Join our server on Discord

"Can you love what isn't real?" Lonely Werewolf/Ray the Backlasher
"Aw I eat the same thing everyday anyways! I'm not too keen on change, and I save a lot more that way. I might as well spend some money on my guys..." Ray explained as he rubbed the back of his head. "I mean... I created them, so its kinda like... I'm their dad." He said embarassedly.

"You are NOT my dad." Prowl stated bluntly. "My dad was the greatest guy I knew, and he's dead. But hey, thanks for the Pocky!" He raised a box of strawberry Pocky as if giving a toast, opened it, and stuck one in his muzzle.

"Yeah... sorry about that, totally my fault." Ray apologized profusely. "Its the orphaned hero cliche, you know?" He grimaced.

"Yeah!" Cassy giggled as she licked a lollipop suggestively. "Mmm..."

"She sort of needs it too," Ray explained, "She was taken in by Area51 and they messed around with her body. Her ability to make glucose was screwed up and she has to take in sugar manually... and that gives her lots of energy, so she's hyper a lot."

"Dead on!" Cassy cheered. "God, I'm not supposed to be happy about that!"

"Aw shucks, you're the hostess! It wouldn't be nice of me to make you sit on the floor alone!" Ray laughed. "I'll sit beside you! I'm used to sitting on the floor from the times I customized some Remote Control Cars!" He said and scooted over beside her. He then looked over at Giro, who had moved so there would be space for Ray beside him, but moved back when Ray decided he'd sit on the floor. "Hey there big guy, how're the animal crackers?"

"They are as I have remembered them. Thank you." Giro replied silently.

"That's great! You sure? You're great? You're fine?" Ray asked.

"I am content. Why do you concern yourself over me?" The wolf asked curiously, suspicious.

"Well, you're important." Was all Ray replied.

"...In what way?" Giro narrowed his eyes at the boy suspiciously.

Ray covered his mouth. He said it wrong! He knew he couldn't lie to the wolf. Giro could tell if anyone was lying simply by listening to their heartbeats, and Ray knew how dangerous this creature really was. He had to choose his words carefully.

"Well, you see... I was hoping you could do me a favor after this..." Ray started, twiddling his fingers, fidgeting a little.

Giro's bored eyes stayed on him, but he said nothing.

"I know you're talented. Very talented. In more than one area even. I know how Illiria exploited your skills because she was a perfectionist, and because of that perfectionist, she could only accept the best from you. Remember that?" Ray reminded him calmly. Illiria was a powerful, dominant, lustful and wrathful sorceress. She created Giro to be her 'Knight', but he came out wrong, and she somehow blamed him for it.

Giro said nothing, but he averted his eyes. He didn't want anyone to look into them and find out his inner workings. He was a complex character who was created as a weapon to slaughter and destroy. His very personality was somewhat of a mystery, and his mind, his emotions, were clouded even to the most powerful of psychics. He did remember Illiria, the punishment she gave him for not doing what he was told to do 'good enough'. She wanted entertainment, so he was forced to learn how to entertain. He learned how to act, how to juggle, how to dance... singing was a trademark of his race, the Wolborgs, who were all born with hauntingly beautiful singing voices, though they only sang to their friends or loved ones. She forced him to howl and sing for her at least once a week. His juggling, acting, and dancing were impressive, but they did not meet her standards. She broke his arms when he didn't juggle perfectly, she broke his legs when his dancing didn't interest her, and she whipped him when his acting didn't amuse her. Most of all, she loved his voice, and he hated singing for someone he didn't love. Music was life to Wolborgs, and being used like that was a disgrace. Being used as a weapon was one thing, but to sing was another. Of course, he improved his other talents, and learned many more. Cooking, balancing, cleaning, forging, using various musical instruments, and even various forms of literature and art.

"What do you want?" Giro asked without looking at him, his eyes on the TV.

"Well... I was hoping to... expose you to the public. Actually, I want to put you on TV!" Ray said. Oh the money Giro could make!

"You assume that because you bought me Animal Crackers, it would be enough to bribe me? That I, who refused gold, luxury and pleasure to betray a kingdom, would sell my own SOUL for Animal Crackers?" Giro asked, growling deeply.

"Well... yeah." Ray reasoned.

Giro was silent for a moment. "Damn it, you're right." He muttered. He ate the Animal Crackers. The Code of the Wolborg made it so he was obliged to return a favor.

Ray laughed. He read Giro like a book! "It won't be anything embarrassing, I promise. We don't have to talk about it right now." The boy assured him. "Hmm... I'm not going to... but I wonder how much furries would pay to meet an actual Anthropomorphic Wolf? As long as they don't touch his privates, I don't think he'll mind meeting some fans." He thought to himself.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Can you love what isn't real?" Lonely Werewolf/Ray the Backlasher - by Frisk E. Coyote - 03-02-2009, 11:47 PM