Join our server on Discord

ZOMBIE SURVIVAL QUESTION
ok, time to get to know all of you, this is a good question involving your logic, partial science and something i've missed! and i'm not answerin mine for a bit, anyway;
you and your close friends are travelling by foot down a hot desert highway on a unbearable summer day seaking refuge from the living dead. you come across a deralect gas station, emptied from a possiblr riot trying to escape. taking note of the garage, you enter to see if theirs any cars.
inside are 2 rides, an old honda civic, front wheel drive, fairly good all-season tires, but no ac and would probably prove useless in sand. the other is a newer subaru impressa, metallic blue, gold rims, ac, all-wheel-drive, and a sexy super-charged V6. your carrying light supply so cargo isn't an issue. your all starved and need a ride to the nearest town, which car would you choose?
please don't make 1 excuse and leave it at that, this is actually a hard question which would ensure your survival. good luck
I would go for the old Honda.

1. Parts would be plentiful. Any scrapyard/Junkyard/Pick-A-Part would have at least 20 of them.

2. I know from personal experience that these things are immortal. My 70-year old Philipino grandfather drives one of these, barely maintains it, and it still runs like a top.

3. No A/C means less parasitic drag on the engine, giving it a small boost in horsepower and fuel economy.

4. Since me and my friends can have only what we can carry, the smaller car is a more logical choice.

5. The Subaru Impreza DOES NOT have a supercharged V-6. It has a TURBOCHARGED FLAT-FOUR, which is intercooled. While the more performance-oriented vehicle would be more comfortable, the OHV Inline Four of the Civic would provide better fuel economy, which would be smarter when working gas stations are few and far between.

6. In all actuality, I would probably be bullheaded and stupid enough to look for a gas-guzzling muscle car or big pickup truck.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I go with coybell's answer as it appears he knows cars while I don't.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
same, (besides the fact cfh is right on the engine thing) my excuses were;
1. better fuel efficiency, compared to a gas guzzling imprezza... *sob*
2. i wouldn't need a subaru for off roadin, i'm already on a highway!!!
3. ac takes gas, and the all-wheel-drive woult tempt me to take a "detour" and most likely loose the rations.
4. if the gas stations empty, there must be s nearby town if people knew about it!
5. if i'm correct, gas flows easier in high heat, EVEN WORSE GAS MILAGE!!! (please don't correct me, i'm on a role)
and thats my reason, damn, everyone chooses the honda! oh well
I gotta correct you, sorry.

The internal combustion engine, namely the old Honda 4-popper, wouldn't suck more gas in high heat.

Y'see, while gasoline is less viscous(flows easier), the engine will only take in what it needs.

If its safe to assume the 4-cylinder is a carberated model, it further reinforces my point. A carberator works purely on vacuum,(in theory, it shouldn't work at all) sucking in fuel as it's needed. Fuel temperature wouldn't adversely affect performance, but air intake temperature would. Most engines like colder temperatures, because the colder air provides a denser charge of oxygen. More oxygen, means better overall burn of the fuel, and better performance and fuel economy.

Since we're talking about high external temperatures, the fuel economy wouldn't be at the most optimum.

Sorry if I put you to sleep.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I hope I'm with Cowboy should I need to pick a Zombie escape ride anywhere. lol
Now, in order to keep this thread going, I'll ask a question.

You arrive in a desolate town, wiped out by the zombies. You spy a gun shop that doesn't seem to be too destroyed.

Upon breaking open the back door, and checking for Zombies, you walk up to the racks of weapons.

You see a Pump Action shotgun, an AR-15 assault rifle, a .22 Survival rifle that collapses down into the stock, a large caliber deer rifle, and a .45 caliber pistol.

All the ammo and spare clips for the weapons lay on shelves, but, due to having to carry all your own survival gear, you can only pick one.

Which one would you pick?

And please give more than one reason as to why.
The last mutt standing.

Bury me with my guns on,

Bury me with my guns on,
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
I choose the pistal as it is powerful for a pistal and it is small and light weight. It may have a lower fireing range and rate but that would only matter if you were up against a LARGE number of zombies which is highly doubtful as common scence would make us stay away from cities unsless in a very very VERY desperate need for supplies.
[Image: seifer.jpg]

FCF2adw A+ C- D- H M- P- R+ T++++ W->+ Z Sm++ RL- a- c++++w d--->++ e-->+ f-- h*>+++ i++>+++ j+>+++ p+ sms>+
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
Gabumon Loverz
Creative Minds
I would go with the Honda, but I think the blue Impreza is actually a Transformer (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/t...escreen/3/), which would be great against zombies.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I'm taking the shotgun.
A) These things came back from the dead, a single bullet won't kill them.
B) Theres something satisfying about a headless corpse, may be it's the one liners. *Pull yourself together.*
C) What zombie movie worth it's salt dorsn't have a shotgun?
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz