Join our server on Discord

Game Reviews: Resident Evil.
In the long time I've been here, I have yet to see anyone dissing or talking about or praising these series. I'm here today to provide all of you with my personal review on the game Resident Evil for the Playstation. I will rate the game in the following five categories:

- Graphics.
- Sound.
- Plot.
- Gameplay.
- Replay Value.

And anyone who wishes to take part in commenting about my review, or offer their own input about the game is welcome to do so. BEWARE! However, that we will also have the right to critiscize and comment about your written stuff!

Anyways, Resident Evil is one of the oldie games that was hopping around when I had just gotten my PS. I never did play it. And the first Resident Evil to make it to my home was Nemesis, the third installation for the series, and at the time, I was a silly little 9 year old that got scared shitless at movies like Pet Cementery 2, so you can expect that Nemesis went as swiftly as it arrived.

Later on, my buddy introduced me to Resident Evil 4, I saw him play it through and through until the end and I got etched to play it. Did so and then, I made it my personal mission that I would use all my present resources to get and play and beat each and all of the Resident Evil games (Added to Resident Evil 4, I had watched all the movies which in my oppinion are great action films).

So yes, a few weeks ago I got Resident Evil: Director's Cut, and started playing, and having made it to the end with no problem (Except being devoured by the Yawn three times and decapitated by Hunters twice), I feel like I have enough experience to comment rightfully.

Without further ado, the review.

- Graphics: 7/10. Let's face it, for its time, it wasn't either perfect or the worst, but even in its polygon 3D newb factor and all the squared characters, you get the privilege of seeing everything from a distance, so you couldn't get that much scared by watching Jill's flat face. The zombies are all the same, save for few exceptions done in purpose by the programmers, or the naked zombies that appear later in the game. All in all, the graphics were averagely good.

- Sound: 5/10. Another thing to face is that Resident Evil doesn't excel in music, and even though I am a personal fan of Capcom's sweet OSTs, the reason for the good music to be so retardedly scarce (to say the least) is that, you don't really need it in a Resident Evil game, save for redundance. The only places where you need music is when you are fighting a boss, or when you are in that kind of scene where "BAM! CERBERUS FOR THE FIRST TIME!", but other than that, the sound doesn't include or exclude many points.

- Plot: 9/10. Had I played this Resident Evil before any other, then maybe I would have fallen into Albert Wesker's plan to pin the villain-role on Barry Burton, but nonetheless, I loved how the story progressed, and furthermore, the files and journals of the people working at the Mansion made you feel how fucked up the events there really were. The best journal of all of them was when one of the workers described how his transformation into a flesh-hungry zombie developed day after day, finishing with: "Itchy. Tasty. Hungry. Tasty." The plot was great, it was all about recording Battle Data from S.T.A.R.S. by Umbrella in their 'disposable' facility at Racoon Mountains. Bastardly, but lovely.

- Gameplay: 10/10. It was simply amazing. I loved being forced to choose what to bring and what not. I ran around and checked every corner, leaving not a stone unturned, and each walking carcass was reduced to a pool of blood (I wish, but I tried to blow their heads all the time anyway), the scarce medicine and healers added to the limited ammo made me appreciate what it is like to be stuck with a Beretta Handgun with 5 rounds left and a fully-loaded Shotgun with no remaining shells in my inventory. I love the game giving you the implicit choices of running, hit&running or simply fighting. I hate Cerberuses. I hate Hunters too, but they don't scare me.

- Replay Value: 4/10. Unfortunately, to me, this game is too long, and it takes time to get everything you really need or want. For a gaming perfectionist such as myself, I certainly would not strive to fully complete everything again, but if you want a real good RE title, you can most certainly start with this one!

Overall Estimated Score: 7/10. A great survival/horror game. Lacks lots of good cinematics that could have been fit in many places, but the playthrough did please me!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad