Join our server on Discord

Colour this picture.
(11-07-2008 02:58 AM)circeus Wrote: I know it's a bit nasty given it's a five minute job, but I have to take a turn critiquing. I'm not clear there were any added shadows (so it's not exactly the best way to show me up), and the lineart cleanup is, quite honestly, horrible. Whatever you've done, it unsharpens the lines and make the shadows all wonky. Even what should have been white from the start doesn't actually look like it was. The compression artefacts are downright scary (Seriously, compression more than 80~85% is the best way to ruin an image), and the background is a hack job. Featureless white would have done it just as well, if not way better (it makes the lighting look way off).

Almost all the complains should be forwarded to people who made the scan of the manga page not me. Of course there's added shadows. The page wasn't white, it had some black stuff that looked like artst lost control of his pen or something. I know it sucks but meh, I didn't want to spend extra time to make better bg. Sue me. :D

Lineart cleanup? What's that?

Quote:If it's a manga scan, and you tried to take away the half-tones, that was IMHO a stupid move: half-tones in manga are part of the style itself, and getting rid of them is not only a massive hassle (you need very high-res scans to have a good chance) but ultimately pointless.

Again, I didn't scan this. If I would have, I'd have used better resolution among other things. I don't know what you mean by half tones.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you
I did one too. I used the gimp.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"It could be worse, you could be on fire." - Me
See my deviantart account http://pacmandrugs.deviantart.com/ ,made from the good stuff.
(11-12-2008 07:45 AM)pacmandrugs2 Wrote: I did one too. I used the gimp.

That is very good. The only bit that could definitely see improvement is the hair. Those highlights look quite off.
"Mental Note: The guys you think are gay are normally straight, even thought they'll make out with you if they've had enough to drink." JJriddler

"If Jeri says you're cute, you're CUTE. " Renafan
(11-12-2008 07:45 AM)pacmandrugs2 Wrote: I did one too. I used the gimp.
Ugh no lights on trees? >_> You gotta make it alittle more realistic as it's needed sunlight. Plus the hair does needs to be work on. The tree is okay.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
If I find the time I'll try to make an even better one. Has anyone agreed on what hair color the guy is supposed to have? Black hair was kind of a cop out.
"It could be worse, you could be on fire." - Me
See my deviantart account http://pacmandrugs.deviantart.com/ ,made from the good stuff.
(11-14-2008 12:55 PM)pacmandrugs2 Wrote: If I find the time I'll try to make an even better one. Has anyone agreed on what hair color the guy is supposed to have? Black hair was kind of a cop out.

Go with brown. Seems to be the most common.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
Be unique, make it pink.
[Image: Seethsig.jpg]

[Image: promo.jpg]

Lord Patamon Wrote:King of sadism alright, that's a perfect title for you