Join our server on Discord

My Rena art attempt
I'm not much of an artist but I decided to make an attempt at drawing Renamon its not great, but for having never drawn her before I don't think I did too bad.

Sketch
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff47/...nRocks.jpg

Colored
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff47/...loured.jpg

Inked(I think this looks really cool)
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff47/...cksInk.jpg

so what do you think?
Photobucket
Renamon's Army
Other than needing to pay attention to details(her leg on the amp looks too 2-D, try making it look a little more real), it looks really good. Not too shabby for a first attempt.

Keep it up!
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
You're best in my opinion is the ink. But not bad got to say for a first attempt its not that bad. Keep it up and use posemaniacs, google the word and it will help you with form and depth of character. ^^

The name is Azu Gabu, nice to meet you ;3
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated cause I don't really know any kind of drawing technicians or tricks
Photobucket
Renamon's Army
I'd have to disagree with you Gabu, but i think the inked just looks a messy job...the colored version is probably the best, even if it lacks shadow or shading. But besides that AND apart from the fact you didn't take the time to ink in the pencil lines Solivagus, it is a really good colouring job!

And with the gloves i think some creases around the elbow joint area of them would bring out their '3D'ness as it were.

Overall, a nice piece of work, hope you keep at it!
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
(12-18-2008 04:39 AM)Guilmon and a shotgun Wrote: I'd have to disagree with you Gabu, but i think the inked just looks a messy job...the colored version is probably the best, even if it lacks shadow or shading. But besides that AND apart from the fact you didn't take the time to ink in the pencil lines Solivagus, it is a really good colouring job!

And with the gloves i think some creases around the elbow joint area of them would bring out their '3D'ness as it were.

Overall, a nice piece of work, hope you keep at it!

Well its more of the fact its the best composition piece. The fact that it is so messy moves your eyes around both negative and positive spaces. ^^

Whenever you need any advise feel free to ask :) *Blushes*
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I didn't like the ink, because it looks like it's a Photoshop filter (I assume it is anyhow) but it feels like a filter and not an actual ink.

Nice image though, comments on the legs have been made of course, I think the whole image has a good clean feel, though it deviates stylistically from the show (which is not meant to be an insult!).

Good job.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
(12-19-2008 03:02 AM)The Reclaimer Wrote: I didn't like the ink, because it looks like it's a Photoshop filter (I assume it is anyhow) but it feels like a filter and not an actual ink.

Nice image though, comments on the legs have been made of course, I think the whole image has a good clean feel, though it deviates stylistically from the show (which is not meant to be an insult!).

Good job.
It is a filter. I was just playing around with Photoshop cause I just bought it, I posted it cause I thought it looked pretty cool.
Photobucket
Renamon's Army