Join our server on Discord

Starship troopers.
I've just been thinking while I was reading the Previous movie thread of what everyone else thought of this movie and how it compares to its sequels and the book?

The first was in my opinion the best it had the most money put into it, £100,000,000 I beleive.

Number 2 was the cheapest at around £15-£20 million, didn't like it cheap with low amounts of animation.

The newest one, number 3 - Marauder was more than number 2 but i'm not sure how much. lots of animation but not as much as the 1st.

If anyone has seen the film(s) and read the book how do they compare?
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Aliens rip-off, only good for the minute where Dina Meyers is topless.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I don't know about the movies, but something that is hardly based on the books at all (at least I think so) is the Starship Troopers Roughneck Chronicles TV show, and it's pretty cool.

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
I heard about a Tv show never looked for it though, i'll see what its like.

Wise ,Aliens was released 1979 and the novel which its based on was released 1959, plus I found this in wiki.

Quote:The 1986 James Cameron movie Aliens incorporated themes and phrases right out of the novel such as the terms "the drop" and "bug hunt" as well as the cargo-loader exoskeleton. The actors playing the Colonial Marines were also required to read Starship Troopers as part of their training prior to filming.
"How did Mary Die?"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
I grabbed one of the DVDs for the TV show for $3 at big lots. It was fun!

Believe in yourself! Not you who believe in me, not me, who believes in you.
Believe in you, who believes in yourself!
- Kamina of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Quote:I heard about a Tv show never looked for it though, i'll see what its like.

Wise ,Aliens was released 1979 and the novel which its based on was released 1959, plus I found this in wiki.

Quote:
The 1986 James Cameron movie Aliens incorporated themes and phrases right out of the novel such as the terms "the drop" and "bug hunt" as well as the cargo-loader exoskeleton. The actors playing the Colonial Marines were also required to read Starship Troopers as part of their training prior to filming.

Oh, I didn't know Starship Troopers was a novel. It still doesn't make the movie good, just slightly more respectable.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I know i've been looking for the novel, but i can't find a copy of it, but yeah the novel probably is better and the movie probably inspired by aliens.
"How did Mary Die?"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions