Join our server on Discord

Is it me? Or is people over clouded with emotions?
Before i begin this topic i would like you all to know i prevented my mom from leaving today. For that reason this is why i am bringing up this subject/Topic, So please if you can don't post how stupidly horible your life is. Yeah i remember those who did before. No i don't intend to kill myself either. Wanted to clear that up before any war broke out.

Damn.....

Anyway. Let me get back on topic. I am a person that doesn't really care at all unless it is something i can handle. If its issues that's normally your problem. But something happened two days ago that makes me ponder "Why?" Down here in the south, there are more family's divorced than anything else. But my family should be different. Well that's what i was told. Well my mom has raised me all good and well. She raised me to be better than what most ass holes turn out to be. Well she cant help with her own advise. "Ryan Never get angry at people. Though you can be just don't inflict hopelessness on yourself."

Oh man i forgot to explain. Sorry.

Okay. It was Monday. The day started off normal. Mother angry at Chris and dad. Because they are "Quote "Lazy bastards" I thought it was an average day. But then in the middle of it something happened. I don't know who started it. But my Mom and Chris and my Dad where having one of those "Argument/fights." After of two hours sitting on the porch freezing my ass off. I came back in to see my mom staying calm as ever. So i thought nothing happened. But then about 1:20 am i over heard a conversation between her and my grandma. She told my grandma in exact words

"I told Beth (My sis) that i was going to go on a walk and never come back" When i heard this i wanted to punch the table and walk away but i just sat there and listened. Well at 2:00 am i came out of my room and saw my mom finishing her booze (Even when drunk she remembers everything) i asked her this.

"Is there anything i can say that can change your mind?" She looked at me puzzling. (Go figure)

"About what sweetie?"

"About you leaving..." When i said this she explained that it wouldn't be normal if she stayed and i said this.

"So what? I have been through the same changes and I don't think you have any clue how this will effect me if you leave. Mom You told me once to not let emotions over rule my body. I don't even know what the meaning of emotion is. But if you leave i think i will know what it means."

I explained to her that everything in life happens. If you want to keep what you say a fact start doing what you say. Well i didn't think it worked. But when i woke up she was still there. All day.

Have any of you ever have this happened to you? Its a painful thing to hear but an easy thing to fix.

"I thank you god for giving me this this that allows me to help people"
The short answer is that you're right and your mom/rest of family is wrong. The longer answer is yes, people get over-emotional about things that don't matter, especially mothers, my own mother included. If she told you not to be like that, to keep things in perspective, she should've been listening to her own advice.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
(01-01-2009 01:41 AM)Wisemon Wrote: The short answer is that you're right and your mom/rest of family is wrong. The longer answer is yes, people get over-emotional about things that don't matter, especially mothers, my own mother included. If she told you not to be like that, to keep things in perspective, she should've been listening to her own advice.

Thank you. Some one that understands me! I tried explaining that to my sis and its the same response. Ah well.
Everyone is clouded with emotions to a degree, logic determines how little emotion clouds you. I for one, am admittably and extremely noticably, clouded with unrelenting rage and anger. Usually the cloud of emotions is specific to a single emotion, however these emotions also help better humans as a whole, so they cannot be abandoned unless humanity wants to halt their advancements in technology.
(01-01-2009 02:18 AM)Raze the Judgement Wrote: Everyone is clouded with emotions to a degree, logic determines how little emotion clouds you. I for one, am admittedly and extremely noticably, clouded with unrelenting rage and anger. Usually the cloud of emotions is specific to a single emotion, however these emotions also help better humans as a whole, so they cannot be abandoned unless humanity wants to halt their advancements in technology.

That's because your human. Humans are out ranked with a limit of anger each and everyone has. The more angry one is the angrier the other will be. Its a understatement that's also a well proven fact.
(01-01-2009 03:42 AM)RyanCruey Wrote: That's because your human. Humans are out ranked with a limit of anger each and everyone has. The more angry one is the angrier the other will be. Its a understatement that's also a well proven fact.

That would only be the truth if humans always lashed out at each other when they're pissed. Some have good sense to keep it in them and get rid of it in their own way.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Thanks for the spelling fix Ryan. Also, I wans't focusing on anger as an emotion that's just me. I've seen people clouded with Shyness, Sadness, a sense of inability most of all. I've also seen people clouded with happiness, these are what people call "dumb blondes".
I for one, have been trying to suppress my anger, has anyone noticed or am I failing as terribly as I thought I was?
Quote:I've seen people clouded with Shyness, Sadness, a sense of inability most of all. I've also seen people clouded with happiness, these are what people call "dumb blondes".
The ones clouded by shyness or sadness are tougher to detect, but I've seen them too. Many of them are engineers like myself. My boss in particular, I know he's that type, but he wants everyone to think he's okay or just irritated on the outside. Many of these people become alcoholics, though they'd like to be known as enthusiasts.

You can say the fake blondes are mostly putting up the happiness cloud, but I don't think you can say that about all blondes.

Quote:I for one, have been trying to suppress my anger, has anyone noticed or am I failing as terribly as I thought I was?
I think you do okay with it. As long as you're rational with your anger, I don't think anyone here will (or should) get offended.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
"Dumb blondes" being a title not actually being blonde people all the time. Also, thanks Wise. ^.^