Join our server on Discord

Left 4 Dead: Preview
I got my hands on the demo for the PC. Played it through like 5 times.

Here is what I have to say about it: The game kicks ass. What's more, it kicks YOUR ass!

Graphics: now the game calls for an Nvidia 6600, and I only have 6150. In order for the game to run properly, everything has to be toned down down down, so it doesn't really do the game any justice. After looking up top end videos, I can conclude that the game does have some pretty nice visuals, but nothing to the extent of Crysis. One thing you will value by far in this game is your flashlight, and light from anything else, even if it's a tiny 1-watt. When you're in the thick of darkness, it creeps in on you, and you pray that there's nothing on any of your sides. 4/5

Sound: Sound is very wicked. The infected make all sorts of weird noises that you learn very quickly to what breed it belongs to. You'll find yourself keeping dead quiet as you move forward, listening for even the smallest sounds, hoping there's nothing bad around the corner. 5/5

Control: I'm playing on the PC version for starters, so I don't know what the 360 feels. Anyone who has played a single game by Valve will be at home with the control scheme. 5/5

Gameplay: Now for the raw meat. Gameplay rocks, plain and simple. if you are a strict solo player, you won't survive long in this game. You are always part of a group of 4, and you learn to act like a limb of a much larger being like a Japanese Swordsman Folktale. Certain infected will bind an ally of yours up or try to drag them away, and it is up to the rest of the squad to help them out. Players can also jump in and out at any given time, but even if you're playing by your lonesome, you won't worry as much with the 3 AIs watching your back. The AI for the other 3 survivors make the squad in Star Wars: Republic Commando look like a pack of retarded lab rats. They'll prioritize on nastier targets, cover what you're not facing at, and come after you if you have an infected ripping your skin off.

As the gameplay emphasizes, you have to work as a team, no other way around it. You are everyone, and everyone is you. If you die, it's game over. If your teammate dies, it's game over. So you learn to value your teammate's lifebar as much than your own, and that means no squandering medkits.

The characters will also be very alert of their surroundings and will shout to the others when they see certain breeds of Infected, if they find items, and other kinds of scenarios.

The enemy is also a total asskicker. Enemies, items, and the like outside of a safehouse will spawn in random locations with each playthrough, so don't count on finding an Assault rifle in the same area.

Infected will also come at you at a nearly constant rate, from in front of you, from behind you, from every place imaginable, even from places you have already cleared! So you are at a constant tension even once you've cleared an area, and you don't know if the door you just entered will come bursting open with even more of the rotting bastards.

Overall:

Graphics 4/5
Sound: 5/5
Control: 5/5
AI: 5/5
Gameplay: 5/5
Replay: 5/5

Total: 29/30
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
I'm downloading the 360 demo right now. I don't have high expectations for it, but I'll give it a try.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.