Join our server on Discord

Let the fun start!
*Walks in the stage with a mic in hand and stops in the middle and looks at the audience*

Ladies, Gentlemen, Digimon, Furries and all other creatures present.

You freaked when it only showed and error, you cried when you heard it imploded or exploded, heck you wanted to lynch the whole staff for this mess, but even when all the predictions for it to survive were negative, we didn't gave up, we fought, we checked till the last tiny possibility, we even borrowed some of Gatomon's lives for it and now I proudly announce that Digiartist's Domain Community is back to action!

*Celebration music can be heard as everyone claps and cheers, he then raises his hand stopping the music and the cheers and then clears his throat*

However this didn't came without a price, a price all of us don't like but wasn't the only way, the board is back alright but with the topics and posts as of July, 2007.

The Database before the problem happened was too big to get a backup, just the posts themselves make the database in size above 200 mb plus there are still the tables for the chat feature, and the old tables of the phpboard, those ones right now is just the tables there, I haven't restored anything on those since they aren't necesary but I have the backup of those pretty safe.

Anyhow, there were things I did managed to rescue, like the current memberlist as of september of this year, the actual moderators, and usergroups, also you will notice that your post counts are the ones as of September of this year, that is because they came as part of the memberlist database part I managed to rescue.

There are still some visual things that need to be fixed, like change the emoticons to the ones we are used to, and a few other images but is nothing that can't be done within the administration panel by our good admins.

I also updated some of the plug-ins since the versions here weren't compatible with the new version of the board, here are the changes:

Games Section: updated to beta version 1.1.10.0 to work with MyBB 1.4.1 which is this version, I got a script to add more games if our Admins allow that to be done, there are some games already in the server from the old game section of years ago that can be re-added, as a test I re-added a skiing game and it worked perfectly.

Gender Plug-in: Changed it for a different one which works better, this because I found out some glitches on the old one on unregistered members and when users didn't had any gender selected.

Shoutbox 2.2.0: Updated version of our trusty Shoutbox

Board Message 2.0.0: Updated version of the board message plug-in

Spoiler BBCode 1.2: Updated version of the old spoiler BBCode, to use it is the following code:

Code:
[Spoiler]message[/Spoiler]

Usergroup legends 2.0: Updated version of the usergroup legends plug-in that shows the usergroups on the bottom part of the forum index on the stats area.

Also the pms as of July, 2007 got restored as well but I left the recent ones you sent today, well yesterday since is Wednesday already.

Some of the moderators already got back to their forums, that part is still worked on, is just matter to reassing the moderators to the forums, they already had their moderator status so the only thing left is select them to mod their respective forums, there is a cache of DaD as of Sept, 2008 on Google, with that one we can see who are the actual mods for each section and restore them.

The section Anime-tion and the Subforum Connect which is inside the Video Game Central forum will start from scratch since that section got built this year.

The bad note comes on the rps, lots of rp got lost with this so we have to restart them all over again, I'm deeply sorry about that, I couldn't save them, not even the script I use to backup my own forum database worked for this.

Anyhow, that's a general overview of the changes done to the board, we gonna be working on this but you all can start to post now, if you see any bug or issue just tell us, oh and your pm count is also the one it was before the problem, another side effect of using the current memberlist but is nothing that will hurt the board.

So now let the fun begin!

*Walks off the scenary*
[Image: patagatokiss2.jpg]
PataGato All The Way!!!

Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
My strong recommendation, make a backup at least once a month to avoid this happening again. :)
Find me at SoFurry.com and Furrypile.co.uk
[Image: 3813135.png] [img][Image: YVNJ5.gif][/img]
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Creative Minds
:D It's good to know that the DaD is back and running again. Yet is it sad to hear that all the RPs of this year were lost... Only thing I can say about that is to type up a summary for the last actions or scenes for the RP's that were lost and continue from there. I backed up most of the RPs that I'm in, though I didn't get to them all in time, by saving them one page at a time. So, I'll be reviving ones like the ADaD that way.

Good luck and happy posting out there. ^^ .!!.. I'm sure we'll get this forum back to it's former glory soon.
Nyaa... Will be around but not very much.
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
(09-17-2008 08:28 PM)Lonely Werewolf Wrote: My strong recommendation, make a backup at least once a month to avoid this happening again. :)

Yes...please...I'm still recovering from the fact that all the RPG's are gone :( I can even store the backups, if you want. I've got tons and tons of free disk space that's just sitting around doing nothing.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
I can't tell if I like this new board or not. Well, at least it's back.
In soviet goggles, Russia does nothing.
It's a shame we lost all of this year's posts. ._.

Like they said. Make a backup every month, so that even if it all screws over again, we're ready for it.

But on another note, thank you LP and all who were involved in trying to recover as much of the forums as you could. At least, even if it's not perfect, it's something. You've worked hard to get just this much back of the forum, great job all of you ^^
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Thank goodness it's back up. Oh, by the way, I'm back too. Oh boy, let's get to refilling those lost RPs with new ones, huh?
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Lynch the staff? Nah, I'd never think of doing that.... hey, I lost most of my stars... not like they meant much anyways.
It's enough annoying for me to lose all my posts and threads :@
Creative Minds
Lady Devimon's Minions
Well yeah maybe we lost some of the RPGs but at least the board is safe, nice work LP. I reward you with one giant pie with a gatomon filling.
"Stand tall and shake the heavens!" - Xenogears.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad