Join our server on Discord

Alice's Restaurant
Seeing as we're but twelve days away from that magical day known in America as Thanksgiving, where everyone sits down with friends and family, voices what they're thankful for this year, and have a meal that can't be beat, I felt I should post this:

http://www.arlo.net/resources/lyrics/alices.shtml

An 18-minute long song about an adventure two hippies had involving garbage, the police, a red Volkswagen Microbus, rakes, shovels, and other implements of destruction, and the subsequent 27 Eight By Ten glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one describing what they are.

The reason why this thread is here, is because, in 12 days, me and my dad will be traveling to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. It's funny, because, I feel that that might happen during that magical day. Replace the two hippies with two greasy rednecks, the red VW Microbus with a white GMC Vandura, and Alice with my Aunt. But that's not why.

The reason why I posted this seemingly long-winded thread is to see what the rest of you guys are thankful for. Some of us might not have much, but, feel free to post it here.

I'm thankful for y'all. Y'all kick ass, your insights and thoughts are stimulating, and you guys are fun.

I'm also thankful for Ray The Backlasher and Kyuubi No Kitsune. You guys are my best friends, even though I have never met you guys irl. Talking with you guys is the highpoint of my day.

I'm thankful for Duke, my German Shepherd. He's sweet, playful, and a bundle of energy. I'd never trade him for anything.

I'm thankful for dropping gas prices($1.78 a gallon w00t!). It may not last, but I'll take it.

I'm thankful for my dad, who, despite constantly bitching at me to get a jorb, he works hard to make up for my shitty childhood.

I'm thankful for this phone, because without this, I wouldn't be here.

I'm thankful for Psychotic Porcupine and Altima, for helping me get my art posted. Thanks guys.

Well, I'll shut up now. I'm sure you guys would be thankful for it.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Most folk tunes suck; that one's no exception.

Have fun on your Thanksgiving adventure; really, I mean it. In these tough economic times, it's good to be able to get what you can out of the simple things like having an aunt who will feed you. That's a fine thing for which to be thankful.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I've never once celebrated thanksgiving, neither Ireland nor the Philippines celebrate those events, but I'm thankful as well.

I am thankful for the DaD, and everyone on it. You make the boring routine of existence bearable.

I am thankful to Cowboy, Kyuubi no Kitsune, Kyuubi, Mar, Shadow, Matthew, Lonely Gabu, you guys, old friends and new, my bestest friends in the world, and Lazaforth (and his brother, Joshua. I miss you guys!)... for being my friends, RPing with me, talking to me, making me feel so much closer to you guys than I really am and overall just being awesome.

I am thankful to our artists and authors, working hard on their projects, involuntarily keeping the site activity up. There are so many of you, but you know who you are.

I am thankful for my tiny apartment, not as warm as it should be, but a sanctuary from the outside world nonetheless.

I am thankful for Wisemon. Cuz he's Wisemon. He can take Chuck Norris on any time!

I am thankful for my phone, and the pictures of my puppy, Dexter, it holds.

I am thankful for my parents, both 53 years of age and still working hard for me and my sister. (I'll get a job you guys! I swear!)

I am thankful for my schoolmates, who have tried to understand me and failed to do so, but try again anyway.

I am thankful for the internet, for bringing us all together.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
What is there to be thankful for...? Hmmmm...

I'm thankful for the Internet. That one's a given. =3

I'm thankful for the DaD and my happening to discover it. I can't even remember how I found this place...it's so strange, but I'm glad I did. =3

I'm thankful for Faiz and Ray the Backlasher. I think they're the coolest and they are great RPers. And I'm even more thankful for Faiz 'cause he always puts up with my instant messages.^^ He's a good friend to talk to.

I'm thankful for DMX as well, and his creativity, especially with Zanea's Tales. Keep it up, buddy!! XD

Even though she's no longer here, I'm still thankful for MagusKnight, another good friend to talk to.

I'm thankful for my intelligence.

And I'm especially thankful for my family. The best people to be around. =3

Oh, and I almost forgot: I'm thankful for the creators of Digimon and...

The Big Bad Rav who is a great competitor on those Forum Games. =3
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
I wanna thank my uhh... amount of patience and strong will for accomodating myself rather well at living alone after so many years of being spoiled; I don't have thanksgiving, but I'm glad you guys have it, eat a turkey for me! I've tried them once, and I love the taste!

Also, thanks to everyone playing Zanea's Tales 2, self-proclaimed best game of the DaD! And thanks to every RPer that contributes to the RPG zone everyday!

And that's pretty much what I'll say, since only a few weeks ago I hit 20k and thanked/commented on people!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
(11-17-2008 12:31 AM)Wisemon Wrote: Most folk tunes suck; that one's no exception.

Have fun on your Thanksgiving adventure; really, I mean it. In these tough economic times, it's good to be able to get what you can out of the simple things like having an aunt who will feed you. That's a fine thing for which to be thankful.

I might be thankful for people like Wise (and Zeph). Who are my friends. I'll think about the rest.
I'm also thankful for Senjy, Wolfy, Lord Patamon and Ghostie. Aside from being all-around nice guys, they worked hard to keep the DaD up and running.

I am thankful for Mr. Big T and Boss Reo, who're fun Admins and keep the place jumping!
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
(11-17-2008 09:25 AM)DragonMasterX Wrote: I wanna thank my uhh... amount of patience and strong will for accomodating myself rather well at living alone after so many years of being spoiled; I don't have thanksgiving, but I'm glad you guys have it, eat a turkey for me! I've tried them once, and I love the taste!

Also, thanks to everyone playing Zanea's Tales 2, self-proclaimed best game of the DaD! And thanks to every RPer that contributes to the RPG zone everyday!

And that's pretty much what I'll say, since only a few weeks ago I hit 20k and thanked/commented on people!
WHAT!?! You didn't thank for- Oh well...I'll give you a huge turkey for you anyways. xD

I'm thankful for almost everyone on the DaD especially Marrie<3 who help me and cheer me up whenever I'm down<3. And I hope you have a wonderful holiday Cowboy

I'm thankful for God, my family, and my other friends and real life friends*although they're high school friends I miss them though haven't talked to them in like years @_@;*.

I do hope that all the people get a home for their own so they can have shelter plus food and water so people won't get hungry. :(
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Im thankful that Im still alive and still yet to enjoy what life will bring.

Thankful for the many friends I have here and too many to name, and the site that is dear to my heart, without this site, I don't know where I would be.

Thankful to my family and friends in real life for keeping me going.

There would be too much to list but this site means a lot to me and the people in it make our oasis special. This is our place no one else's. So that i am more thankful that this place is still here for me and everyone else to enjoy. Thank you guys.
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
I feel really weird posting on here, I am well known to a few but not known to others.

I am thankful for this board, because it helped me find/accept/ and love the furry fandom

I am thankful to Tigerlily who constatly makes submissions for me and asks nothing in return. (Also the great advice she gives me one on one, I REALLY appreciate that)

I am thankful for Altima, although alot of us have alot of hatred towards him, he kept me involved, and although I do have my own griveances with him, without him I really wouldn't have stayed on this board.

I am thankful to Cowboy, for being an awesome friend, and a great roleplay idealist, your Ideas are always interesting and I love participating in them.

I am thankful for AWL, probably the one board member I talk to the most, thanks for all the great RP's and chatting, lots of fun :).

I am thankful for all the people who interact with me on this forum, i have never had a major problem with anyone, infact I really appreciate everything I do/see on this board.

I guess im just rambling now but I just feel like I don't belong on the boards, and that im also forgetting something.

Oh well it has to be what it has to be.
"You can't just do that..."

"Bitch please and tree"

"وليس هناك ما هو صحيح ، كل شيء مسموح به."
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz