Join our server on Discord

Favorite Anime and Reviews
Here's the favorite anime topic. Feel free to leave reviews of them as well.
My favorite anime is Revolutionary Girl Utena.

The show is about a girl, Utena who, as a young girl, met a prince after her parents died. The prince comforted her and gave her a ring to remember him by. Utena decided from that day on that she wanted to become a prince of her own. Now she is in school and meets other people with the same ring who all duel for the hand of the rose bride.

The show sounds like it's going to be full of action and swordfights but it's not. With 39 episodes there's quite a lot of character development. There's a lot of taboo-ish stuff in the show such as incest, homosexuality, incest, ect. Throughout the show we learn each character's reason for dueling and who the rose bride really is. Utena is a story of self discovery and growing up. I seriously recommend this to anyone even if they aren't a shoujo fan.
[Image: marriage2wy1.jpg]
Geat Teacher Onizuka (a.k.a GTO)

Onizuka Eikichi, is a former motorcycle gang member and a legendary one at that. Now Onizuka has 22 years old and a dream, he wants to be a high school teacher, so he can flirt with school girls, but soon after he realizes his dream and becomes a teacher in a prestigious privite school Onizuka discovers he as a conscience and sense of morality, thus making it imposible for him to flirt with his students. Not only that, Onizuka is put in charge of the most trouble-maker bunch in the history of the school, now he has to teach them that not all teachers are bad and gain the hearths of his students, teaching them lessons of life to them.
To see some of my artwork Click here
Gurren Lagann

Perfect match of mecha and over the top action, add on a great story and it's win win WIN. Plus, they embrace the action and you believe it can happen. I felt more drawn into the world because they said, to hell if its impossible, we're doing it and you'll believe...I mean a mech piloting a mech that pilots a mech? FUCKING AMAZING!

Plus a kick ass cast of characters, none of which are "untouchable" and they teach you that early. The series takes only 27 episodes to do what most can't manage in 50+: Give us a cast we care about, and show how their story begins and end, don't drag the story, don't sugar coat things, throw down and move on with it.

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH! lol
I'll do my review once I see the rest of the series. And I'll be attaching one of the best scenes from it
Gurren Lagaan 9After Helix King gets owned) 8/10
Up until that point it's entirely retarded, after that however the story gets better with several plot twists and character developements. Nia in owner armor FTW.
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (9/10)
Very nice story and it is ~not~ like cardcaptor sakura, the later series are much better and I like how Fate rocks hardcore!
Or maybe you just don't have enough Spiral Power to appreciate the show. ha ha Too bad they may not see that. heh
Up to the helix king was all character development...and was amazing! If anything it was after the helix king, the first few episodes "7 years later" that were a bit slower. Once the plot of the second or rather third arc got moving that was great too! The only disappointing episode was the summary episode. I'd rather have seen some hot Yoko action or Gurren Lagann kicking the shit outta things.
One of my fav's is Ariashi no Yoru ni, or One Stormy Night.
I would go indepth with this one, but it comes down to the story line, and the fact that its just so well done and made for kids, with several suggested adult theme's. The landscaping and music are great, and for the more impressive part, both languages, watching it Jap with subtitles, and in English, both are well done. Too bad you can't buy this in DVD format for under 60$'s.

Overall something good to watch with a friend. <3
~Gabu

Live life and let live.

2 years on the DaD
Gabumon Loverz Group Trooper
DMAW moderarator
Art Section Mod
Muse of many talents
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
(11-11-2008 02:17 AM)The Reclaimer Wrote: Up to the helix king was all character development...and was amazing! If anything it was after the helix king, the first few episodes "7 years later" that were a bit slower. Once the plot of the second or rather third arc got moving that was great too! The only disappointing episode was the summary episode. I'd rather have seen some hot Yoko action or Gurren Lagann kicking the shit outta things.
They had to do that in order to get people ready for even more Spiral Power that was coming up. Like the first couple of episodes of the 7 years later part, that had the awesomeness go up slowly until they got to space and the Dai-Gurren-Lagann.