Join our server on Discord

Screwed Over
I'm pretty certain that I was screwed over at the time I was most vulnerable.

I am currently attending Westwood College in Upland, CA, and a few weeks ago, I stumbled upon news that is starting to reveal its true colors.

I was enrolled in Westwood back around the same time in 2006, not even two months after I was nearly arrested for shooting scare rumors spread around about me. Back then, I didn't know anything about the world, literally. Due to the fear that I was more dangerous than the shooters of Columbine *Caused by years of being the victim of countless beatings and isolation, which also caused the shooting scare rumors* I wasn't even allowed to use a computer. Right after the incident, I was practically forced to look around at different schools, something I wasn't ready for at the time. The only College that would accept me was Westwood. None of the others would accept me due to my hellish school history and my less than average score in Algebra *Despite the fact that I scored in the exceptional range in every other category.*

I was naive at the time, and despite the fact that I was always focused in the schoolwork and that I was a straight A student *Graduated high school despite all the countless beatings with a GPA of 3.8*, most of the teachers were just not teaching. When it came to my algebra classes, I was supposed to get tutoring for that, but the staff didn't bother to arrange it until nearly 20 weeks after I had requested it *And near daily pestering*. Even then, the tutoring was less than dismal; even though I asked for help, the teacher didn't do anything but give me a ticker tape response.

It went downhill from there. Most of the teachers didn't even teach; one in particular only showed us cheap powerpoint presentations and barely had the drive to enunciate half of the words. Another teacher gave me shit because I didn't bother to remember her name, as if her name was more important than the class itself *And it is a fact that I do have problems with remembering people's names*

my major at this school is Game Art, and yet, with the high price tag on this school *$72,000*, they refuse to supply us with anything actually useful. No Adobe programs, no drawing tablets, no nothing. Even the books are useless. most of them I've never even used once.

I've even spent the last year and a half trying to find a job, yet no one is accepting my applications. I've gone to their career development several times a day for help, and every time I step in, it's like I'm meeting them for the first time. Every time I try to get help, I'm about halfway through with filling out the paperwork when suddenly the person I'm with has to step out for a minute and never comes back.

It pains me at the same time to have to say this. Some of the teachers shouldn't even be working there; why aren't they at a better school? So far I've had two teachers at this school who validate the 72K my parents are sacrificing and then some. one of them even fought the system for however long we've been there on trying to get them to supply us with some of the programs like 3DS Max or Maya or Adobe, and from both of them I've learned a ton from just one class session.

Now that I can see some of the truer colors of this school, I've been looking around to try and find reviews or certifications about this school, yet anything professional is nonexistant, and almost all of the student reviews are horrible.

I really want to hear from other people about this. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place right now; on one hand I could risk wasting the next 2 years of my life on this crap school and waste my parents money even more, or I can quit, risk my past coming back, save the money, and learn what I need to by myself.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Stick with it and try to learn by yourself. Also try doing a school search agian... Maby you'll find a better school.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
Shit, the tech school I go to is about to start up a Game program, I've been there for almost 5 years (changed my major three years in, at my almost completetion of my first program) and I've spent maybe $10,000, my teachers for the most part are great and the facilities rock. Try looking to a tech school, you may be suprised at what you find.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
That's my problem. No other school will accept me because of my extremely jaded and violent history, or because I still suck at Algebra.

I've decided that I am going to sit down and talk to my parents about it. I'll tell them about the truth about this school, send them the reviews, and get a job to pay off all the debt. The problem I have is that so much has gone into this for almost nothing. It's going to be hard facing my parents about that, especially since we barely get along as it is.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
You should've toured the school before you signed on. You also should've gotten your record cleared before applying since there was no evidence. I really don't have any good advice for what you should do now, but I agree; you're quite stuck.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Do what I originly said but add in the cleariing of your record.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
Well my friend I would agree with the rest of them and you are quite stuck at the moment. I have almost no good advise for you that is relevant to your situation at the moment.

The only things I can say are thus: you are smart and you know this, you need to practice at algebra very badly if you still suck in collage, do not stop at whatever you need to do to get out of that fucking school and into life, and BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! *chops off some random guys head off in the forum*
Only insane people think they are sane. And all the people who think they are sane, are in denial and you are deluding yourself in your insanity and only insane people are that delusional.
[Image: Khornee.jpg]
Haven't seen you in forever Khorne...anyways on topic I have to agree with their plan, including Khornes little add-on. I'll be in the same place as you in about a year and a half so tell me how it goes.