Join our server on Discord

Introduction to Romantic Metal
Just for those that haven't noticed a shift from Classic Metal from the day's of the 80's where it was born and the mainstream came from out of the blue several bands that tried to mix something old. I mean something that's been around for decades, and that is classical instruments.

For those of you that do know Metalicca tried to do this with an introduction of adding a full Symphonic orchestra in the mid 90's which I think people enjoyed. Adding a new contrast to elements in previous metal bands of their time that has used violin's, stand up bass's, flute's, ocarina's and etc. Metal music is always changing and its something I have thoroughly enjoyed through my many years of listening to it.

Romantic Metal (Is a name that should be given to poetic music genre, which I explain later on) should be music that exemplifies actual playing of classical instruments in the traditional metal style that seems to be expressing a mood. One of those examples is a band named Apocalytica and for those of you that don't know is a group of typical looking metal heads creating some of the most kick ass Romantic Metal I have heard so far. And I could name a few others but not to complicate the matter I will stick with this one.

The reason Why I call it Romantic Metal, because the addition of Cello's to the sound of the rugged way that Metallica played and is still playing its music, sounds so more freeing and plays on the human heart strings more then the symbolic metal bands of its respective time. "Romantic", is a period of great change and expression within music just like it was back in classical. I enjoy the fact that Metal is adapting into something that would have been considered taboo with the creation of itself 3 decades ago. Please understand I know there is a myriad ways that Metal has gone and its been one of the most adaptive out of all the genre's in music (Their are more but its one of the most versatile) save one, which of course is Pop Music.

I have listened to this poetic version of Nothing Else Matters for an hour now straight and the funny thing is I cannot get sick of it. The four cellists are just incredible. Their tone, their expression, the way they fluidly bring their music to some plateau that I cannot even grasp makes my ears beg for more. Your ears deserve to definitely give a listen to it and I will showcase another song by them at a later date, just would like for you all to hear something that has made my heart melt.

So here it is. Apocalytica's version of a Metallica's world famous song "Nothing Else Matters." Romantic Metal at its loveliest. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTozgoj9OQ

Hope you did enjoy them and I hope the actual video links on here because I don't know how to do that, so if it did Great! If not, tell me how to fix it :P Thank you and enjoy!~

(Feel free to critique and express the way you feel after listening to this. )
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Apocalyptica isn't love metal which is actual genre. HIM is. Band isn't romantic just by playing cello or other old instruments.

They're both Finnish too.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
Huh. Really? HiM is much better then My Chemical Romance. Even if they have a freaking heart-a-gram. I did think "I Don't Care" was pretty good.
(11-28-2008 06:27 PM)MISTER BIG T Wrote: Apocalyptica isn't love metal which is actual genre. HIM is. Band isn't romantic just by playing cello or other old instruments.

They're both Finnish too.

I beg to disagree considering the style of their music, is from a similar period of music like the Romantic era back in classical. HIM bearing I listen to them more often and dissect their sound, isn't Romantic Metal nor Metal in my opinion. More of an Aggressive Hard Alternative.

The reason why I label them as Romantic is the core sound of the typical "Metal Band" has been metamorphosed into it by the inclusion of a rare instrument. Multiple cellos with the progressive inventive way they incorporate old with the new has a poetic and very emotive sound to it. Their music has a melodic feel with its multiple harmonies trapped in the essence of a quiet rhythmical scheme is one of the reasons why I do think they are.

As for they are Finnish that's cool.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds