Join our server on Discord

Poll: Which console will reign supreme this year?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox 360
0%
0 0%
Playstation 3
37.50%
3 37.50%
Nintendo Wii
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

E3 '07: Who will reign supreme?
Okay, everyone. Each next-gen system has been out for over half a year, and now we can drop the next-gen prefix for good. today, we say hello to the E3 of 2007, the best E3 in videogame history to date. Now comes the biggest question of the week: which console will reign supreme.

In case you haven't been watching E3 '07 Live on G4, The press conferences for the three systems have already been held, and now we wait for the D-day of E3 in just a few hours. Here's a recap on what we know so far...

Microsoft's console, the Xbox 360, is enjoying the lead in the console war. They have a good arsenal of games under their belt, like Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Crackdown, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, and Gears of War.

The future lineup for the 360 is very promising. They have another barrage of hyped games, including Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero III, Blue Dragon, and last but not least, the supreme titan, the one game to rule them all, Halo 3.

Overall Verdict: It is unquestionable that Microsoft is able to hold their own against Sony and Nintendo's consoles. And with the future lineup, the 360 won't have much of an opposition for a long time.

Sony's Playstation 3 stumbled out of the gate on launch day, only having a few immediate good games worth playing. Even now, half a year after the PS3's launch, the only games worth playing are Resistence: Fall of Man, Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Fortunately, more games are on the way. Despite some games jumping ship and going to the 360 as well, a few first party game remain exclusive to the George Forman grill. Final Fantasy XIII, Killzone 2, and Lair among the top. Games like GTA IV, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Devil May Cry 4 are making an appearance on the 360, making it that much harder on Sony. Another update: Sony has dropped the price of the 60 Gb hard drive PS3 to $499. And they have shipped another unit model. This will have an 80 Gb hard drive, and will come packaged with Motorstorm and will cost $599.

Overall Verdict: Sony has the potential and the hardware, but they must follow up with good games, or their console will fail.

Last, but not least, we come to the Nintendo Wii. Back when the cxoncept for the Wii was first broadcasted at E3, gamers were stunned. Nintendo's new take on video gaming was feared to be their downfall. The hardware was not much of an improvement from last-gen, and the motion-sensing concept brought images of mere point-and click games. Come launch day, however, consumers were shockingly surprised; the Nintendo Wii was actually awesome. Most of the lineup was pretty average, like Wii Sports, ExiteTruck, and Rayman: Raving Rabbits, but the intuitive motion-sensitive controls gave the games a brand new feel. However, the one game to guarantee success was The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The game alone validated the price of the Wii, and was awarded Game of the Year by EGM and X-Play.

The little console that could is selling out all over the world. People who have never played videogames before are now picking up the Wii. The simple, yet fun games allow the entire family, including grandma, to easily pick up and play.

The future game lineup is widely varied. Later in the fall and winter, Triple-A list games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Kart. Other games include No More Heroes, Mario Olympics 2008, and Rayman Raving Rabbits 2. Later this coming August, Pokemon Battle Revolution will be released in the U.S, the first game on the Wii that will be playable online via Wi-Fi, which will have no monthly cost.

Overall Verdict: Despite Nintendo's new spin on games, the Wii is a lot better than anyone could have anticipated. The future game lineup will give you more reasons to buy the Wii, and the addition of online play with Brawl and Mario Kart will keep gamers playing these games for many more years to come.

So that is it. All three sides have played their hand. Now it is your turn, the gamer, to judge which console will reign supreme this year.
The OCA
WII!

i shall say no more.
Gabumon Loverz
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Playstation 3 will win, but it's going to take a little time and debugging.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
Wii will reign surpreme
Nintendo, just because. I was disappointed by all the companies this year.

Microsoft: Did they even announce anything? I got bored half way through.
Nintendo: Meh, just release dates. Wii fit doesn't look great, I mean, come on. Video games + exercise? No.
Sony: It's sony. It's about what you expect from them. The PSP silver? That is hilarious. You take a failing game system, you cut some of the weight off it, and paint it. That'll make it better. Sony's best announcement was for the PS2. Big woop.

I don't care what you think about my views, so don't go "SHUT UP, NOOB!" I was just really disappointed by everyone at E3, so, yeah. Even Nintendo, and I thought they were gunna announce some awesome games. Meh. I'll live with GH3, Smackdown vs raw and the wii zapper.
I am with the Wii all the way!!!

* goes and plays Zelda on the Wii*
Veemon's Followers
Wisemon Wrote:Playstation 3 will win, but it's going to take a little time and debugging.
Really?

Asesino Wrote:Nintendo: Meh, just release dates. Wii fit doesn't look great, I mean, come on. Video games + exercise? No.
I thought they were gunna announce some awesome games.
Come on. I think it could help my nephew. He's 12 and weighs as much as me. He's losing a little weight but still, this would help.
And they did announce awesome games.

I'm not saying who I voted for because it's probably obvious.
All I can say is that most of those games seem hardly new with most having "3" or a "4" in the title. At least the Wii has something varied. I myself was worried about how good the controller would function, but they seem to have done a good job. Personally, I've never cared for the E3, there is too much hype and to much work into something I find to be leisure. The only reason I do research is because these things cost money.
I'll say PS3

Resistance, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, MGS4, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Fracture, need I even bother to list more

with the 360 people are starting to hate it ((4 lights of death, Identity thieft, and the latest problem the components of the system making a HUGE ring of scratches along the outside of disks))

with the Wii it is enjoying success now ((to me it's the no.2 system)) but bottom line...outside of Nintendo's camp who is making games that actually control well on the Wii?
UnknownH Wrote:
Wisemon Wrote:Playstation 3 will win, but it's going to take a little time and debugging.
Really?

Asesino Wrote:Nintendo: Meh, just release dates. Wii fit doesn't look great, I mean, come on. Video games + exercise? No.
I thought they were gunna announce some awesome games.
Come on. I think it could help my nephew. He's 12 and weighs as much as me. He's losing a little weight but still, this would help.
And they did announce awesome games.

I'm not saying who I voted for because it's probably obvious.

Don't get me wrong, Wii sports is wonderful. As long as it's a GAME, I'm fine with the jumping around and swinging your arms. But when it comes to a game where all you do is push-ups and stretches? Blah. Video games are supposed to be fun.

What games are you talking about? I'm talking about games BESIDES the ones that were previously announced. Brawl is going to be awesome and Galaxies will be great too, but I already knew of them before E3. If you're referring to that Resident Evil game, I'll have to see how that turns out. Looked a little "Blah" graphics wise, but what do I know? I'm just wondering which games you were referring to.

EDIT:

Quote: Resistance, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, MGS4, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Fracture, need I even bother to list more
You could TRY and list more PS3 games, but I doubt you get far. Well there's.. uhhh.. White Knight Story and uhhh.. Uhh... hmm.. Final Fantasy 13! And uhhh.. uhhh.. eeehhhh.. maybe God of War?