Join our server on Discord

What makes Animes work for you?
What do you like in anime? If something is missing does it break a series for you? If so what?

I'd say I like a good character development on a story that is interesting. For example, Shooting Star Megaman was fun but the story was the basic usual rehash week after week so I grew bored though I found most other aspects of the story fun. In fact Digimon Savers dangerously toed this line for me until the second arc swung in and changed things up.

I love comedy in my anime, particularly fanservice comedy because it normally results in some funny reactions by the main character.

Really though, I need something that is fun and doesn't try too hard because that usually makes it stumble.

Anyhow, after you say what you like in anime post your top anime that contains these things!

My top one is Gurren Lagann, it's the perfect anime for someone like me.
Aww, I actually loved Ryuusei no Rockman, both of its seasons. I'm not one to give all my attention to details and I admit it, lol, but the anime could sometimes get a tad uhm... melodramatic with Subaru's emoness' in development. Then again, when it all changed (After the FM-ians started to act like Team Rocket in Pokemon) I think it was THERE when it became all better in my oppinion.

I'm also one to enjoy comedy in an anime, something like in One Piece, a mix of comedy and action that sometimes produces a mix of its own degree and gets you to laugh and pay attention at the same time. Or in mangas like Detective Conan or Gyakuten Saiban, where the protagonist gets teased all the time, even though we're talking about a Murder Case! The fun and the seriousness blends together to make a spectacular mix. This is something I noticed in Slayers, with Rina and Gaudy (Hope I got their names right).

The three best animes in my oppinion, with these foundamental characteristics for my personal enjoyment are: Bleach, Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho. They all reunite comedy and action in healthy doses, and the three main characters of each anime (Ichigo, Inuyasha and Yusuke respectively) are all goofs that get teased for trying to play tough all the time, and it their reactions are always fun, nothing dramatic, just... fun. Heh heh.

Sorry Reclaimer, can't really decide which of the three is my favorite or 'top'!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Final Fantasy: Unlimited really made me really into Anime, the ending was sad, also I can't even understand japanese in the sound track of FF:U after, and FF:U 2. But I used to be that girl who goes gaga over a anime character, which is Shiroi Kumo.

The top favorite anime although I prefer manga is Addicted to curry, Claymore, and Jing: King of Bandits!

Claymore is about a warrior, not just any warrior but a girl warrior that is a half demon. Claire and the boy who often follows her whenever she goes. There's blood, there's gores, and there's mostly girls(to any guy's and gals who's interested). The story is very intense and serious the action part is what makes it so interesting comics I've read.

Addicted to curry is absolute hilarious, it's alittle bit on the serious side but during the beginning of it makes me laugh. It also shows some recipes on how to make curry.

Jing: King of Bandits is a short comic series*more like 16 or 15 mangas of it*, but after reading it a while it's more like a poem, mixed with Alice in Wonderland, and some words you can't describe. You have Jing that rumored to be the king of bandits and Kir the albatross who talks and flirts with many girls he seen. His goal is to get the one that considered to be rare to find not even his enemies can get him.
I'm more active in FA and DA now. Click here to look at my gallery!
The Sabre Clan
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Creative Minds
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
I love comedy, fantasy, action, and just the right amount those "touching" moments, but not overdone.

BLEACH is awesome and fast-paced, it's got great jokes, and it's got RANGIKU. It also has the dark-skinned busty babe in the form of Yoruichi, and a big Mexican/Japanese guy who's very nice, Sado. Oh, and I just LOVE how they don't judge strength by people who wear glasses! Ishidia Uryuu, Ex-Captain Aizen, Szayel Aporro Grants, s'all good! Oh, and they've got the furry fan-service Captain, Capt. of 7th Division, Sajin Komamura!

I just about lost all faith om Naruto Shippuden, but I still watch it for the dawgies. Also, I'm Kakashi's numbah one fan.

SOUL EATER is pure love. Almost EVERY CHARACTER (Save for Maka, the main Character.) is abnormal! The action sequences, the comedy, the pace of the story, it's amazing! The animation itself is... kinda goofy, but that doesn't kill the action one bit. Another powerful Bespectacled Character in the form of DR. FRANK STEIN!! INSANO PROFESSOR!!

I'm currently waiting for Tales of the Abyss (The animation) to get subbed. My friend is SO lucky he understands Japanese.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
The thing that makes anime work for me is when the entire story is well thought of, the characters are realistic, and it gives you a satisfied and fufilled feeling when you watch the final episode. One such anime which gave me this kind of thing was Gurren Lagann, although some things disappointed me in the series, it made justice to somewhat equal it. There's also action and a bit of comedy, so I didn't mind it. (Episode 6, anyone? Good morning!)
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Rainbow 
explosions and blood/violence.:D
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla
[Image: potential.png]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Devil May Cry and Elfen Lied would work with you.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Hellsing will appeal to you as well. Hellsing OVA most especially.

Oh, and Higurashi.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
What about Runirou Kenshi OVA? ^-^
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Rurouni Kenshin? OOH, the Samurai Guy, right? I think I watched it, it was good.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers