Join our server on Discord

The Peak of Horrific games
Now, this may just be me getting soft...but i am really starting to literally fear playing my games, due to the amount of gore/horror/violence in them. And i'm not talking seriously scary stuff like Dead Space, i mean games you'd expect 13 year old's to "buy".

Recently i bought the PC game STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, and i was adiment that it would be a good old action type FPS mixed in with Diablo. I'm now too afraid to play it on my own. Why? Because i'm now on a mission where i must retrieve some military documents or something from a dark basement, containing mutated radioactive anomalies which are invisible and are throwing barrels at me. My weapon (The rifle produced after the AK47 to replace it) keeps jamming and the door i have to get through has some form of scary monster on the other end trying to bash down the door.

Just a One Off you might say? A few days ago i bought Saints Row 2, and again I've seen some really nasty stuff that freaks me out. For example [spoilers from now on] in one mission, the leader of The Brotherhood's face is injected with radioactive tattoo ink (consequently burning his face up) and later on his tattoo artist has his arm burned up by a firework. You, as a character, are doing both of the above in the missions AND can also chainsaw realistic people IN HALF or slice and dice them with a samurai sword OR crash a helicopter into them (theoretically, i have yet to acquire a chopper and experiment)

And so i ask: Are we at the peak of video game gore/horror/violence or do you think it's going to get worse? or is it just that I'm being a coward?
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Coward.

I have seen and played just as bad, if not worse. It's best to desensitize your self to graphic violence if you want to wear the big-boy pants.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
That's nothing, Dividead had mutilated dog with an eyeball carved out and tons of people dying in gruesome fashion. That game was made ages ago.

Harvester has baby's eyeballs slowly fall out and they're pushed back in with spray of blood. And the "daddy scene" is seriously the most fucked up thing ever made in history of gaming.

Gabriel Knight has bird skinned, twitching and screaming in pool of own blood and feathers.

And if you want even bigger extremes, play Dooms by me. Any part will do. 2nd has girl's pussy mutilated with a saw. 3rd has little girl carry around severed head while eating an eyeball. In 4th, first thing you fight is bear raping disembowled toddler. Later, you fight against skyscraper sized veiny pussy in clown outfit. I think Dooms4 may be rawest game ever made.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
You can mock Mr T, but unlike you i don't LIKE "horror gore splat your dead cuz i'm insane" sort of games...i mean i like my games because I get to kill things in the usual way, sort of "Bang you're dead because thats my role in this game".

Stalker has that element, but it also has the horror element which i don't like...Saints row 2, again good game but still some pretty gruesome shit...

And yes you can say i'm a coward, but i prefer the title "he who chooses what he wants to do". I'd rather not be known as a guy who will do anything to prove himself.
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Please don't call me Mr.T I ain't black man with mohawk.

I do anything but not for reason you mentioned...

Damn man, go check out Gears for a Chainsaw bayonette and curb stomping goodness!
I personally like Call Of Duty 3. It isn't as gruesome and violent as the above mentioned games, but, when you turn a corner and get fucking jumped by a Nazi, you can't help but shit a brick.

Especially when it happens, and you were positive you cleared the area. Gotta L1-R1 your way to freedom, then triangle him in the head before he tries to choke you with his rifle again!

Shellshock: 'Nam '67 is pretty nasty, too. You can almost smell the decaying bodies. And the booby traps are extremely well hidden. I kept walking on them. >_<

I don't play games strictly for the vomit-inducing factor. It's gotta be balanced with action and strategy. I'm not gonna spend good money on a game just because a guy gets ripped in half by a corn thresher. There's gotta be bullets flying and a clock ticking for it to get my attention.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(11-24-2008 05:09 PM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: I personally like Call Of Duty 3. It isn't as gruesome and violent as the above mentioned games, but, when you turn a corner and get fucking jumped by a Nazi, you can't help but shit a brick.

Especially when it happens, and you were positive you cleared the area. Gotta L1-R1 your way to freedom, then triangle him in the head before he tries to choke you with his rifle again!

Say, why can't I play as a nazi instead of american or english?

Well, if it's any consolation, you can play as a Japanese Soldier in the new Call Of Duty, I think.

Oh, and you don't just play as American and English. You also play as Canadian and *snicker* a Polish Tank pilot.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
News on the coward front: Ghostiemon helped me complete the mission on Stalker, and no more do i have to be frightened of it...although now the military are being dicks.

Honestly Mr BIG T (hopefully you won't have any complaints about that now), i think that some of the mutants in Stalker are justifiably frightening, for example there is a humanoid which has a gasmask welded to it's face and moves around on all fours, legs spread wide and jumps at you. If thats not frightening, then i'd regret seeing your ideal multicultural society.
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds