hahahaha, nope, got that one long ago. Something harder...
The Mod Squad
The OCA
Is it the one to get through a campaign without any friendly fire?

(05-09-2009 12:00 AM)senjuro Wrote: Is it the one to get through a campaign without any friendly fire?
Technically thats not very hard, just don't fire at anything really, not unless you're sure you can't shoot them.
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I've been about 30 seconds away from clearing this achievement multiple times, only to have either an NPC go out of their way to get shot, or have an NPC shoot me.

In theory, it sounds easy. In practice, it's very difficult, especially when things get a little hairy.

(05-09-2009 12:00 AM)senjuro Wrote: Is it the one to get through a campaign without any friendly fire?

Actually, I did all the work for my team to get that achivement. Basically have 1 person run it and one person watching that guy just in case of he is grabbed or something. I was the runner, made it all the way through. Just told the other two to go and jump of a building or something or let the infected kill them. :P

But yet, not that one, its much harder then that.
The Mod Squad
The OCA
Barf Bagged? All 4 Dead?