Join our server on Discord

"Can you love what isn't real?" Lonely Werewolf/Ray the Backlasher
"Uh-huh! Now I got clothes to sleep in, clothes to go out in, clothes to jog in..." Cassy said, squeaking at the cute clothes. "And shooooes!"

Ray handed his card in for his characters' purchases and it was all cleared. They were put into bags and boxes, which Prowler carried.

"Thank you, Mizuki. Shall I carry your things for you?" The wolf asked Mika's characters thoughtfully, giving Prowl a look that said I will eviscerate you.

Prowl grimaced at Giro widely, playfully.

Giro turned to face Mika's characters again. He had noticed that Mizuki no longer looked at him directly, it was as if he had said something to offend her. He knew that smile. It was the same fake smile he used back home. He remembered it well.

[3 days prior, trenches]

They were surrounded. There was no way to fight back without losing good men. Giro had his back against the dirt, breathing harshly as one of his armored soldiers poured water in his muzzle.

"Commander Lucian- Commander Lucian!" The soldier cried. "What do we do Commander? They have us surrounded! We're going to die!"

"Y-you're not going to die-" The wolf growled, taking his helmet off and tossing it aside, a fake grin plastered on his muzzle. "We're not going to lose. I'll cut through the front line. On my signal, fall back and regroup. We will return tomorrow to claim v-victory." Giro said shakily, getting up, his knees buckling.

"But- but Commander... you're heavily wounded-" The soldier stuttered. "And those bastards are doing something to make you heal slower-"

With a small, fake smile, Giro thumped the man on the shoulder. "Are you underestimating your Commander? I'm fine- I. WON'T. LET. YOU. DIE." He growled, and leaped out of the trenches onto a battalion of cavaliers, discarding his metal torso armor so he was shirtless save for his armorpads. He knew that they had no chance of surviving this battle. Unlike other enemies, these enemies had focused on weakening Giro, who was the most powerful force in his army. With him weakened, his men would be open to attacks.

"Come on!!" Giro roared, ripping spears out of their hands, and throwing it at people in the distance, hitting mages that were somehow keeping him from regenerating. They went down, and his wounds started slowly healing again. He gave his men one last fake smile to give them confidence before more spears came at him from all sides. "DO- YOU CALL THAT- A LUNGE!? RARRRRRGH!!" He roared in pain. As they pierce his body, he is warped to Ray's realm.

He woke up on Ray's balcony, drenched in other people's blood, his own washing in the rain. Without the mages holding his regenerative powers back, his wounds had healed completely. He went inside, and met Cassy and Prowl, who were giving him genuine smiles.

[Present, Mall]

Without saying anything, Giro took Mizuki's hand with his large paw, instead of her usually taking his. He gazed into her eyes with his serene golden ones softly, as if saying you can tell me anything. You don't have to trust me, but if I hurt you, I couldn't forgive myself.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Can you love what isn't real?" Lonely Werewolf/Ray the Backlasher - by Frisk E. Coyote - 06-14-2009, 11:31 PM