Join our server on Discord

The most unrealistic deaths.
In movies and video games, there can be times where the way a person dies can be overly exaggerated and completely unrealistic.

Example: Final Destination series

cause of Death: Decapitation by a shard of metal kicked up by a train.

Reality: The train is so heavy, it would flatten the metal instead of kicking it up. Even if it did kick it upwards, it would most likely be sent less than a foot up rather than twenty feet to the left at 100+ MPH. And in this scenario, it would most likely just embed itself in the person's head rather than take their whole head off.

Add to this list deaths that you've seen in a movie or video game where the death was exaggerated or unrealistic.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Something I have to point out that occurs in almost all movies.

Death By Grenade: in most movies, when a grenade, Claymore Mine, or C-4 Explosives detonate, they show it as a massive fireball.

WRONG.

When a professionally made explosive device detonates, there is little to no fire. It's just a blinding flash, skull-rattling boom, and there's people blown apart. No fire.

The best way to look at it is like this: blow up a firecracker. It's the same idea, but on a much smaller scale. No fire, just a flash, sound, and, if you're dumb enough to be holding it, you'll be missing some fingers.
The last mutt standing.

The one and only, Cowboy from Hell.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I reach the other side, 
I can show him what it feels like to die.

Bury me with my guns on,
So when I'm cast out of the skies,
I can shoot the Devil right between the eyes.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Sindel's Fatality in Mortal Kombat Deception! : D

Sindel throws her victim up in the air and starts spinning her spear above her, the victim falls down and their parts start flying everywhere! One would easily be able to appreciate this with a completely bladed weapon, but the spear only has a single bladed-end, and her spear is completely made of wood, the victim is... cut by wood splinters? lol.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
somehow someone is thrown something explosive and for some odd reason they decide to catch it they then look down have that retarded look on their face (you know the one that is like total terror mixed with minor brain damage) when really they should have more of a "oh shi--" kind of look on their face or even a "wtf?" then instead of throwing the explosive away they just stand there and explode but not like having their chest cavity emptied like you would assume no instead they are completely and totally vaporized no trace of bones or anything just a shower of blood everywhere
you can do this one in every 30 times and still have 97% positive feedback
[Image: youcandothisoneinevery30timesandsti.png]
Renamon's Army
The Sabre Clan
Well, that's what happens in Blade 2 with the traitor dude, isn't it? And I like that explosion. It's more or less what Cowboy likes: Big bloody explosion with no burst of fire. But I still can't believe how a little button (it was that little) can create such a tsunami of intestines.
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
The main bad guy in black in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, that was quite an unrealistic death.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wasn't he a cartoon? Then it would be realistic for a cartoon. Not literally realistic of course.
(10-05-2008 09:54 AM)Wisemon Wrote: The main bad guy in black in Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, that was quite an unrealistic death.

Judge Doom. And yeah, even though he was literally flattened by a steam roller, remember that he was a cartoon. Cartoon physics don't count.

Cowboy from Hel Wrote:Something I have to point out that occurs in almost all movies.

Death By Grenade: in most movies, when a grenade, Claymore Mine, or C-4 Explosives detonate, they show it as a massive fireball.

WRONG.

When a professionally made explosive device detonates, there is little to no fire. It's just a blinding flash, skull-rattling boom, and there's people blown apart. No fire.

The best way to look at it is like this: blow up a firecracker. It's the same idea, but on a much smaller scale. No fire, just a flash, sound, and, if you're dumb enough to be holding it, you'll be missing some fingers.

They demonstrated this on Mythbusters, the difference between a Hollywood explosion and a real explosion.

Hollywood explosions are more fire and smokey than anything else, because that's what people are more attracted to.

Real explosions have almost no fire, and unlike their movie counterpart, make a lot of shrapnel.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Quote:Hollywood explosions are more fire and smokey than anything else, because that's what people are more attracted to.
Actually, I think a flash explosion would be cooler to see than a fiery one, but that's just me.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Am I right that explosions and fireballs are properly speaking incompatible?
"Mental Note: The guys you think are gay are normally straight, even thought they'll make out with you if they've had enough to drink." JJriddler

"If Jeri says you're cute, you're CUTE. " Renafan