Join our server on Discord

Music is my medicine!
Does anybody have an idea on how to convince a teacher that music actually helps instead of hindering my work?

I've already tried getting a test done, and tried to get a psychiatrists' note.
O.o.....
Your problem is the same as mine...
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
There are probably scientific papers you can find on google scholar about how some classical music increases activity in certain portions of the brain... not sure about other genres of music. > >
There's actually been quite a few studies, none I can link to off the top of my head. But they all pose the same basic principal. As long as you aren't distracted by the music, classical music will help your brain relax and thus absorb knowledge better.

Also since the theory tends to state: "as long as the music isn't distracting" to you, I pose that any type of music you feel esthetically pleasing can carry the same result as Classical music does. For me I use to study with Metallica cranked in my headphones, metal doesn't distract me as it may others so I had no problem relaxing while I studied. I've never got less than an "A" on a test in my high school years (when I started getting into the metal genre).

Carry on.
I can actually vouch for this. Not on a studying perspective, but as a calming effect.

When I was learning how to drive, I had to learn on this dirt back road, with deep culverts on either side, and my brother leading in his truck. I was so nervous I was shaking. I had my dad pop in Metallica's Black Album, and it calmed me down enough to focus on driving instead of how I might drive into a 20-foot deep ditch or into the back of my brother's truck.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
You're best bet is dependent on getting a note from a music therapist/psychologist. They are the only one's that can let you know. I think on the perspective of the student if its not ear drum bleeding loud, and loud enough for only the student to hear it then it should be allowed during a test. Case studies have proven the use of music to help calm and collect ideas. I am normally listening to music whenever I can. My suggestion is to do a test with students in your school. A project you will. Make them have a test instead of a survey, compile the data of at least a minimum of 100 kids, one with and one without and a steady group. I.E talk to your teacher about getting the grades for the exam. So you have something to work with. From that if they don't find your data conclusive, bring it up at the board meetings at school. If that doesn't work bring it up to your guidance counselor. If that doesn't work, go to a superintendents level. After that start petitioning and etc. Then use internet and media.

Try and bring it up in a board meeting. You would be surprised with what they might say. :)
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Most of the people have the same problem.
In your brain the limbic system is the part that tell you what is pleasurable. Music gives you pleasure and so your brain is convincing the receptors for learning that you need the music. This is the same thing the limbic system does to alcoholics and those who use other drugs. Your teachers know that music is a distraction and that is why they do not allow it.
I have same problem.

Hi, I can link to off the top of my head. But they all pose the same basic principal. As long as you aren't distracted by the music, classical music will help your brain relax and thus absorb knowledge better.