Join our server on Discord

Physics fans, come here!
I didn't know where this would belong but it's been pondering me for a while now.

The Scenario:
There is a brick in a very radioactive area.
Given that Radioactivity is a form of energy and energy can be used to convert mass, Is it possible for the brick to be turned into lead, by using the radiation's energy to seperate the Electrons, Neutrons and Protons to form Lead atoms?

In this case, we are also ignoring how much energy we would need to make this happen and how much we will produce as i only want to know if it is at all possible
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I don't know, you probably need enough power to destroy a universe it doesn't matter if its small or large it would require immense energy, unbuilding and rebuilding it, I suppose by rebuilding it you could make anything you wanted, from a brick of lead to a brick of platinum. Then again i'm saying it so its just a guess...
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
The whole idea basically revolves around the theory that all matter consists of the same neutrons, protons and electrons and Elements are merely different combinations of these.

Can anyone disprove this? I haven't taken physics past GCSE (highschool) level so i'm not sure.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Its like lego on an atomic scale give someone instructions and they can make something, leave out the instructions and you can still make something it'll just be different.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
We can use a LHC to break these apart but reassembling them is a completely different ball game. Theres more to an atom than just protons, neutrons and electrons. We have things like quarks and this mysterious higgs gibson particle that we know nothing of. This is some serious quantom mechanics here. With the amount of energy given off by the splitting of the atoms they're may not be the same products to refuse them element, once split they may have started their half life.

Besides the brick is stationary, in the LHC they speed the molucules up to assist in splitting them, I think we'd have the same problem as paper, possible but the level at which they split and the level that it goes freaky explodey shit on us is far too close.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz