Join our server on Discord

Halo 3: One Year Later
It's been a year now since we have finished the fight. What are your thoughts about the game? Do you consider it the best of the Trilogy? Or the Worst? What do you think could have been better, and do you think there will be an answer to the many unanswered questions?

What happened to the Ark and Mendicant Bias?

What happened to Master Chief?

Is Cortana still alive?

What is the mysterious Legendary Planet?

Are the other Covenant races extinct?

What does Halos firing sequence really look like?

Is this related to the Marathon Universe?

What happened to Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartans?
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
Well reading Ghosts of onyx will answer the Dr. Hasley question along with the rest of red team.

Covenant races, again read ghosts of onyx, a large chunk are gone.

What happened to cheif? dunno, if they make a halo 4, you'll know cortana is with him.

thats pretty much all I know.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Quote:What happened to the Ark and Mendicant Bias?
I assume the Ark was destroyed. Mendicant Bias, destroyed: See below.

Quote:What happened to Master Chief?
He's napping.

Quote:Is Cortana still alive?
She should be alive, though will continue to deteriorate as any AI does, so depending on when Chief wakes up she could be gone.

Quote:What is the mysterious Legendary Planet?
A mysterious planet.

Quote:Are the other Covenant races extinct?
No.

Quote:What does Halos firing sequence really look like?
Like a big bright light.

Quote:Is this related to the Marathon Universe?
No, apparently Bungie confirmed it is not. Unless thats a clever distraction.

Quote:What happened to Dr. Halsey and the remaining Spartans?

As hound said: Onyx

PS It might be important to mention the new Bungie Halo game that will be directly related to Halo 3, yet not a sequel, and probably not involving Chief. Get on LIVE, go to Halo 3 videos, and watch KEEP IT CLEAN.

PSS Halo 4 is not being developed by Bungie.

This is one of the best Halo 3 analysis sites: http://blog.ascendantjustice.com/halo-3/the-terminals/
That link tells the story of all the Terminals, and if you go to The Thunder and the Surf, its the story of Bias. It's really good too.
If you watch after the credits like in every other halo game you'll see an extra scene. Master cheif and cortana are still alive. Seriously know one watches the WHOLE thing. damn.....
(10-01-2008 09:37 AM)RyanCruey Wrote: If you watch after the credits like in every other halo game you'll see an extra scene. Master cheif and cortana are still alive. Seriously know one watches the WHOLE thing. damn.....

Still doesn't say what happened to Chief and Cortana. Chief went into Cryo, Cortana is watching over him...then what?

Exactly.
(10-01-2008 09:37 AM)RyanCruey Wrote: If you watch after the credits like in every other halo game you'll see an extra scene. Master cheif and cortana are still alive. Seriously know one watches the WHOLE thing. damn.....

Actually, I DID see the whole thing, even the legendary ending. Do you not read?

I was talking about after he goes back into cryosleep *Which, ironically, is how he begins the trilogy: Coming out of cryosleep.*. What happens after? As for Cortana, it's most likely it haas been a long time between then and the Legendary ending. Most likely she expired after the 7 year mark or less, if you consider what she thought in First Strike.

For those who don't know...

Cortana while on the "Uneven Elephant", was going through the data she picked up while in the control room on Halo. She came to the conclusion that the amount of data that she accumulated while on Halo took up a massive portion of her memory space, and that it possibly made a huge cut on her lifespan. Question is... how big was it?

The OCA
(10-01-2008 04:08 PM)Lost Requiem Wrote: Cortana while on the "Uneven Elephant", was going through the data she picked up while in the control room on Halo. She came to the conclusion that the amount of data that she accumulated while on Halo took up a massive portion of her memory space, and that it possibly made a huge cut on her lifespan. Question is... how big was it?

I think it would be an interesting start to a new Halo series to have Chief wake up to Cortana cycling him out of Cryo sleep because she's about to expire, and then she goes right before the first start. You'd be able to start the level with points of interest she logged for you before expiring and then maybe pick up a new AI along the way.
The other question I had is

Cortana went through more crap than any other Smart AI. She was also made from Dr. Halsey's brain tissue that was flash-cloned. With Halsey's intelligence and the fact that Cortana was made differently from other Smart AI, does this change her lifespan at all?

The OCA
Maybe, I might Re-read the series but something rings a bell in Fall of Reach

Halo wars should be great, mainly because its an RTS game, and I LOVE RTS games.
"How did Mary Die?"
"A TIRE, HIT HER IN THE FACE!"
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Didn't she partition some of it away to re-extend her lifespan or something like that?

ADDED: New Halo Wars clip up on IGN, it's a game cutscene and its pretty cool. Introduces the new AI for the game, Serena.

UPDATE AGAIN!: Halo: Recon trailer is online, it doesn't star Chief, you play as a ODST stranded in the destroyed New Mombasa. Apparently it will have stealth elements and such...without the Chief's armor it will certainly have new elements outside of run and gun.