Join our server on Discord

Faiz and Masquerade RP (The Edge)
(Aquorlitus)

Solia walked alongside Faiz willingly. "Well, I can teach you to read the ancient language sometime. Not all cities use it. Actually, I think this one and Aqueorlitus are the only ones that do. It's only because they are so old," she explained. "I hear that on the continent of Emaldia, however, the ancient language is widespread. That continent is called Elendia in our modern cities, but they still go by the ancient name. I'd say you're fine as long as you can read our modern language."

Ardeal had been following behind them and overheard. "But won't most of these books in the library be old? And that would mean they would be in the ancient language, right?" Ahead of them, the library grew larger and larger as they approached it.

(Path to the Coast)

"Oh, I don't need rest," Ariadne said. "Surprisingly, I'm f-feeling quite refreshed." A sad smile crept onto her face. She tried to forget the image of the mangled body of the orator; it was the one she created. "B-besides, there will be plenty of time to rest at sundown." She gazed up into the sky to see the sun inching its way slowly across the sky. Evening was still a way off, so they would have a fair bit of walking to do, but if they were lucky, they'd reach the coast as the sun was setting.

As Alexander walked along, he sliced away at some of the long grass. He found it strange how quiet things were. Not many animals or monsters apparently inhabited this area, but it was even more surprising because the taint of humans had barely reached the ecosystem, so it would be the perfect place for creatures. "Looks like we have our work cut out for us," he spoke up, slowing his pace a bit so he wouldn't get too far ahead. "It's just gonna be a peaceful walk for once."
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
(Aquorlitus)

"I would love to, Solia. At least I can gain some knowledge rather than sticks with old way of thinking, as well as I won't bothering my sister anymore." The wolf spoke softly while swishing his fluffy tails. "Hmm..You're right, Ardeal. But I hope there's a translated version on each ancient book. That would be useless of the travelers want to read the old books but unable to do so because the language is old."

(Path to the Coast)

Ryo nodded some and continue walking side by side with Ariadne while Mika watches the two chatting with each other, before they approach closer to Michiru who seems walked slow thanks to the tall grass covering the path.

"I guess we have to get through the tall grass." Mika stated as walk passed Alexander and penetrate those weeds, making a path for others to walk on.
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Aquorlitus)

"Ah, that is a good point, but somehow I don't see many travellers stopping here to just nab a book to read," Ardeal replied. "This place is more like a scholar's dream, and every scholar knows the entire ancient language by heart. I guess we'll have to see when we get there." As the trio approached the library, something seemed wrong. At the top of the steps leading up to the entrance of the mighty building stood two people: one was a female wearing long crismon robes with white arcane glyphs upon it and the other was an old man with white hair wearing robes also, but of a cerulean color with silver wave patterns upon it. He adjusted his spectacles as he talked sternly to the woman. It seemed as though they were having an argument. As the group drew nearer, they could hear what the two were saying.

"...and that means no one can enter," the old man snapped. "I've told you countless times that there is no point.

The female casually ran a hand through her long, blonde hair. "I've had enough excuses out of you. I wish to enter the library and so I am! You can't stop me, and if you do, I will use my authority to place you under arrest." With that, the woman made an attempt to get past the man and open the door to the library, but he stood in the way. The woman scowled. "Enough." Suddenly, four thick tomes popped into existence and began floating around the woman. "I'll show you what interlopers get as a reward!" One of the tomes stopped its orbit and remained floating in front of the woman. With a wave of a hand, the tome opened, the pages immediately glowing red as they flipped about wildly.

The old man started sweating. "P-please....I-I was only doing what I was told to do..," he pleaded.

"Too late. Flames of Hell rise to claim another victim who has fallen in the depths of sin! INFERNO!!" she spoke her incantation causing a surge of flames to spill from the tome and wrap around the old man in a fiery vortex.

"No!" Solia screamed. "Leucaspis!" Solia raised her hand and directed it at the old man. A white rectangle of solidified mana appeared to block the flames. Though the rectangle shattered due to the power of the woman's spell, at least the man was unharmed.

The woman turned to look at the Solia, her books calmly floating around her. "And what, may I ask, are you doing interfering with something that most certainly does not involve you?" she asked venomously.

"She saved my life! That's all that matters!" the old man cried out in joy, but was silenced by an angry glare from the woman in the crimson robes.

(Northern Coast)

The path kept fairly straight and eventually led to their destination: the northern coast. Soon, the path disappeared and was replaced by sand and more tall grass. The air was filled with the smell of the ocean. Farther down, the sand started to disperse and large rocks took dominance over the shore.

"Well, it seems we've made it," Alexander stated flatly, completely unenthusiastic. "Not a lot to see here, either." Out across the ocean, far out in the deep waters, two bodies of land could be seen. "Hmmm, those two islands...," Alexander mumbled aloud.

"What about them?" Ariadne spoke up, shielding her eyes from the sun as she gazed out across the ocean as Alexander was.

"I forgot what they were called, but I've heard that several anthro tribes inhabit them. Though I can't remember the names of the islands, I do know that one was named after 'thunder' and the other was named after 'lightning.' It's been a while since I've really studied geography, so don't quote me on that."

Ariadne plopped down in the sand. "Phew...well, we don't have to worry about them. We're s-setting up camp here, r-right? It's been a long day." In the distance, the sun was slowly making its way to the horizon. The sunset was approaching.

The OCA
(Aquorlitus)

Faiz walk closer to the library entrance before stopped as seeing the two people arguing about something related to entering the library.He kept on hearing their arguments until the time where the female threaten the old man with fire spell, before Solia stopped it and the wolf went in front of her lover to protect her. "We have to interfere because you're using magic to threaten his life." He stated softly with a little deep angry growl.

(Northern Coast)

Once there, Michiru, Ryo and Mika observe the beautiful shore until the female wolf spot the small islands not too far from the shore before her ears lowering a bit. The two island being inhabitant by the anthro with wings and possessing thunder abilities, same like the one-tailed and two-tailed wolf tribe.

"So, I guess we camp here." Ryo stated as went to between the two big rocks which is suitable to make a fire. "And Michiru can provide a shielding support for us to have a peaceful night sleep. Right Michiru?" The male wolf glance to Michiro who still standing still, seeming like her mind went off to somewhere.

Mika went closer to the female wolf and shooks her a little bit."Michiru? Is there something wrong?"

Michiro jumped a little and smiles nervously, waking up from her slumber. ”Oh, there is nothing wrong, Mika." She then looked to Ryo. "A protection barrier...I can provide it in long run."
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Aquorlitus)

The female rolled her eyes. "Shut up, worthless garbage," she shot back at Faiz. "I can do whatever it is that I wish. I am a royal ambassador, I'll have you know." She waved a hand causing one of her books to strike the elderly man in the head causing him to fall on his butt. The female laughed. "You're all lucky that I don't make it a habit of getting my hands dirty or all of you would be incinerated by now. I'm sure we'll meet again. Farewell." With a snap of her fingers, she vanished.

The old man got up slowly with Solia's help, his hand rubbing his head gently where the book had struck him. "My word, what a heartless woman," he groaned in pain. He felt relief instantly though, for Solia had cast a small healing spell. "Thank you very much, young lady. You have been such a help. All of you have."

"It's no problem, sir. We were just going to look around the library," Solia replied with a smile.

The old man grimaced.

(Northern Coast)

"Don't even waste your magic," Alexander spoke up. "There's nothing around here. It might be odd, but this place must not be notorious for bandits or monsters because, even as the sky grows darker, none have made an appearance." He took a calm, relaxed breath.

"But we'd rather b-be safe than sorry," Ariadne interjected. She scowled as Alexander just brushed her off with a wave of his hand.

"Do whatever it is you wish," he said nonchalantly. His thoughts at the moment were focused on Michiru, who he was supposed to keep an eye on. Has the God of Thunder granted her mana as well? Surely it should have returned to the planet, he thought, his mind easily protected from outside viewers. Gah, this is all an abomination. Gaia would be furious if she were awake at the moment. He is depriving her vessel of mana. He gulped. This could get ugly...

The OCA
(Aquorlitus)

Faiz already getting used with the verbal abuse and doesn't tipped him off no matter how harsh the word is. He just went silence and stared to the female with an expressionless stare. Once the female vanished, he approach the old man before asking. "We wish to enter the library to read some fairy tales and history. Does the library open for travelers like us?"

(Northern Coast)

"Do not worry. Protection shield only consume a little bit of my power and it can be recovered as long as I didn't use any forms of spells within the usage period." Michiru stated.

"Well, I go down the shore to catch some fish for all of us to eat, while Ryo gather some woods for a camp fire." Mika stated as run towards the shore, took a high jump before dive into the water. The male wolf then went to the nearest bushes to gather some twigs, dried leafs and woods to make a fire so they can cook the fish.

In the meantime, Michiru chant a spell to create an invisible protection shield around the camping site, which Alexander, Ariadne, Ryo and Mika can go in and out freely without any interruption.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Aquorlitus)

The old man shook his head. "Normally, the library would be open to all, but it is just as I told that harsh woman: the library is closed because almost all of the books have been stolen." He took a moment to gesture towards the building which had ribbons wrapped all over it that read: DO NOT ENTER.

Solia's jaw dropped. "How in the WORLD could all of those books be stolen at one time?" she asked incredulously. She just assumed they were all stolen at the same time because of how severe the event seemed to be. "And who would want to snatch away books anyway? I know some were valuable, to be sure, but almost all of them? It just seems ridiculous."

"I say it had to be the work of a master thief," Ardeal proposed, his blood pumping just a bit from excitement.

"You probably wouldn't be too far off there, sonny," the old man replied solemnly.

(Northern Coast)

Alexander rolled his eyes. "Yeah, don't leave anything for us to do." He closed his eyes and began chanting a spell. The words were completely foreign, neither ancient nor modern language. Suddenly, the sand began moving seemingly of its own accord, swirling and dancing before slowly forming shapes, mostly of furniture like beds, tables, and chairs. When the shapes were formed, the sand hardened to stay that way. The young boy opened his eyes to view his work. "I feel sorry for anyone who isn't a Restocasian," he said in content.

"Why is that?" Ariadne ventured to question.

"Easy. They can't use magic of their own volition; we have to give it to them," he replied with utmost nonchalance. "No mortal could ever do anything concerning magic if it wasn't for us. Most Restocasians think we should have kept the magic to ourselves, and even now, they want to stop the humans from using it. They think that it is much too dangerous to provide yet another weapon to a barbaric and brutally violent race."

The OCA
(Aquorlitus)

The wolf drop his ears a bit as hearing such a bad news, but he hoped that the thief doesn't took the book he's looking forward to read. "I guess it can't be helped then..." Faiz let out a soft sigh while looking to the ribbon surround the entrance.

(Northern Coast)

"So it means, you don't want mortals to learn the magic because it might lead them to do something dangerous?" Ryo suddenly said as return with bunch of dried leaves and woods, setting it up not too far from the sand-made furniture. With a flick of his short claws, a sparks created and went on to the woods before the fire emerges.

In the meantime, Mika able to gather big fish for them to fill their empty stomach and jumped out of the water with her clothes completely soaked. "'m back. Here's your meal for tonight's dinner." She approach the campfire and began roasting the fish while drying herself with the warmth from the ember.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
(Aquorlitus)

"If you want to go inside and look around, I won't object since you did me such a great favor," the old man offered in consolation. "But I'm afraid you won't find a single volume that would be of any help to you all. Only a few nonfiction records have remained, mostly about history, and then the majority of all that is left are fictional stories."

Solia nodded thankfully. "We might as well look. Maybe we can find some clues on who did it," she said with a comforting smile. It was a long shot, but maybe the thief left something behind besides useless books.

"So now you're a crime scene investigator?" Ardeal spoke up jokingly while the old man undid the ribbon blocking the front door.

(Northern Coast)

Alexander shrugged his shoulders. "I personally couldn't care less. Besides, we can always hold this whole magic thing above your heads in order to get what we want, but the Restocasians don't tend to be a greedy race. After all, they gave mortals magic and in return, all they asked for was isolation, which the mortals have surprisingly upheld...except for that ignorant queen who thinks she can conquer us."

"Why don't the Restocasians just kill her?" Ariadne asked, knowing that the ancient race certainly possessed the power.

"Sorry, but with the whole isolation thing, we don't get into the affairs of the mortals," he responded, but with no regret in his voice. "We just defend ourselves until she loses too many soldiers and retreats. She is quite stupid, if I do say so myself. I don't know what she expects by attacking us over and over again. If she thinks we'll eventually get tired, she's got another thing coming." He took a moment to catch his breath as a slight smile appeared on his face. "But just count your lucky stars that you have at least one Restocasian on your side."

Ariadne nodded and smiled gently. "That fish looks good, Mika. Thank you," she said gratefully as she watched the fish cook in the flames.

The OCA
(Aquorlitus)

Faiz's ears perked up a little once hearing the statement. "Well, at least it still keep the history books. I'm not really into non-fiction stories." He stated while watching the old man untie the ribbon so they can step into the library.

(Northern Coast)

"Your welcome, Ariadne. It won't take long for the fish to properly cooked." Mika shift the side of each fish to make sure both side are edible for them to eat. Normally, she just eat raw after follow her brother's diet when in the middle of the journey.

In the meantime, Michiru sitting on top of the big rock while looking towards the islands, recalling some memories of her visiting the winged tribe. Since she able to appear in this world, she haven't seen a winged anthro survivor anywhere else, knowing that all are dead.

After a while, the fish is cooked nicely. "Okay, everyone. Grab your dinner here. It's a simple one, but I'm sure it taste delicious on your tastebuds." The dragon said cheerfully and Ryo coming over to take one fish before eats it slowly.

"Mnnrr...It's been a while I haven't eat any meaty food..." Ryo murred softly while munching the warm fish.
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds