Join our server on Discord

Possibility Of A New Board In The RPG Section?
Hey everyone. Now um, this is just a suggestion to the mods and all so, its ok if its not done. But I was thinking: how about we add a new board to the RPG section where people can create private "Public" thread roleplays? I've seen this in other forums and it works out well and is fun. You see with all of the boards up right now-basically anyone can join in at anytime during a RP as long as they post their character info (Which can get really confusing). But with a private-public thread, only a pre-set amount of users can RP in that thread. For example, say I wanted to start a RP up-but I only wanted a total of 1-3 other people to join in on the RP. The first 1-3 users to contact me and say that they wanted to join in would get the spots, and no other users can join in. This way nobody can join in the middle of a already started RP, and there can only be a small number of people so the RP is manageable. I think its fun to watch about 2 or 3 people do a roleplay. Well that's my suggestion, tell me what you think. I know that people do this in the "Other RP's" section-but I think it should have its own section in the regular "RPG's" board
We have that. It's called OTHER RPGS.

That's where you go if you want to RP with a select group of people.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
(11-19-2008 02:53 PM)Cowboy From Hell Wrote: We have that. It's called OTHER RPGS.

That's where you go if you want to RP with a select group of people.
Ah, ok thanks
Actually, that's a half truth from what I read so far. Other RPGs is supposed to be a place where you can promote your RPGs on another forum/place on the web (Even MSN or any other IM); however, with a few people starting to make private RPGs with only some selected individuals (Key word: Selected), I decided it was a good thing to allow people to start these private RPGs I later named "Twin/Dual RPGs" as default, thus you have the second function of the Other RPG's pad.

Still, this part caught me:

Quote:For example, say I wanted to start a RP up-but I only wanted a total of 1-3 other people to join in on the RP. The first 1-3 users to contact me and say that they wanted to join in would get the spots, and no other users can join in.

I've done it before. I think it was in the Breath of Fire-like RPG. I gave six (and only six) places to be taken, and I did not select people, they just came in by themselves. I did this in the Straight RPGs pad so you can check by yourself.

What you are talking about here, Yasha, is of a restricted RPG that has only so many positions to be filled by the first one that comes (First come first served?). This is allowed, never would be restricted, and you may do it in any of the present pads (Including Other RPGs).

Conclussion? We don't need a new pad, since you can start any thread anywhere in the RPG zone (Traditional, Yaoi, Yuri, Straight, Fetish, Mixed or Other) and write in your first post "This RPG only has # of entries left!" so people will know when they can/can't join. Feel free to use any of the pads to do this, the amount of people allowed in is free to choose by your own accord.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Im gonna lock this topic if no one else has any input and believe otherwise, I will give this topic a week. I agree, their is enough places to RP what you please here, just as long as you use the right section.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds