Join our server on Discord

Shit's gonna hit the fan no matter who wins.
Quote:And already, we see how arrogant some people can become just because a black man becomes President:

I know; it's the part about his victory that irks me a lot. Many, many black people didn't listen to a damn thing he said, have no idea what his policies are (or McCain's), and just voted for Obama because his skin color is darker than the average president's.

When you think about it, Obama is probably one of the least black black people in the country. He was raised by whites, his father had no American slavery heritage, and he certainly doesn't talk like the average black man, which isn't a bad thing, but still. I think it's not right that so many people take this as a civil rights victory or the fruition of the movement.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Yeah. He's not even all the way black. He's half. But yeah. He got the Stereotype vote. Like the ones who work with my mother that make her not like them much. And I live in the freaking south. So I hear a lot at times. Like my brother in law. Best dad my nephew ever had but, he can be such a hard to get a long with red neck. Plus some people at my work are just not informed enough to have voted. Everyone at my tech school I talked to seem to be smart enough to have voted.
Obama's already showing his hand in how he's going to run things once in office:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081109/ap_on_el_pr/obama

And with Congress and the Supreme Court under his thumb, I doubt he'll be squeamish about executive orders.
Only now I read the part with the black people going nuts about Obama winning. Seriously, there are loads of thousands of people who don't have anything better to do, but c'mon, what's their deal? Are they now gonna form a KKK against whites or something? How foolishly true can this be?
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
No, they're just being weird. And a lot of them are stereotypes. So that's why.
They should read Grisham's "A Time To Kill", see if going to the extreme would help bring equality at all :/
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Quote: He got the Stereotype vote. Like the ones who work with my mother that make her not like them much. And I live in the freaking south. So I hear a lot at times.
A lot of what? I find it difficult to believe that blacks in the South behave much differently from whites. Aren't both races lower middleclass?

Quote:Obama's already showing his hand in how he's going to run things once in office:
Those are both policies worthy of reversing. If that's a sign of things to come, all the better.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I mean the stereotypical N word black people voted for Obama while the stereotypical whites, or rednecks, voted for McCain. I have a chart on the varying degrees of white and blackness. Or at least the most common types you see. And yes, both these specific types act a lot a like.
Quote:Those are both policies worthy of reversing. If that's a sign of things to come, all the better.

So you think it's great he's be ruling by the decree of "If I want it done, it's going to get done, and to hell with the Constitution,"?

I'm not referring to the policies, I'm referring to the fact he plans on using executive orders to avoid having to go through Congress. And in regards to those two policies, he's essentially making law rather than enforcing or clarifying a law set forth by Congress or the Constitution (which the Supreme Court found to be illegal when Harry Truman tried it and when Bush tried it with Texas). The Court found that ""The president's authority to act, as with the exercise of any governmental power, 'must stem either from an act of Congress or from the Constitution itself.'"

You're making it harder to believe you're really logical. Our government has three seperate branches for a reason, and if one can ignore the other in making laws, it doesn't bode well for the people.

Quote:And yes, both these specific types act a lot a like.

I've never heard a redneck say "You're just doing this to me because I'm white!"
No I mean rednecks and N-words are embarrassments to the respective races.